Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

acedemonden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got time to bi~ch about someone progress on a free patch, I suggest you help out with the community then bi~ch and moan. Ive been waiting a year and just used my time to get through college to maybe give some funding to these wonderful people for their next project.

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got time to bi~ch about someone progress on a free patch, I suggest you help out with the community then bi~ch and moan. Ive been waiting a year and just used my time to get through college to maybe give some funding to these wonderful people for their next project.
I do hope your not refering to me, i am by no means bitching. I am ve3ry much happy with their progress. frankly i only waited half a year, bu i appricate all they are doing and I love them for it.

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just take 5-8 beta tester.

know your limit, man... you'll go nowhere with that ego.

everyone here will happily help and give you feedback. Not just happily waiting.

You could also just walk away. You were fine living your life before this, I'm pretty sure you'll get by all the same without it. Feedback does not help one translate the remaining sections of the game. Why would you test something thoroughly that is incomplete? Is wasting time bundling an incomplete patch worth the investment? Is it somehow going to help the final product compile and work? No, because it's a different patch altogether when it's complete and even a simple translation could cause a crash depending on what was translated.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also just walk away. You were fine living your life before this, I'm pretty sure you'll get by all the same without it. Feedback does not help one translate the remaining sections of the game. Why would you test something thoroughly that is incomplete? Is wasting time bundling an incomplete patch worth the investment? Is it somehow going to help the final product compile and work? No, because it's a different patch altogether when it's complete and even a simple translation could cause a crash depending on what was translated.
We have plenty of beta testers available at this point, the hard part isn't finding people willing to play the game, it's finding people who we can trust not to leak the patch before we're finished testing, but even there we're fine asking IRL friends and family to do the testing.

What's slowing us down is that for various reasons most members of the team have either had to stop helping entirely for the time being, or cut back considerably. It's nothing acrimonious, and I'm sure most or all of them will be back by the time we start on Decode, but for the time being the only person able to make a major time commitment to the project is me. That means either delaying entirely until everyone can come back, or doing most of the remaining work by myself. I figure that as close to done as we are, I might as well keep at it, but where a team of five could probably finish the remaining work in a week or two, by myself it could be another month.

rro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Take as much time as you need, Sporky. And don't neglect your personal life in doing so. We don't mind waiting for a bit more. I'd rather wait for another month or two to get a complete patch rather than getting an incomplete one in a week or two. And keep up the good work. :yay:

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have plenty of beta testers available at this point, the hard part isn't finding people willing to play the game, it's finding people who we can trust not to leak the patch before we're finished testing, but even there we're fine asking IRL friends and family to do the testing.

What's slowing us down is that for various reasons most members of the team have either had to stop helping entirely for the time being, or cut back considerably. It's nothing acrimonious, and I'm sure most or all of them will be back by the time we start on Decode, but for the time being the only person able to make a major time commitment to the project is me. That means either delaying entirely until everyone can come back, or doing most of the remaining work by myself. I figure that as close to done as we are, I might as well keep at it, but where a team of five could probably finish the remaining work in a week or two, by myself it could be another month.

Keep on truckin sporky my friend, i'd love to be one of the testers. and i wouldnt leak it either. but you've those you trust and thats understandable and i take no insult to you not trusting me or anything, your position is fully understandable. someone could take the patch leak it as their own and take all the credit for all yalls hard work, trust me i would strangle someone who did that! So if need be i will wait as long as needed, and i sincerely and at the bottom to the top of my heart of hearts thank you and your crew sporky. you know not how long i've waited for a direct sequal to digimon world 1

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
Just 1 request, please please PLEASE make sure the digimon and skill names are correct (translated doesn't make it right) you wouldn't believe how many names and skill names are wrong on the online digimon game -.-

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just 1 request, please please PLEASE make sure the digimon and skill names are correct (translated doesn't make it right) you wouldn't believe how many names and skill names are wrong on the online digimon game -.-
We're releasing two versions, one with the dub names, which are awful and no one should use, and a much better version that is an accurate translation.

Hollowishollow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think we can safely guarantee that. After the giant pain in the ass that was blog's comments section after the last delay, we are being intentionally vague about a precise release date.

No problem for me,i can wait.It already means a lot for me that someone decided to translate this game and i know that translating it takes time so better use all the time you need for a good translation with no bugs.Meanwhile i'm trying some other games that are finished

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:wub::wub: