Hacking DIY amiibo cards

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's likely not anything fancy. I don't think RFID tags have any code hopping or encryption worth note. It could be as simple as read the amiibo tag with standard RFID reader, duplicate. Or perhaps a deciphering of ID and serial number and increment the serial (if such a thing occurs)

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
It's likely not anything fancy. I don't think RFID tags have any code hopping or encryption worth note. It could be as simple as read the amiibo tag with standard RFID reader, duplicate. Or perhaps a deciphering of ID and serial number and increment the serial (if such a thing occurs)
They do have encryption actually... but... someone bypassed it... https://github.com/codlab/amiibo

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is a thread here with all the info, they were pretty well dissected and explained. You could also look here or some other electronics hobby sites and find all your RFID needs...
DUDE, this is gbatemp, you think anyone is going to click a link and then READ. Not to mention connecting the dots and exercising some problem solving skills. You clearly have great faith in humanity!

:D

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: OctopusRift

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
A quick look through the repo I didn't seen any decryption. I didn't do an exhaustive search. Can you point it out if you saw it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

^^^^^^ :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
Read the readme lell.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the readme lell.
do you mean "authentication" mentioned in the readme. I believe that is just the password derived from the UUID to enable writes to the NFC tag, damn near a plain text password.

Anyway it looks like people have "been there done that" so the thread topic isn't all that interesting after all :)

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
do you mean "authentication" mentioned in the readme. I believe that is just the password derived from the UUID to enable writes to the NFC tag, damn near a plain text password.

Anyway it looks like people have "been there done that" so the thread topic isn't all that interesting after all :)
Ugh, a guide would be nice. @_Tim_

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks _Tim_, that is pretty much what I figured. Do you actually have the amiibo encryption key, or did you get an API key from socram8888? The encryption is really the only step here that is interesting, the rest is fairly straight forward.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But is not possible use only the, for example, smartphone with NFC for write and load amiibos' backups? Instead of buy any NFC...

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
- compatible software to write an amiibo dump to a blank NTAG215 tag (I could not find any so wrote my own)

@_Tim_ sharing is caring

also use hex editor to change UID in amiibo dump to UID of blank NTAG215 tag

Do all the Blank tags have the Same UID? was thinking cause they a batch,

im guessing you also got amiibo dumps from *that site*

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by izy,

Doumekxkai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
An Ntag 216 could be used insted of Ntag 215?
The tag 216 has more memory so the amiibo dump should fit without problems, and it's more cheap than the 215.
The extra bytes could be leaved as blank. I don't know if the console will say "corrupted data" or something if theres more data than expected. There are only asumptions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-