Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking of looking through the "diff" links on GoogleCode for 2.5 and 2.6 and try to just undo all the changes made in 2.5, recompile and see if it works. It seems likely to me that the progressive patch issue was broken by the addition of the screen shot feature since they both have to deal with what's being displayed on the screen. It's something I, personally, can live without but I'm not everyone.

As usual, I think I REALLY don't know when I'm gonna have the time for this undertaking so anyone who feels like beating me to it, feel free to give it a try.

I like the screenshot option but I can live without it, then again I can live without progressive patch as well!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the very latest revision of USB Loader GX r1207 mod1. I used to use r1204... maybe I'll downgrade USB Loader GX and see if that was the problem.

No other games so far are giving me problems, just super smash bros melee. Unfortunately that is the game I play most using DIOS MIOS. I'll downgrade USB Loader GX to r1205 and let you know if it works.
I'm pretty sure he meant to try using DML Booter, if the game runs in DML Booter the problem isn't DM(L) but the settings in the loader itself, the games run fine for me but I hardly changed the settings anyway for any of the games besides the necessary, although I don't think I tried PAL or NTSC-J games with the official 2.6 just yet!

Reactions: Etheboss

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
a user reported that having both Progressive Patch + Pad Hook made the games black screen.
I'm using GX revision 1207 (it happens in r1204 too) and Dios Mios 2.6: basically, if Pad Hook and Progressive Video Mode options are activated at the same time, I get a black screen after Dios Mios logo is shown, and no game is loaded. If Pad Hook option is disabled, the games are loaded fine at 480p.
Do you think is a GX related or Dios Mios related bug?

it happens since I installed Dios Mios 2.5
I didn't have time to test yet.
Like he said, if it started on 2.5, maybe it's like Maxternal think (related to screenshot feature).
But why it would affect it when the screenshot patch is disabled?

If a user can test in DM Booter with both these option enabled too, that will tell if it's GX related or not.
thank you

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely that is because of Dios Mios itself. I tried with DM Booter r30, both Progressive and Pad Hook options enabled, and I got a not very nice green screen followed by a black screen after Dios Mios logo (same happens with USB Loader GX). So, yeah, the bug has to be related to the new button mapping added for Batman or to the screenshot option as Maxternal comments above.

Apart from that, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and MGS Twin Snakes (both PAL) are not working if the Progressive patch is enabled, even if the Pad Hook option is disabled.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Can´t find the option in wiiflow to turn the blinking disc tray off. Can you help me find it?
They finally added it in one of the latest versions. It's not in the main settings, though. I think it's somewhere in the wiiflow.ini file under the [DML] section.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to confirm, the progressive patch is to force progressive on games that don't natively support it, right? Or...?
That would be its logical use but you can use it on any game, whether it supports 480p or not. For those that do, it is not recommended to force it and not all games are guaranteed to work correctly with the patch.

However, I can confirm Shiranui's report. I just tried Hitman 2 and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, both of which worked fine with DM 2.3 (and maybe 2.4) with padhook and prog enabled but now just go black screen. Disabling either of those two options makes the game work. Also, this problem happens whether the screenshot feature is enabled or not.

Let's hope crediar fixes it.

marcioap1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code: Veronica don't work in 480p anymore as they did in DM 2.3. I upgraded to DM 2.6 and got a black screen after the dios mios logo in these games, so I had to disable the 480p option. Now the games only work in 480i.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code: Veronica don't work in 480p anymore as they did in DM 2.3. I upgraded to DM 2.6 and got a black screen after the dios mios logo in these games, so I had to disable the 480p option. Now the games only work in 480i.
Please try again but disabling the pad hook, for test purposes.

dsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Luigi's Mansion is crashing in the main screen for me, anyone had the same problem? Paper Mario and Zelda WW works fine, using DML 2.6 and DML Loader 30/NeoGamma r9

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Luigi's Mansion is crashing in the main screen for me, anyone had the same problem? Paper Mario and Zelda WW works fine, using DML 2.6 and DML Loader 30/NeoGamma r9
I don't think NeoGamma supports DML 2.0+ so unless I'm mistaken you might have to find another loader!

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
PAL versions of Resident Evil 2 and 3 work in 480p for me , although RE3 freezes randomly when the map is open.
I never had that problem with Luigi's Mansion, it has always worked with every Dios Mios version.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Resident Evil 1 remake (NTSC) also has the same problem with me since 2.4. I could do 480p in 2.3 but not in 2.4-2.6 (all my other games didn't break progressive scan until 2.5) I still have to retry this with without the padhook, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up