Hacking Does the DSTWO have fitting issues?

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I've recently purchased a DSi XL after not using my DS Lite for quite some time (the hinge was broken and I didn't really like the replacement case) and with the start of the new
semester, I've started taking it with me on train/bus trips. At the moment I'm using an ak2i and I've been perfectly happy with it, but whenever I put my DS in sleep mode and
put it in my bag, the game I'm playing at that time is frozen when I resume from sleep mode. It's not a bug in the software (akaio) or a problem with a single game but just due
to the bad contacts on the ak2i. I don't feel like putting a piece of paper around my cart, so I'm looking for a new flashcart. Just wondering if the DSTWO has any issues of the
same sort?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've got a DSi (not XL) & I've not had any trouble with 'contact issues' with the DS2 (like I had with the Ak2i - even with the 'card tick') however I will admit that I very rarely take the actual card out (or use 'sleep mode' either)
- the main reason is that is can be a little 'snug' getting in/out of Slot-1 (the DS2 I've got is one of the very first versions released, the LE-DS2 I also have seems easier to get in/out though - so there may've been a slight design changed between the two)....

Whenever I want to add/remove anything from the MSD - I usually use the Stylus to push the MSD in slightly so that it then 'clicks' out & I remove it that way.However I will be honest & admit I HAVE had a couple of times problems when doing this though - where on boot up it doesn't see the MSD - but switching off & removing/inserting the MSD usually cures this

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the impressions. If it only happens upon booting, that's not a problem, the only thing that would really bother me is ingame freezing. I've actually had that happen a couple times while just playing and moving with the DS (like turning in a bed).

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not with mine
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users