but yeah i meant to write to the NFC tags if that

Last edited by izy,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no. sorry. my mistake. That's a decryption tool.

Basically we just compile socrams git with the encryption key,
everything else is simple but tedious, especially if you wanted a collection of printed amiibos like they were trading cards lol considering you would have to find the UID for each tag and write it to each amiibo dump individually.

On the upside if you made a tool that batch replacing the UID in dumps with the UID of 1NFC215 Tag you could essentially make a homemade Amiiqo for a fraction of the price.

Im assuming Amiiqo are literally doing the same as what Tims did but with fancy black casing and an app, essentially their profit then is crazy considering costs

Last edited by izy,

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Basically we just compile socrams git with the encryption key,
everything else is simple but tedious, especially if you wanted a collection of printed amiibos like they were trading cards lol considering you would have to find the UID for each tag and write it to each amiibo dump individually.

On the upside if you made a tool that batch replacing the UID in dumps with the UID of 1NFC215 Tag you could essentially make a homemade Amiiqo for a fraction of the price.

Im assuming Amiiqo are literally doing the same as what Tims did but with fancy black casing and an app, essentially their profit then is crazy considering costs
kinda.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a pack of NG215 costs about $40 USD and the amiiqo costs about $50. So would a DIY method be better or worse than the amiiqo?

This is an interesting method never the less.

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Reactions: MattKimura

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hmm seems the Case you get tags where you can Cone the UID onto they are more expensive.

Conclusion is that Every single Amiiqo is using the same UID there software probably mass patches the amiibo dumps with that Set ID, then it just writes to the Amiiqo.

What this also means if that is true 90% of the work is done for us lol heres how.

Get an Amiiqo Dump from official device.
Dump the UID
Get an NFC215 Tag that you can write the UID too.
Rewrite the UID to the Amiiqos

Congratulations you made an Amiiqo clone you now can just use their app GG WP

The other option is just to reverse engineer the app to use your specific UID of the tag you own

So a pack of NG215 costs about $40 USD and the amiiqo costs about $50. So would a DIY method be better or worse than the amiiqo?

This is an interesting method never the less.

well amiiqo is just a tag in a case, this method is exactly the same, except you get 100 tags so if you wanted a small quickswap collection you can or you just make your own homade amiiqo with one

Last edited by izy,

Tesa

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
--- this one?

Ah, I see that you found the keys too, congrats :)

All he did was just check Tims post history, nothing fancy since he already posted it before.

Care to share the tag writer @_Tim_ you said you used a custom one made also what reader/writer you using or does your program work with any generic

Even if he shares it, it will most likely be useless for the majority of people since he probably made his own physical reader/writer.

Hmm seems the Case you get tags where you can Cone the UID onto they are more expensive.

Conclusion is that Every single Amiiqo is using the same UID there software probably mass patches the amiibo dumps with that Set ID, then it just writes to the Amiiqo.

What this also means if that is true 90% of the work is done for us lol heres how.

Get an Amiiqo Dump from official device.
Dump the UID
Get an NFC215 Tag that you can write the UID too.
Rewrite the UID to the Amiiqos

Congratulations you made an Amiiqo clone you now can just use their app GG WP

well amiiqo is just a tag in a case, this method is exactly the same, except you get 100 tags so if you wanted a small quickswap collection you can or you just make your own homade amiiqo with one

No.
The app and amiiqo probably communitate differently and you don't "just" write the one amiibo on it. But Tim already specified that you can't "just" use their app.

In addition the amiiqo can save up to 200 (? not sure about the number) different amiibos on it.

Reactions: KiiWii

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
@squee666 ahh so you can overwrite the amiibo on the tag as much times as you want? In that case, the $1 tag beats paying for a $50 amiiqo!
if you get a RRW

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All he did was just check Tims post history, nothing fancy since he already posted it before.

Even if he shares it, it will most likely be useless for the majority of people since he probably made his own physical reader/writer.

No.
The app and amiiqo probably communitate differently and you don't "just" write the one amiibo on it. But Tim already specified that you can't "just" use their app.

In addition the amiiqo can save up to 200 (? not sure about the number) different amiibos on it.
EX-FUCKING-SCUZE ME??? did you find it?? no. I did. Sassy bastard. :P

Tesa

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@squee666 ahh so you can overwrite the amiibo on the tag as much times as you want? In that case, the $1 tag beats paying for a $50 amiiqo!

Tim already stated here that it's not possible anymore:
once you turn a blank NTAG215 tag into an amiibo, the character (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, etc.) cannot be changed anymore due to certain pages being permanently write-locked.

Last edited by Tesa,

Tesa

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Amiiqo it is then, end of thread. It was a great concept I give it that. Unless there's still hope for these tags and someone just has to discover a way.

I highly recommend following _Tim_ if you think about buying one of those.
I found 4 different ways to detect that an Amiiqo is not actually a genuine amiibo. Whoever designed the software part of the Amiiqo only implemented the bare minimum to get it to work. Correct password? Nope. Correct ECC signature? Nope. Nintendo could easily block Amiiqo in the next system update. If the company behind Amiiqo cannot fix these differences with a firmware update then we are left with a useless device. Are there other ways to emulate an amiibo apart from Amiiqo and this?
He also explained some of flaws in a different post.

Last edited by Tesa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1