Homebrew [Discussion] Mount/Dump Cardridges via Powersaves Dongle

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I don't know the exact hardware of the dongle, so I dunno if it actually can access the rom or just the saves.
But it would be really convenient to be able to just mount cardridges on the fly to access the ROM via Emulators (Citra, DesMuMe, melonDS) any opinions?

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Older versions can actually access the ROM but it's still unknown how the protocol encryption works. Datel worked around this by using a replay attack + xorpads.

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Older versions can actually access the ROM but it's still unknown how the protocol encryption works. Datel worked around this by using a replay attack + xorpads.
I mean, if the dongle can read the rom, there should be a way to be able to mount the raw data to a drive

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean, if the dongle can read the rom, there should be a way to be able to mount the raw data to a drive
i think the problem is the gamecart itself as you cannot write on it
You could read (like RomFS explorer on the 3ds) but not write

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think the problem is the gamecart itself as you cannot write on it
You could read (like RomFS explorer on the 3ds) but not write
Ya, just mount the raw data as read only, Citra/Desmume can load encrypted roms, I mean It shouldn't be that hard to write a driver for the device that just mounts all raw data it reads to a disk drive, like HacDiskMount does w/ the switch emmc.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is the protocol encryption as said. The powersaves handles nothing. You send commands to the gamecart purely in software which means you have to deal with this. Using xorpads is infeasible here since you would need xorpads as big as the ROM itself to be able to decrypt the data fully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...