Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my first 3ds last week ( new 3ds) so im still really fond of the 3d feature. but i do notice that with 3d turned on, sometimes colors are not as vibrant, theres a little bit of a screen door effect sometimes, and a slight flickering a tiny bit more than when it is off. So over all image quality IMO is better with it off, but 3d is so awesome I still use it. But i can i see myself just using 2D in the long run once the novelty wears off
what do you guys prefer?

D

Deleted User

next to never on my o3ds.. because it's too tedious to have to sit still almost at all times. but on my n3ds it's about 50/50 between having 3d off/on.. because the super-stable 3d fixes that issue.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I use an o3DS and I get a headache from the 3D feature. Some games do need the 3D feature to play - I'm looking at you, Kirby Robobot Smash.

I also use an n3DS and the 3D is much better, but I still don't use the damn thing because it honestly gives me a headache.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like to use the 3D but mor eon cutscene or games that we don't tilt much the console xD its on o3DS... if I had a new I think i would use at least playing indoors

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maaaaan, on launch day for the original 3DS, I played Nintendogs with 3D on for five hours straight. I had such a headache afterwards, but I was so impressed. Was like looking through a window. Nowadays, I turn it on for cutscenes and the like, since they can actually look quite good.

Reactions: Zan'

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
since i do not use it that much i selected No in the poll.

i use it like.. very very seldom.

Note: the n3ds has very good 3d, better than the og.
but i still do not use it, when i do , i turn it on for a few minutes then i switch it off again.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait we have a 3S Feature? Whaaaaaat? I dont even use 3d glasses with it Whaaaaaat?

Okay... on my o3DS I always had 3D off because it gave me a headache (literally the worst 3D ever... not working good. Hard on the eyes etc.)
On my N3DS it really depends. I can't have it on for too long because after a while it feels flickery. But it adapts a lot better, seems smoother and works nicer in general than before.
But with 3D on i feel like it stutters a little more than without (might just be me) and if you are not playing focussed (as in playing while watching a movie/series or something) the 3D on N3DS feels a little "jumpy" so I turn it off. (I am not focussing that much on it anyway)
Also I feel like most games don't really make good use out of the 3D effect so it rarely enhances the gameplay at all.
So I'd rather play smoother without it becoming heavy for my eyes than playing a tiny bit enhanced with stutters and a headache.
Just turn it on sometimes. For cutscenes and similar.

Also. Smash is literally unplayable competetively with 3D on.

Last edited by Zan',

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far for me it depends on game. im only playing a few games right now. i LOVE it on super mario land 3d. but on mario kart 7 and super smash bros its really distracting

D

Deleted User

I last turned it on for the last two fights in Fire Emblem: if - Conquest. The last time before that was when I first started playing Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, which was a long time ago.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to request "Sometimes" and/or "Infrequently" be added to the poll. For myself, regardless of the game, I'll occasionally turn it on if I feel like it, but about 90% of the time it stays off because my eyes eventually adjust out of the 3D and I get double images. Also get a lot of double image ghosting on games with dark environments that have bright objects in them.

Reactions: Deleted User

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find having it on for any length of time makes my eyes play up badly when i finish or look away. It takes me a couple of minutes before i can focus properly again.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...