Hacking Does anyone here NOT want the 3DS to be hacked?

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
No to hacking the 3DS for me.

But hell I hate those carts XD Anywhere I go I got 5-6 cart with me. Hassle XD

Hoping the make something like an official 50-in-1 thing cart. Lol
biggrin.gif

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it takes a while, if only so people actually buy products. I figure now's a time as any to start buying all the games I want to play. Minus the imports, which you have to pirate to get working on the system anyway, due to region locking.

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS should be hacked.

Anyone who doesn't want it hacked because they want to buy their games is in denial.

One it's cheaper. You can spend your money on other systems.

Two, homebrew.

Three, it's easier to carry around all your games.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DarkMario616 said:
3DS should be hacked.

Anyone who doesn't want it hacked because they want to buy their games is in denial.

One it's cheaper. You can spend your money on other systems.

Two, homebrew.

Three, it's easier to carry around all your games.
Oh boy homebrew makes me want it hacked so much.
Just think of all the possibilities with a 3D device with a Touch Screen
ohmy.gif

It would be epic.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS will be region locked

"There is the possibility that Nintendo 3DS software sold in one region will not function properly when running on Nintendo 3DS hardware sold in another," a company statement reads

I hope atleast for jailbreaking and making region free.

The downside is that the 3DS will auto update and can connect to wireless when its off to check for updates.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want homebrew and import games on my 3ds. So I hope it gets hacked ASAP.
However, nintendo seems to be taking some good measures with the automatic updates and stuff.

What will HOPEFULLY happen is that hacking/piracy is too complicated or too much of a hassle for the general population, but for those who are dedicated, it can be done.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dgwillia said:
Ramonra said:
I didn't want the 3DS to be hacked.

That, until the region lock shit was confirmed. So, if it is actually hacked (what will happen eventually), I'll still buy my games, and pirate the ones I can't play without doing so.

Still, I'll buy 90% of the games I'll play because I support the 3DS, not the flashcard makers.

Would it even be possible to force Multi-Region play if its locked? (Not sure if it has happened for any older consoles or whatever)
it could be posible i think , i.e look at the ps 2 witch was regioen locked but with a swap magic disc you could play games from other regions,but i am not sure if this is comparable

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Some games are easy to import and pick up/play though. Like Jump Super Stars/Jump Ultimate Stars. (I'v also imported some of the Bleach DS/PSP fighters, a few Naruto games and a Hitman Reborn game).

If they make a Jump Stars game for the 3DS or Super Smash Bros and we DON'T get to play it stateside, we're gonna have some problems... Maybe I'll just Import a 3DS? ;D

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I want the region lock broken within a month.....so that counts as yes i want it hacked. As a European i've missed so many games released in Japan and the US but not here i'd want the chance to actually import them. Strikes me that everyone saying that they don't want it hacked doesn't really think of the actual problems the region lockout's will cause for us all.

As for a means to play ROM's....it'd be nice to have the DS catalogue available but i'm not particularly fussed about a 3DS specific hack. Fingers crossed that one of the flashcarts we have might be compatible....

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In a weird way I do and dont. If it becomes unhackable I can buy my games and put the time they deserve into them. However if it is hacked the games are free and I get more games. Ill be happy either way really.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
The Eternal Law of Technology Copyright Circumvention Prevention is this.

It will always be bypassed one way or another.

Which Implies the 3DS will be hacked one way or another.

As for whether I want it hacked or not, well, I'm a pirate, so YEAH I WANT IT HACKED BRO!!!
biggrin.gif

But I'm buying the games until a decent flashcart comes out. I might even decide to not pirate it cause of the filesize. This is one of the main reasons I buy all my Wii games, the filesize.

ZeroTm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The 3DS shouldn't get hacked. But we all know that some scumbags will try their hardest just to save some bucks. The game industry should be supported, not killed.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To this very day I still wish it to never get hacked and even one hack I hope gets fixed quickly.
ZeroTm said:
The 3DS shouldn't get hacked. But we all know that some scumbags will try their hardest just to save some bucks. The game industry should be supported, not killed.
The Catboy agrees with this statement

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
To this very day I still wish it to never get hacked and even one hack I hope gets fixed quickly.
ZeroTm said:
Are you talking about the ds mode only 3DS hack?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KingVamp said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
ZeroTm said:
Are you talking about the ds mode only 3DS hack?
I am talking 3DS hacks in general. Maybe a DS mode hack, but the reason I don't want to see that so soon is because we know people can't just stop at that.
I want the 3DS to have great games with a great future and I want to see the market succeed, pirating every game isn't going to help anyone.

C

croagunk.master

Well, the DS mode has already been hacked but I didn't want it to be hacked. It's just going to lead to shovelware and more shovelware and even more shovelware. Many small developers will leave the 3DS because they'll be scared that their game will ultimately be pirated. It's really horrible. I hope that the 3DS mode remains un-hacked for ever or at least for a really long time so that we see some great games. Look at how many exclusives the PS3 got. It's only because it wasn't compromised for about 4 years. Nintendo should have focused more on AP measures. The 3DS is going to die if 3DS mode gets hacked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: