Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that. That's interesting, the author overstated how close to being finished we are, but it's close enough.

Yeah, it made it sound like you guys were done and the patch is live.

Bad reporting aside, it is cool they covered it and posted it. I'm just hoping it lights a fire under Bamco's ass to do Decode for us. I saw some comparisons to Final Fantasy Type 0 and how that fan translation got Square to do it

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, it made it sound like you guys were done and the patch is live.

Bad reporting aside, it is cool they covered it and posted it. I'm just hoping it lights a fire under Bamco's ass to do Decode for us. I saw some comparisons to Final Fantasy Type 0 and how that fan translation got Square to do it

What's wrong with us doing Decode though? :D

Reactions: XDragon2688

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nor do i and i'm strapped for cash sadly, so it would jujst be easier for me to buy a localized version of the game. but i will still support you till the last.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nor do i and i'm strapped for cash sadly, so it would jujst be easier for me to buy a localized version of the game. but i will still support you till the last.
Well, hopefully Gateway will actually release their promised 2.8 version soon. That will create far more hackable 3DSs, which would drop the price, and you might already have one if you have a 3DS, and haven't updated it recently. More promising in the long term is Citra, which has evidently had something of a breakthrough recently. In a few more years, 3DS emulation might be a viable option. Still, I won't be upset if Bamco decides to localize Decode. It would save me a lot of time and effort.

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, hopefully Gateway will actually release their promised 2.8 version soon. That will create far more hackable 3DSs, which would drop the price, and you might already have one if you have a 3DS, and haven't updated it recently. More promising in the long term is Citra, which has evidently had something of a breakthrough recently. In a few more years, 3DS emulation might be a viable option. Still, I won't be upset if Bamco decides to localize Decode. It would save me a lot of time and effort.

But wouldnt you still need a flash cart like the sky 3ds for gateway or is itusing a memstick like the psp?

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But wouldnt you still need a flash cart like the sky 3ds for gateway or is itusing a memstick like the psp?
I'm not entirely sure I understand the question. With a Gateway, you put 3DS ROMs on a micro SD card, put the card in the Gateway cartridge, and then put the Gateway in the 3DS. So yes, if Gateway releases their expected update, and you have a 3DS with 4.1-9.2 firmware, you'd need a flashcart, which is what a Gateway is.

yes, u will need a flashcart like gateway3ds only! all other flashcart for 3ds cannot play fan translation 3ds game!
I'm not certain that's true. I don't have a Sky 3DS to test it with, and considering their "ten games ever" limitation, I don't intend to buy one. However, I don't, in principle, see why one couldn't play a patched ROM. Someone who knows more about it than I do can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm not entirely sure I understand the question. With a Gateway, you put 3DS ROMs on a micro SD card, put the card in the Gateway cartridge, and then put the Gateway in the 3DS. So yes, if Gateway releases their expected update, and you have a 3DS with 4.1-9.2 firmware, you'd need a flashcart, which is what a Gateway is.

I'm not certain that's true. I don't have a Sky 3DS to test it with, and considering their "ten games ever" limitation, I don't intend to buy one. However, I don't, in principle, see why one couldn't play a patched ROM. Someone who knows more about it than I do can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Idk much either but there's that one problem.
Sky3DS is region locked so no JPN games on USA or EUR consoles.

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sooo...close...want game soon x.x birthday coming up! please get it done on or before the 22nd of this month ;.;

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so its almost done eh.... if it ever gets released its worth a full playthrough this is totally amazing.

when was last update?

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well doing Decode should be a bit easier given you done half of the work right?
Closer to 20%. A lot of things are similar but not identical to the way they were in the original, so we'll have an advantage there, but there's a lot of new material. It should be easier, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will take less time in this case. For instance, there are about 175 collectable cards in Re Digitize, each of which has a short description. Decode has nearly 800. That means we've got nearly a fourth of them done for us, but we still have more work to do translating Decode than we did for Re Digitize.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn