Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Please let me know if I'm crazy, or if anyone shares this memory with me. So, I swear to God there existed a 3DS Virtual Console SNES version of the original Street Fighter II: The World Warrior on the e-shop at one point. I distinctly remember seeing the game on there numerous times, and the top screen splash page was the SNES box art:
quadro-street-fighter-2-game-street.jpg

I distinctly remember wondering why they had even bothered putting this version on there, since both Super & Turbo were there right next to it, for the exact same price. Why go with the most barebones version, when the other two have expanded rosters and extra, distinct features?

Well, fast-forward a hundred years, and I'm kind of arranging my 3DS homescreen cia's into something of a 90's time capsule. Have the original, barebones-as-it-gets Genesis version of Mortal Kombat on there (obviously, a custom, non-official cia). And obviously, if you were around when these games were contemporary, you'd know that obviously its schoolyard rival SFII belongs sitting right beside it, in a VS stance.

Now, I already had Turbo sitting next to it. But it just didn't seem right looking at Turbo's version of the title screen next to original MK 1...
And since I already have the rom of Turbo & Super dumped in my SNES emulator -- and since Midway opted to just do proper sequels instead of constant updates to their same game -- I finally had a reason to want the original SFII as opposed to the superior versions.

And now, I don't even gotta shell out $25 bucks, or whatever their ridiculous asking prices for VC games were, or take the time to custom make the cia myself. I'll just hit up h-shop, and ----> :huh: ----> :mellow: not there. Huh. I thought the h-shop was complete, but maybe they had the same sentiment I originally did, and didn't bother with it? But I dunno.

I'm sure there's a dump of this cia somewhere... but doesn't appear to be the case. I've googled around, and found at least one website that says there was a 3DS VC version of it, but nothing really definitive. And it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the net?

Am I crazy? This did exist... right?

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't recall a SNES version for this one. Only a genesis one, and I'm in Europe so could be different I'm the USA or Australia.

EDIT: after some digging I found that this particular game was on the Wii and Wii u virtual console never on the 3DS.

Reactions: Thee_Stranger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto