Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

Emolsifier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After seeing the Screen Shots I grabbed an ISO of this game in anticipation of the patch. Does this project have a Paypal account? I'd definitely send some money as gratitude once the patch has been completed.

im sure many would like too do that aswell but they can get in trouble for taking money for a game that is not rightfully belonging to them :/ all though they are doing a great job for everyone

mmm, yeah I see what you mean.

By the way, does the team have anything going for the voice acting in the game? I know the main character says Mata Ashita Ne (see you tomorrow) when he puts his partners to rest for the day. Is there any efforts being made to change that?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After seeing the Screen Shots I grabbed an ISO of this game in anticipation of the patch. Does this project have a Paypal account? I'd definitely send some money as gratitude once the patch has been completed.

im sure many would like too do that aswell but they can get in trouble for taking money for a game that is not rightfully belonging to them :/ all though they are doing a great job for everyone

By the way, does the team have anything going for the voice acting in the game? I know the main character says Mata Ashita Ne (see you tomorrow) when he puts his partners to rest for the day. Is there any efforts being made to change that?
Nah.

EDIT: Ok before a Mod marks this as spam.
No we don't because it wasn't done in Digimon World 1 either and also we don't think it is necessary at all.

shinagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Nah.

EDIT: Ok before a Mod marks this as spam.
No we don't because it wasn't done in Digimon World 1 either and also we don't think it is necessary at all.

so how is the translation so far coming along?

Emolsifier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would have to agree with you, Romsstar, now that I have watched some gameplay. swapping out the japanese for english voice clips would be too much work for too little change. There are at least 4 different things the guy says during feeding and upwards of 6 different exclamations during battle. Thanks for answering my question by the way :)

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
To be quite honest I'd like to record the guy's voice but I'm thinking that's way too much trouble eh? Plus I don't have a good microphone, but I do have a good headset, haha.

Would be cool to hear english voices, a lil' extra. But then you'd have the usual rag-tag of purists who want the japanese VA.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah although the Text Reading Speed is not that important. maybe it just FEELS slower than the japanese one but I feel like the English letters are written slower on screen than the japanese original ones.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
currently, what have you translated?

Currently I wrote a custom searcher so we translate according to the story.

But we ran into an fileformat with custom header (the battle and finisher tutorials)
which need to be implemented.

I can't tell you any details, as soon as I feel like there will be updates containing screenshots.

Until then, stay patient.

shinagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
currently, what have you translated?

Currently I wrote a custom searcher so we translate according to the story.

But we ran into an fileformat with custom header (the battle and finisher tutorials)
which need to be implemented.

I can't tell you any details, as soon as I feel like there will be updates containing screenshots.

Until then, stay patient.

keep up the good work :)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To give this more impact,
a short video of implemented Text.

Keep in mind, just a beta.
The Text Reading speed is really bugging me,
because you have to skip over otherwise it takes way too long.

We have a lot of text limitations so don't take the Translation 100% serious yet.

JUST A TEST
Text Translation Test

EDIT: In case someone wonders about the Japanese Character Names/Places.

I'm currently working on making the names display Vfw too (with no spaces)

which is why they are still japanese.

Reactions: 1 person

JamesHarborne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this may be a stupid question seeing as you probably checked already but isn't there an option to increase the text speed I'd be surprised if there wasn't as this option is in virtually every jrpg I've played

JamesHarborne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see well I hope you find someone who can fix this and the other problems although I wouldn't mind playing it with the text at that speed and having to read Green Mushroom as Grn Mshroom if I had to it's better than not playing the game at all

shinagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Romsstar do you think dragon lord will be able to help or i can ask a few friends to give me a basic idea and then tell you they are pro coders and thats not a lie or you can try multi threading the text speed to speed it up but that will either give you a Vram error or just not work at all and multi threading is easy considering you just add thread1 , thread2 ect to each line should show faster not sure if that would work though ile ask my friends for you :)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Romsstar do you think dragon lord will be able to help or i can ask a few friends to give me a basic idea and then tell you they are pro coders and thats not a lie or you can try multi threading the text speed to speed it up but that will either give you a Vram error or just not work at all and multi threading is easy considering you just add thread1 , thread2 ect to each line should show faster not sure if that would work though ile ask my friends for you :)
In any case we will need a hacker with ASM knowledge.
If Dragonlord has some I'm pretty sure he will be able to help.

We need someone with ASM Skills for our team who can do the little tasks that need to be done to make this came look good.

- Text Reading Speed
- Box Sizes + Text Position
- Character Naming (To make it use the Vfw 2 byte not the 1 byte spaced ASCII Font)
- If possible..: Make the Vfw the game uses take up 1 Byte instead of 2. This way we would have no space problems any more. An alternative would be a compression that does the same thing.

We can make it work without all these things. BUT:

Would be much closer to an official release with an ASM hacker aboard, which is kinda what I want for this.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone who's signed up in the last 60 days, has less than 20 odd posts, or is shinagami or Tareblo, PLEASE STOP POSTING IN THIS TOPIC!

It impedes the process of making the topic useful for anything and masks useful comment. It'll be ready when it's ready....if you can DO something to help rather than repeating previous points or asking for explanations then fine. But thinking you can help because you like Digimon isn't useful.

If you actually have some experience in the area that's fine....but if you're curious and learning, please don't use this topic as a bombing ground for posting messages. It's frustrating for readers, and it may even drive people away from helping when they have to sift through so much inane commentary.

Reactions: 2 people

shinagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In any case we will need a hacker with ASM knowledge.
If Dragonlord has some I'm pretty sure he will be able to help.

We need someone with ASM Skills for our team who can do the little tasks that need to be done to make this came look good.

- Text Reading Speed
- Box Sizes + Text Position
- Character Naming (To make it use the Vfw 2 byte not the 1 byte spaced ASCII Font)
- If possible..: Make the Vfw the game uses take up 1 Byte instead of 2. This way we would have no space problems any more. An alternative would be a compression that does the same thing.

We can make it work without all these things. BUT:

Would be much closer to an official release with an ASM hacker aboard, which is kinda what I want for this.

i know just the guy ile ask him and wait for him to reply he is very good with this stuff but i think the psp cfw pro b10 has a turbo function but never actually tried to get it to work?
and i would try to help my self but i have no experience with asm or i can learn it but by the time i manage to even get the basics you would have found a way or work around ile look and ask and let you know

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We have a lot of text limitations so don't take the Translation 100% serious yet.

JUST A TEST
Text Translation Test

the text speed looks about right too me i didnt let the jap text read out i would skip it open just worry about getting the other things im sure dragonlord probably know how or know people that can help with that

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

JUST A TEST
Text Translation Test

the text speed looks about right too me i didnt let the jap text read out i would skip it open just worry about getting the other things im sure dragonlord probably know how or know people that can help with that
Yeah I checked on that again apparently the english reading speed is just the same. just looks different.

EDIT: I just figured out the Dictionary System of the game.

It is not exactly a compression but close. pseudo-compression:D

Anyways, it seems I can use custom dictionary entries to save space.

Some screenshots for your enjoyment:

agumon1.png

mastered.png

dictionary.png

(Custom Dictionary Entry)

screenshotsko.png

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol