Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've tried it in unofficial and release. What do you mean by donor rom?
A donor rom is a fully working rom (like Mario kart) that "donor" arm9 code execution to your unsupported rom (iirc but the concept is similar)
Example: if your rom doesn't work and you set mario kart ds as donor, your rom will work

Blaithnaid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A donor rom is a fully working rom (like Mario kart) that "donor" arm9 code execution to your unsupported rom (iirc but the concept is similar)
Example: if your rom doesn't work and you set mario kart ds as donor, your rom will work
So I download a Mariokart DS ROM and set it as a donor rom for Megaman ZX in TWLoader?

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
So I download a Mariokart DS ROM and set it as a donor rom for Megaman ZX in TWLoader?
I can't tell you to download, just use your backup :P;)

When you got it, press SELECT or START (don't remember which button was rn) and press "Set as donor rom" (or something similar in your language) and later, just run megaman :)

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What is the best configuration for the games? Or does it depend on what game you're playing?

Ivan2704

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
In TWLoader, move the cursor to the Mario Kart DS ROM, press SELECT, then touch "Set as donor ROM".
Oh ok thanks ill try it now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No.
In TWLoader, move the cursor to the Mario Kart DS ROM, press SELECT, then touch "Set as donor ROM".
I did that and it still wont work
Edit: oK I GOT IT TO WORK THANKS SO MUCH :D

Last edited by Ivan2704,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader v4.2.0

Sorry for the long wait, but here it is!

What's new?
  • In Wood theme, SD icon is transparent if no ROMS on the SD card are found, and flashcard icon is transparent if no inis on the SD card are found.
  • Flashcard users, you can now go into "Add Games" in the R4 and Wood themes!
Improvements
  • GUI is now compiled with devkitARM r46!
  • To avoid crashing by sftdlib's draw function, sftdlib has been replaced with citro3D for drawing text in the system font! As a result, the CIA/3DSX is smaller.
  • Frame rate of DS boot screen is now smoother. (Nintendo logo is removed as a result. Will add it back in the future.)
Bug fixes
  • R4 and Wood themes: If no ROMs and INIs are found, you are unable to go into the game select menu.
  • Exiting the settings screen with DSi Menu and Wood themes no longer crashes TWLoader.
  • Official bootstrap now works again!
  • Slot-1 loading works again.
Known bugs
  • Left number is not shown in "Downloading box art" message.
  • Some text are off-center.
  • Outside of the English language, some of the text may be shown out of bounds.
  • DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Dual-Core/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE loading no longer works.
Also, updated screenshots are in the first post.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By any chance, How do I set up a sub-theme in TWLoader? (I'd like to run an R4 Menu without actually owning an R4 :P)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TWLoader v4.2.0

What's new?
  • In Wood theme, SD icon is transparent if no ROMS on the SD card are found, and flashcard icon is transparent if no inis on the SD card are found.
Improvements
  • To avoid crashing by sftdlib's draw function, sftdlib has been replaced with citro3D for drawing text in the system font! As a result, the CIA/3DSX is smaller.
  • Frame rate of DS boot screen is now smoother. (Nintendo logo is removed as a result. Will add it back in the future.)
Bug fixes
  • R4 and Wood themes: If no ROMs and INIs are found, you are unable to go into the game select menu.
  • Exiting the settings screen with DSi Menu and Wood themes no longer crashes TWLoader.
Known bugs
  • DSTT loading is not fixed.
I noticed that DSTT loading is listed as a known bug here, so does that mean, as a DSTT owner, I should stay on TWLoader v4.1.0?

Also, some more, hopefully helpful info. I am a DSTT owner, and I have found a workaround for it not working (in v4.1.0). If it freezes at the white screen, I enable debug console output, and it works again. As debug console output bugs me, I turn it off after, and it will keep working until some point where I have to enable debug console output shortly for it to work again.

@Robz8 - are you, perhaps, also on some dev IRC channel, or would you want to join? Like freenode #Cakey.

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader v4.2.0

What's new?
Improvements
Bug fixes
Known bugs

I'm having the auto-update and shut down on boot problem in this new version.I'll have to turn off auto updating again.

Roxxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi!
I am using the flashcard "R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS" and put the files for R4i-SDHC RTS from the DS Game forwarder pack on the flashcard and the 3DS files on the 3DS SD. I installed TWLoader GUI and the TWL part via QR code from github. I switched the game source to Flashcard. Then I click "add games", but I only get the health logo and then white screen.
I also tried the option for "reset the flashcard(if you have a white screen)", which didn't help.
Loading the Flashcard(from 3DS menu) and playing games works, but I would prefer TWLoader.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I am using the flashcard "R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS" and put the files for R4i-SDHC RTS from the DS Game forwarder pack on the flashcard and the 3DS files on the 3DS SD. I installed TWLoader GUI and the TWL part via QR code from github. I switched the game source to Flashcard. Then I click "add games", but I only get the health logo and then white screen.
I also tried the option for "reset the flashcard(if you have a white screen)", which didn't help.
Loading the Flashcard(from 3DS menu) and playing games works, but I would prefer TWLoader.
Known bug.
Should've also put R4i-SDHC as well.

Reactions: Roxxor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol