Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,596,392
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

DanielSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
hay just asking you cant add the patch once its finished to the game and then pass the game and patch as one right because its against the sites rules right?

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
hay just asking you cant add the patch once its finished to the game and then pass the game and patch as one right because its against the sites rules right?
Yes, exactly.

Also, about the story translation. I should make it clear. I forgot to reset the progress in the first post since it is now 0%.
We will start the story translation once we finish all the other edits.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, apart from the edits, fixing and stuff, the only thing left to translate is the story? Nice progress. :) Certainly looking forward to the first patch.
Also, please take all the time you need. Ignore the impatient idiots, who don't get how hard a translation project, especially for a RPG, can be.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So, apart from the edits, fixing and stuff, the only thing left to translate is the story? Nice progress. :) Certainly looking forward to the first patch.
Also, please take all the time you need. Ignore the impatient idiots, who don't get how hard a translation project, especially for a RPG, can be.

There is also graphics issues but it is under Rastsan specialty and he is somehow busy with his work. So, I didn't count that.

There is Still the Wi-Fi to Complete
Its translation is completed due to PhoenixGoddess help. I forget to add them since I don't change them in the ROM yet. :D

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada

There is also graphics issues but it is under Rastsan specialty and he is somehow busy with his work. So, I didn't count that.

Its translation is completed due to PhoenixGoddess help. I forget to add them since I don't change them in the ROM yet. :D

I am sorry I have so little time off now. I mentioned before that I noticed that I may have inserted the files in the one pac file wrong. So 11 would go in 89's spot, 89 in 103's spot and so on. Just the ones I had to edit. I am hoping this wasn't me tired as all heck back when I originally did it. I have to go in and insert it one more time then check. Even then I am still not sure that I actually did it that way so I may have to insert without that one tool (something yugix will understand - that i know will take a huge amount of time). Beside the point I have the graphics ready to insert I just have to get to it. I keep getting side tracked with other stuff. so again sorry.

Which - thankyou Phoenix...

jojoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am sorry I have so little time off now. I mentioned before that I noticed that I may have inserted the files in the one pac file wrong. So 11 would go in 89's spot, 89 in 103's spot and so on. Just the ones I had to edit. I am hoping this wasn't me tired as all heck back when I originally did it. I have to go in and insert it one more time then check. Even then I am still not sure that I actually did it that way so I may have to insert without that one tool (something yugix will understand - that i know will take a huge amount of time). Beside the point I have the graphics ready to insert I just have to get to it. I keep getting side tracked with other stuff. so again sorry.

Which - thankyou Phoenix...

Don't worry about it. I have school and work as well as social obligations, so I understand having a lack of time to do somethings. I would rather wait an extra month or two and get a 100% working product than get one with a lot of flaws that I have to constantly wait for a new patch so I can play the game. Some people may be getting impatient, but most of us here understand and appreciate what all of you guys are doing.

Reactions: 1 person

CoreyTaylor

Trophies
XP
Country
Only just discovered this project, really glad to see that you're taking the time to do this and that it's progressing well.

I have a question about the localisation team, do you plan on keeping the Japanese names or changing them to the English dubbed ones? I have no strong preference either way, but I was curious and I hope you don't mind me asking.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Only just discovered this project, really glad to see that you're taking the time to do this and that it's progressing well.

I have a question about the localisation team, do you plan on keeping the Japanese names or changing them to the English dubbed ones? I have no strong preference either way, but I was curious and I hope you don't mind me asking.

Thank you.

We are keeping the Japanese names of the Digimon. E.g. Omegamon and not Omnimon and so.

BeliasLP

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there Yugix and all the other people involved in translating this Masterpiece.

My Name is BeliasLP, i'm a partnered German Lets Player on YouTube and also i'm a Hobby-Graphics Editor.
I wanted to say that i really appreciate your Awesome work, i've been following your work silently since you began,
awaiting the final product. but i have enough patience, dont worry.

I wanted to share my Graphical Knowledge with you, if you need any help with re-designing inGame graphics, like the
Emblem/Slogan of the Game.

you can see previews of my Graphical talent on my youtube channel, BeliasLP, simply google it. The Slogans for
Pokemon PitchBlack and Pokemon Bloody Platin are both made by me, as seen on my Channel (but only made for my use, not
the Hack creators)

if you want me to do stuff for this Hack, feel free to stay in touch with me, tell me the size, container formats etc.

btw, i've also made the most complete Digimon World 100% Perfect Game Run on YouTube so far, check it out if you want to.
but its in German, most people won't understand, sadly =( But i'll Lets Play this Hack as soon as its finished! my Viewers
are Looking forward to it!

okay, so tell me if i can help you, my Girlfriend also speaks minor Japanese.

- BeliasLP

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there Yugix and all the other people involved in translating this Masterpiece.

My Name is BeliasLP, i'm a partnered German Lets Player on YouTube and also i'm a Hobby-Graphics Editor.
I wanted to say that i really appreciate your Awesome work, i've been following your work silently since you began,
awaiting the final product. but i have enough patience, dont worry.

I wanted to share my Graphical Knowledge with you, if you need any help with re-designing inGame graphics, like the
Emblem/Slogan of the Game.

you can see previews of my Graphical talent on my youtube channel, BeliasLP, simply google it. The Slogans for
Pokemon PitchBlack and Pokemon Bloody Platin are both made by me, as seen on my Channel (but only made for my use, not
the Hack creators)

if you want me to do stuff for this Hack, feel free to stay in touch with me, tell me the size, container formats etc.

btw, i've also made the most complete Digimon World 100% Perfect Game Run on YouTube so far, check it out if you want to.
but its in German, most people won't understand, sadly =( But i'll Lets Play this Hack as soon as its finished! my Viewers
are Looking forward to it!

okay, so tell me if i can help you, my Girlfriend also speaks minor Japanese.

- BeliasLP

I Think that Yugix will be Glad to Have Your Help Belias

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
^ comeone just coz the OP of this thread is not on regularly doesn't mean the project has died, they've been working on this project for a long time and during the progress of this project many of them have come up with different other things that require their attention, hence they may not be able to give the time they used to when they started the project. Just like rastsan has a full time job now as he mentions in the previous few pages ahead. Be patient and not post stuff like is this prject dead like you just did as it can be really frustraing for the guys working on it.

jojoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the project dead?

Read the first post. It was updated less than a month ago. Also, the people working on this project have recently commented on it. Just be patient and when there is an update to make it will be made on the first post of this board. They are busy doing other things besides this, so they may not be able to give an update every week especially if no significant progress is made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi,