Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://thedigitaldive.com/forum/index.php?topic=1230.0

Here is one.. but it's been reported numerious places. I'm just trying to find them. It's also the same with things like Yu-Gi-Oh and the Fingers of Doom. That wasn't american censorship.. That came from japan.
I have to tell you, while I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, some guy on a forum somewhere is not a particularly credible source.

Reactions: CathyRina

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I know. Sad part is.. Everything I do to try to find it, only comes back to your project, or saying that BoJ is "Considering" Cyber Sluthe. I'm still trying to find that article I read a while ago.

Also.. Toei's official subs on Hulu and Netflix.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
http://thedigitaldive.com/forum/index.php?topic=1230.0

Here is one.. but it's been reported numerious places. I'm just trying to find them. It's also the same with things like Yu-Gi-Oh and the Fingers of Doom. That wasn't american censorship.. That came from japan.

That's funny. I was trying to explain Sporky the exact same thing just yesterday :D
Most localization changes even made SENSE. (Not all)
But fact is none of them happened without the endorsement of Bandai.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tbh, I'll be using the dub translation, not because I think it's better(obviously, it's not) but for the sheer reason that I've only ever played the games and watched the Anime's that use the dub names, so unfortunately that's what I'm used to.

Edit: On further reading, it seems that some English Anime and Games used sub names and some used dub names, so I actually have a mixture of both in my head, strange. o.0

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On an unrelated note, I'd just left the room for a second to have a cig and my 2 year old daughter went on here and went crazy over Sporky's avatar, she wants the damn Pony, haha.
You're welcome. And get her the pony, while I'm not near as big a fan of the show as my avatar implies (I just thought it was a good picture), I end up seeing it a lot when I babysit my niece, and it's really pretty good.

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, most of the attacks are different, some of the Digimon names are too. I forgot how different some names are.

On a personal note, I prefer some dub terms over the translation, like with Biyomon, Arkadimon, Dukemon, Omegamon...but yeah i
Actually Gallantmon is the dub name (aka real name)

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK and time for a normal post, regarding the debatable english names you guys can use mercenary index of the online digimon game, its fairly accurate though not complete: http://dmowiki.com/Mercenary_Digimon feel free to message me here or add me on skype (same username) for any questions about the names and/or the game
I may do that, I've seen both dub and sub of the earlier seasons, but I haven't really enjoyed either anime after about Frontier, so I've only seen the subs or raws of those. If there are any I'm uncertain about, I'll let you know.

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
Truly can't will till you guys are done but I understand that its better to take a long time and do a decent job instead of rushing into something and skipping something :)

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually Gallantmon is the dub name (aka real name)

Yeah, I was typing that post up on my phone and it got all screwed up. I was saying I like Biyomon, Gatomon and a few others but then prefer translation names for the latter bunch. Gotta love mobile! I don't agree with a 'right or wrong' name, there's original and then there is changed. Each has their merit and each has a preference

that list is good but it kinda contradicts with the Fusion Battles list now, especially with Arkadimon but he's not in anything so it doesnt matter.

Sporky, whatever you an Romsstar decide I'll be happy with :D

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I was typing that post up on my phone and it got all screwed up. I was saying I like Biyomon, Gatomon and a few others but then prefer translation names for the latter bunch. Gotta love mobile! I don't agree with a 'right or wrong' name, there's original and then there is changed. Each has their merit and each has a preference

that list is good but it kinda contradicts with the Fusion Battles list now, especially with Arkadimon but he's not in anything so it doesnt matter.

Sporky, whatever you an Romsstar decide I'll be happy with :D
Please forward the contradictions to me and I'll clear out the ones, as mentioned the dmowiki list is not 100% complete, I'd place it at around 92% accuracy maybe lower.

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please forward the contradictions to me and I'll clear out the ones, as mentioned the dmowiki list is not 100% complete, I'd place it at around 92% accuracy maybe lower.

DMO uses a mix of both terms for a few guys. I don't personally see an issue with it and for one do not want any of it to change, but if you really want I can send you the contradictions i find

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
DMO uses a mix of both terms for a few guys. I don't personally see an issue with it and for one do not want any of it to change, but if you really want I can send you the contradictions i find
DMO is translated from KDMO which is in korean, it tries to give us the full-on english experience but tends to fall a bit short

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
DMO is translated from KDMO which is in korean, it tries to give us the full-on english experience but tends to fall a bit short
Forgot to name 1 example, saying MachineDramon as MugenDramon btw did you know that Dorumon is actually an abbreviation? DORU: reply with the real answer :yay:

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You and I have very different ideas of what is considered full on English. I have no problem with straight translations, kinda like them in certain cases as they are the original names.To each his own I suppose. We shall never see eye to eye on the matter but that's okay!

as for your question on our purple fluffy little ball of death, Digital OR Unknown monster, but that's the translation to capitalize DORU, the dub name makes no reference to the abbreviation since it doesn't treat DORU as anything special.

Though if I may complain for a moment, the dub tends to change the names of Digimon that have existed before in english either in a game or what not. Daemon/Creepymon, Lilitmon/Laylamon, Kudamon's line as well... and Arkadimon. I keep harping on him because his new name/spelling makes no sense to me (Arukadhimon)

DigitalfanOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all i joined this forum just recently but iv been following for awhile and i always read the comments and now my inner digital nerd has decided to come out over this topic. from what i know i use wikipedia to know the difference in names but if u wanna know the differences check the anime when the digivice scans it it will have the jap and eng name in the backround best example i can give is frigimon from adv01 his shown eng name is like yukadarimon or something like that(basicaly its long and difficult to say)so the dubbers said fuck it lets call him frigimon but i like most eng dub names gallatmon is better than dukemon but tailmon is better than gatomon but im still used to the dub names so i say it more fyi:iv watched adv01 adv02 tamers frontier savers and xros in eng dub and watched adv01 adv02 tamers in jap iv also read v tamer and xros manga plus the other shitty mangas which are not worth mentioning and im torn between myotismon and vamdemon vam makes more sense but malo sounds cool to.

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
XDragon2688 idk how to describe my view, basically I gather all the data of the names and sift through until I find a good match, like in the PS2 game Daemon is called Creepymon which imo is wrong in one of the DS versions Lalamon is called Raramon just to name examples. I guess someday I'll take on the burden of creating a digipedia so we can have a semi-official source

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry.. I know this is going to cheese people off.. But I feel Gatomon is a MUCH better name than Tailmon.

Why Tailmon? It has a tail? So do a -lot- of Digimon.

At least Gatomon makes sense and is punny as most of the names usually are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@