Gaming PS1/2 Do the Timesplitters games (PS2) support split-screen in LAN games?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a question that I surprisingly can't find the answer to when I search it up. Obviously, Timesplitters 1 doesn't have netplay at all, but 2 and Future Perfect do (except on Gamecube... pah!). I know that there are no AI in netgames, but no word at all on split-screen.

So I wanna ask here before I go delving deep into TS community sites and all that - does anyone know if you can play split-screen in a LAN/online game? I have two PS2s lying around plus a multitap and eight controllers (yes, that makes six) so it has me curious.

OfflineBots

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes you can do 4 player PER CONSOLE

PS2 - Timesplitters: 4 player split-screen (NO LAN)

PS2 - Timesplitters 2: 4 player split-screen over i-link (firewire) or LAN

Xbox - Timesplitters 2: 4 player split-screen system link

PS2/Xbox - Timesplitters Future Perfect: 4 player split-screen LAN/System link

The Gamecube versions do not support LaN play.

Worth noting TS2 and TSFP are backwards compatible on Xbox One/Series consoles now too.

N7Kopper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Worth noting TS2 and TSFP are emulatable on Xbox One/Series consoles now too.
Hah, if the PS2 emulator on Xbox One supported networking, I'd use that. One PS2 with multitap, one PS2 without, one Xbox One. The only non-broken 360 controller I still have is a third-party thing.

Nice, I have my answer. From a guy who made an account just to do it too. Thanks!

OfflineBots

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hah, if the PS2 emulator on Xbox One supported networking, I'd use that. One PS2 with multitap, one PS2 without, one Xbox One. The only non-broken 360 controller I still have is a third-party thing.

Nice, I have my answer. From a guy who made an account just to do it too. Thanks!
It's backwards compatible not emulatable.

You can play the legit xbox versions without modding and play backwards compatible on TS2 and TSFP with no modding with full LAN Support.

I cover a lot of bot games on offlinebots official site and my YT channel.

N7Kopper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's backwards compatible not emulatable.
That's actually not true. It's branded as backwards compatible, but the game is emulated. Both the 360 and One/Series emulate their "backwards compatible" games. Being official doesn't change that. Even DECKARD model PS2s do some emulation for PS1 games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols