Hacking Does anyone here NOT want the 3DS to be hacked?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
dsfanatic5 said:
You're a troll, nothing more. Your post will not help anyone to show the "error of their ways," but only make you look like a whining baby, who can't control people's legitimate feelings. Here's a tip: Create your own website, where you can control everything, and be a fucking Nazi towards people, and then you sleep at night with your two members who agree with everything you say, and only make topics to your satisfaction. When you want to join the real world, except peoples opinions, except that people will have valid topics, and chill the fuck out. Peace
grog.gif
Flaming is not a substitute for valid argument.
When, and if, you speak anything considered as "valid" then we can speak. Your short responses only make you seem speechless for your lame remarks. You never had anything valid to say, you only make embarassing statements that shouldn't be made at all. Everyone here can already see what you don't have to offer, so there's no need to respond. You don't have a valid argument, just childish whining about new threads in this forum.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
I don't want to see the 3DS hacked, if only to see the self serving, entitled pirates cringe while they shell out actual cash for their games.
I agree with this more than you could ever imagine...

The problem is that most of them are kids...

Who only pirate because they're too afraid of ... well, nothing, to ask their parents to buy them a game, preferrably discounted.

In that regard, it would help some of 'em grow up a bit, maybe even get a job.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill admit, im a bit of a hippocrite myself. I pirate some games, though i will definately shell out the money if i like the game. (Heck, for some companies like NIS, as long as the game isnt completely horrible ill buy it day 1 without even trying it)

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
Urza said:
dsfanatic5 said:
You're a troll, nothing more. Your post will not help anyone to show the "error of their ways," but only make you look like a whining baby, who can't control people's legitimate feelings. Here's a tip: Create your own website, where you can control everything, and be a fucking Nazi towards people, and then you sleep at night with your two members who agree with everything you say, and only make topics to your satisfaction. When you want to join the real world, except peoples opinions, except that people will have valid topics, and chill the fuck out. Peace
grog.gif
When, and if, you speak anything considered as "valid" then we can speak. Your short responses only make you seem speechless for your lame remarks. You never had anything valid to say, you only make embarassing statements that shouldn't be made at all. Everyone here can already see what you don't have to offer, so there's no need to respond. You don't have a valid argument, just childish whining about new threads in this forum.
I accept your concession.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
dsfanatic5 said:
Urza said:
dsfanatic5 said:
grog.gif
I accept your concession.
And I accept you.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Honestly, I don't care if the 3DS isn't hacked.
It's not that I don't want it to be hacked, it's that I don't really need hacks anyway.
Unless it's capable of TODALLY AWEZOME HOMEBROOZ then that's a different story.
But the DS homebrew IMO sucked, so I don't expect much from the 3DS's homebrew.
And I'm not a pirate. I traded my AceKard2i yesterday and got Pokemon SoulSilver in return!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: If the 3DS homebrew can do stuff like dump GBA and NDS roms and savs, then I want it to be hacked for only that reason.

AetherSolace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually against hacking this time around, At least for this system. I enjoyed a lot of DS games I would have never been able to play on my low budget by the good graces of an R4 Cart and the internet. But now that there's a brand new system with new games that I can keep up with straight from release. I want to give back for awhile. Nintendo gave us a lot of great games on the NDS and this is their big chance with some new technology. I really want to see this system succeed, so if there must be piracy I would sooner see people abstain for a year so it has time to flourish.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wish it will be hacked, because I believe that good things come out of it as well as bad.
Just look at the excellent games the DS has...

Also, because of the region lock! Daaamn!

But yeah, I like to try games before I buy them, and honestly, I don't play many games that I don't buy, though I test a lot!

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Here's something for all the anti-piracy people, from a dev himself

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/Another-view-of-game-piracy

It amazes me how many people don't understand pirates are an extreme minority (nevermind how it appears on a hardcore gaming site), and most never would or could buy the games they pirate to begin with.

When you say blah blah blah damn pirates it only makes you look completely misinformed. Publishers just love finding a scapegoat for their bad sales. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with their game being derivative or uninspired, no no.

Piracy is great for so many reasons. If you import often, you can play the game before it arrives in your mailbox. If there's no demo, you can try it before buying. Then there are more personal reasons, like wanting to play a certain game but not wanting to support a developer who releases DLC one week after the game
smile.gif

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed with that
i hope it'll be pirated
but if nintendo doesn't fight it, it'll soon get overloaded with hackers running only backup-games
it's like it needs to be pirated and fought against it for a perfect harmony

not to mention, failoverflow team also reported not so long ago
that worldwide only til now did they reach 1% [yes 1%] of all the wiis running homebrew channel

i'm happy to see that nintendo is trying to bring back demos, cuz they were cool
it's not like nowadays, where you get to see a review or an intro[which ofc looks awesome] and dunno what's the gameplay like
no demos also encourage this, as well as tremendorous prices for games and horrbile availability[srsly, some of the classics here are only available in the c-city]

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
RNorthex said:
agreed with that
i hope it'll be pirated
Keep dreaming.
We'll need a method to pirate the ARM processor first.

there were no offensive intentions in my post
i know that hacking the system will be ridicilously hard unless there's a major flaw[which i highly doubt]

D

Deleted_171835

RNorthex said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RNorthex said:
agreed with that
i hope it'll be pirated
Keep dreaming.

i know that hacking the system will be ridicilously hard unless there's a major flaw[which i highly doubt]
I don't think you get it.
You said you hope the 3DS will be pirated. As in the entire handheld being pirated.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I almost don't have a preference if it does get hacked or not.

Too hell with the developers, the only reason why I would not want it to be hacked is so I would actually play games through instead of having tons and tons of games that I only play the first level on.

On the other hand, I want it to get hacked for homebrew, the ability to carry more than one game on a cartridge, and of course that it's cheaper.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I almost don't have a preference if it does get hacked or not.

Too hell with the developers, the only reason why I would not want it to be hacked is so I would actually play games through instead of having tons and tons of games that I only play the first level on.

On the other hand, I want it to get hacked for homebrew, the ability to carry more than one game on a cartridge, and of course that it's cheaper.

"to hell with the developers" their the ones who slave over their products so that we can have entertainment, granted alot of shovelware already exists for the ds but don't crucify the good developers too!

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
RNorthex said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RNorthex said:
agreed with that
i hope it'll be pirated
Keep dreaming.

I don't think you get it.
You said you hope the 3DS will be pirated. As in the entire handheld being pirated.

well, now i don't get it actually...
atm, we're only talking about the backup-playing ability i assume?
same with the topic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_