Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
TWL Slot-1 Launcher does that and it can also launch any flash cartridge, even on New 3DS, which is quite useful. You could try adding something like that :)

That won't be very useful for many flashcarts. Older flash carts use incompatible arm7 code/ram entry addresses. You'll have to boot them with NTR Launcher instead which TWLoader already uses. It would be better to simply improve NTR Launcher. Unless you can RE TWL_FIRM and find out how it blocks the ram/code space those old cards try to use. Then by all means patch it out and submit it as a push request to Luma. :P

MannCo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried clearing the folders and creating the missing ones, and I'm still getting the crashing error :(
Also, tried running a forwarder game from the Homemenu, and now I'm stuck in a white screen after the DSi boot screen. I didn't have this problem with the latest version although I wasn't be able to use the "Add Game" feature (and I updated the app and the files for the R4i SDHC RTS flashcard several times).

Not sure what I'm doing wrong :blush:

FrostyDialga

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
That won't be very useful for many flashcarts. Older flash carts use incompatible arm7 code/ram entry addresses. You'll have to boot them with NTR Launcher instead which TWLoader already uses. It would be better to simply improve NTR Launcher. Unless you can RE TWL_FIRM and find out how it blocks the ram/code space those old cards try to use. Then by all means patch it out and submit it as a push request to Luma. :P
I want nitro hax support for pokemon black and white though can it be fixed for dsi games.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, tried running a forwarder game from the Homemenu, and now I'm stuck in a white screen after the DSi boot screen. I didn't have this problem with the latest version although I wasn't be able to use the "Add Game" feature (and I updated the app and the files for the R4i SDHC RTS flashcard several times).

Not sure what I'm doing wrong :blush:
The forwarder templates haven't been updated in a while.

Reactions: MannCo

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to add support for launching DSi-enhanced Slot-1 cartridges directly, since NTR_Launcher (which is used by TWLoader) doesn't support loading the DSi-specific binaries. Here's what I've found so far.
  • We're currently using APT_PrepareToDoApplicationJump(0, 0x0x0004800554574C44ULL, MEDIATYPE_NAND); to start the TWL-side CIA of TWLoader. This works fine.
  • Simply changing it to APT_PrepareToDoApplicationJump(0, 0, MEDIATYPE_GAME_CARD); works for 3DS cards, but reboots to the Home Menu for NTR/TWL.
  • During testing, I accidentally swapped the media type parameter (#3) and the flags parameter (#1). This resulted in the screens shutting off. While holding the power button to shut off, right before it shut off, I saw a flicker of an ARM11 exception from Luma. Turning the system back on, I was greeted with another ARM11 exception before the Luma splash screen loaded. (That's bad.) Leaving the system off for 30-60 seconds and then turning it back on resulted in it booting normally, so I'm guessing my accidental parameter swap was still kept in memory for a while, which was confusing NATIVE_FIRM.
FBI also seems to have the same issue launching NTR/TWL cards (it reboots to Home Menu). DevMenu 11.4 doesn't even try; it says it cannot launch TWL cards.

I'm thinking I might need to get the banner SHA1 HMAC from the DSi header and use NSS:SetTWLBannerHMAC before trying to start the game card. If I can get this working, then the next step is to implement support for animated DSi icons because why not.
[/list]

I believe the reason you can't launch NTR cards directly is that you need a hmac hash key from Home Menu (don't think it's the same one used for logo.bin hash though). I forget the details. :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly the same, is from the zip pack on github. There is already a ROMS/NDS folder with a Mega man ZX rom in there.

ES File Explorer_20170122_021952.png

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly the same, is from the zip pack on github. There is already a ROMS/NDS folder with a Mega man ZX rom in there.

View attachment 75874
Try deleting the ROM_FOLDER and FCROM_FOLDER lines.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm beginning to think it's not the folders. It must be something int he application itself, or the TWLNAND side cia.
The TWLNAND side CIA can't be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol