Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried Wii Backup Manager? I never used it for ripping GC disks but I did so with Wii and pretty much any DVD drive seems to rip disks from it, sadly I don't have my AR disc anymore but I'll try looking up an already ripped AR disc since several people besides me seem to be interesting into trying this!

The gcncrypt and ar to wiird method is smoother than this, for sure.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
not DM related... but crediar related.... and WIIU related....
Wow, looks like xNEEK+DI will be the FIRST backup loader for Wii U WiiMode.

I know I'm dreaming here but it would be nice if xNEEK DM(L) could be adjusted to work in there, too. Even just adding a MIOS and leaving it running 1.5x the speed if they can't drop the clock speed any further would be cool but if there's a full GC mode still burried in the WiiU's proc, that would be cool, too.

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, can someone give me a quick run through of how to put a 2 disc game on my hard drive? I have two iso files (disk 1 and disk 2) and I have the latest version DIOS MIOS toolbox. I already have a games folder full of single disc Gamecube games on my external hard drive, I just don't know how to add 2 disc games to this folder.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I wonder, is there some kind of compatibility list for DM when launching retail discs? I think I found some issues with some games.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, can someone give me a quick run through of how to put a 2 disc game on my hard drive? I have two iso files (disk 1 and disk 2) and I have the latest version DIOS MIOS toolbox. I already have a games folder full of single disc Gamecube games on my external hard drive, I just don't know how to add 2 disc games to this folder.

You set it up the same way you set 1 disk games up, only you name the second disc "disc2.iso" and put them in the same folder.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A big thank you for all that have been working on this, and keep on doing it! I am now able to play the backlog of my old GC-games that have been laying around in my closet. Have a couple of questions:

1. What´s with the blinking blue light in the cd-tray? Is it supposed to blink as much as it does when I am playing my games?

2. Is it realistic to see a solution for the audio streaming in the future, or is this something we´ll have to live with?

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A big thank you for all that have been working on this, and keep on doing it! I am now able to play the backlog of my old GC-games that have been laying around in my closet. Have a couple of questions:

1. What´s with the blinking blue light in the cd-tray? Is it supposed to blink as much as it does when I am playing my games?

2. Is it realistic to see a solution for the audio streaming in the future, or is this something we´ll have to live with?

To answer #2, Crediar is working with the Wii U at this time. IMO, once the "newness" of hacking the Wii U wears off, we'll probably see updates to DM, hopefully with audio streaming.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country

For #1, that should be the disc access light. In USBLGX you can turn that light feature off IIRC.

Reactions: Etheboss

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, good answers here as always! Wiiflow is, and has always been my choice of loader, so I guess I´ll look for the option to turn the blinking light off. Is it in the ordinary options menu?

Otherwise, DM is running great for me and works perfectly on my FAT32 partition formatted with 32kb clusters. I really hope that even though the progress is halted right now, it will continue in the future.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to be so pessimistic but I doubt we'll see any updates for DM in the near future if ever, on a side note about the blinking light in the cd tray, what's the difference if I turn it on or off? I always keep it on though but if it wears off the laser (which I doubt) then I'll turn it off!

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be so pessimistic but I doubt we'll see any updates for DM in the near future if ever, on a side note about the blinking light in the cd tray, what's the difference if I turn it on or off? I always keep it on though but if it wears off the laser (which I doubt) then I'll turn it off!

I guess we´ll have to wait and see then. I saw on crediars twitter that he packed away his Wii for the moment, so I guess an update in the coming months does not have too high priority. But the new 2.6 version really revved things up with 2 disc support. So I´m thankful for that.

About the blinking light, it does not wear off the laser at all. The sole reason I want to turn it off, is that the constant blinking annoys me, nothing else =).

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@siliconmessiah I agree the latest update fixed 2 of my main issues, sleep mode and 2 disc support, right now I'm not really bothered by the lack of audio stream, would be nice if it gets fixed but it's not a priority for me but I will have to be selfish to say I really want a fix for Sonic Gems Collection to work without a disk (or else I can use Devolution for this one game)!

Uh I see... In that case I'll keep the blinking light because honestly it doesn't bother me at all and it's actually a nice add when using 2 disc games :)

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me it looks like DIOS MIOS 2.6 suffered a serious regression. On 2.5 I can load GC game no problem.

Now on 2.6 installed and USB GX r1207: 8 out of 10 times I get black screen (no DIOS MIOS splash screen). Looks to me the new HDD code has some bugs.

Same with me, Super Smash Bros. Melee hits the black screen 100% of the time with DM 2.6 with me now. Have a Toshiba 1 TB hard drive. Used to work perfectly with DIOS MIOS 2.2.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I was thinking of looking through the "diff" links on GoogleCode for 2.5 and 2.6 and try to just undo all the changes made in 2.5, recompile and see if it works. It seems likely to me that the progressive patch issue was broken by the addition of the screen shot feature since they both have to deal with what's being displayed on the screen. It's something I, personally, can live without but I'm not everyone.

As usual, I think I REALLY don't know when I'm gonna have the time for this undertaking so anyone who feels like beating me to it, feel free to give it a try.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To me it looks like DIOS MIOS 2.6 suffered a serious regression. On 2.5 I can load GC game no problem.

Now on 2.6 installed and USB GX r1207: 8 out of 10 times I get black screen (no DIOS MIOS splash screen). Looks to me the new HDD code has some bugs.
Same with me, Super Smash Bros. Melee hits the black screen 100% of the time with DM 2.6 with me now. Have a Toshiba 1 TB hard drive. Used to work perfectly with DIOS MIOS 2.2.
Do you guys both use DiosMios with USBloaderGX, did you guys tried 2.6 with other loaders too?

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys both use DiosMios with USBloaderGX, did you guys tried 2.6 with other loaders too?

I'm using the very latest revision of USB Loader GX r1207 mod1. I used to use r1204... maybe I'll downgrade USB Loader GX and see if that was the problem.

No other games so far are giving me problems, just super smash bros melee. Unfortunately that is the game I play most using DIOS MIOS. I'll downgrade USB Loader GX to r1205 and let you know if it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system