DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sk0ld, Jun 23, 2012.

Jun 23, 2012

DIOS MIOS (Lite) by sk0ld at 6:44 PM (725,155 Views / 37 Likes) 4,949 replies

1. migles

Member migles i'm a dude, i just enjoy pretty girls and money...

Korea, North
    i remember the releases a 1-2 years ago when in nintendont had a message saying WHAT STUFF NINTENDONT WILL NEVER support. that list today only has "gamecube player" (which i ask how it would support it since the console has no way to insert a gba game)
    nintendont didnt support audio streaming or real discs or a lot of other stuff...

nowadays it's so complete... i should install the original MIOS, but i also don't know what for..

anyway. what happened to devolution? was it actually perfect like i heard?

2. grossaffe

Member grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I think devolution fell by the way-side after Nintendont got audio-streaming support. The anti-piracy hurdles became not very worth while to deal at that point since Nintendont did pretty much everything you could need without the hurdles.

migles likes this.
  3. SuperrSonic

Member SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    It's pretty good, Melee runs really well, fast load times, fast save times. Nintendont is noticeably slower even with speed limit removed, and devolution doesn't have that awful beep when selecting a character.
    Though probably more annoying is that in nintendont the control stick sometimes moves by itself, it just works as intended in devo.

4. migles

Member migles i'm a dude, i just enjoy pretty girls and money...

Korea, North
    had you tried with native mode ON ? (if using a controller connected to the gamecube ports on the first wiis)

5. SuperrSonic

Member SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    But then you can't exit. Even the official mios lets you reboot to Wii mode, nintendont just shuts off the console.

6. TimX24968B

Member TimX24968B "That guy"

United States
    I know nintendont is better, and I AM USING IT, but IT STILL CRASHES WITH MELEE, thus making it unusable with my current setup. I probably have 2.11, I just want to know if this means any gamecube game that I have will be runnable through the disc channel if it is not dios mios compatible.

7. GreyWolf

Member GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No. DIOS MIOS replaces the original MIOS so if you want the disc channel to function natively again I think you have to reinstall the stock MIOS. As far as I know DM doesn't completely bypass its patches.

Nintendont should not be crashing with SSBM. Check your disc image and see if it's good.

8. TimX24968B

United States
    it works just fine with dios mios, and nintendont is known to have issues with audio looping in melee (as said on their compatibility page), so my guess is this is whats causing the crash. Plus I don't want to have to re-mod all my custom music again into a new image. might just stick with DM for melee and nintendont for everything else, including retail discs.

9. GreyWolf

Member GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It doesn't have audio issues with any games now. Nobody updates the wiki anymore. :) If you're having audio issues with any games with Nintendont you should check the MD5 hash for the ISO and make sure it's valid. Usually streaming audio problems are caused by shrunken/misaligned games, but SSBM doesn't use streaming audio.

Last edited by GreyWolf, Nov 7, 2016
  10. TimX24968B

United States
    ok, I will check when I get a chance. Would using something like cleanrip on a melee disc work instead of just using the one from a site? It worked for my guitar hero 3 iso and other ripping apps had issues.