• Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twistedziefer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that's exfat if I am not mistaken, that's the big advantage when we start seeing bigger roms.

Why do you think backups are split with fat32 sd cards.
fat32 is supposed to have a 4gb file limit if im not mistaken idk if the switch is an exception. i know exfat does not have a limit. just wondering for my 4+ gb switch games gonna try it anyway

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I put the snes emulator in full screen without dark borders?

Literally previous page...

Sorry at this point everything has been said. It's just time for me to do my work. All of the stuff you listed has been fixed on experimental branches.

You can use them but I don't guarantee it won't break your save file or crash

You can try the newest snes2010 with threading and fullscreen here https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch/libretro-snes9x2010/-/jobs/628

Just started the task for you, wait a minute till its done

Please realize the threaded fullscreen build is not categorized as "stable". Therefore you use it at your own risk

slyd0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People need to read the previous 90+ pages.
literally every question is already answered, don't expect the dev to repeat himself a hundred times.
Also you get a glimpse of the development process and future projects the dev is working on.

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
People need to read the previous 90+ pages.
literally every question is already answered, don't expect the dev to repeat himself a hundred times.
Also you get a glimpse of the development process and future projects the dev is working on.

Don't you think it will be better to put a FAQ on the first post to avoid these questions ?
When you follow the thread since the beginning it's quite easy to read 10 or 20 answers. But who wants to read 97 pages in row ?!
I follow this thread since page 20, I just want to be empathic to a new Temper that arrive !

Compiling the top's questions-answers in the first post will be a lot helpful for everyone

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you think it will be better to put a FAQ on the first post to avoid these questions ?
When you follow the thread since the beginning it's quite easy to read 10 or 20 answers. But who wants to read 97 pages in row ?!
I follow this thread since page 20, I just want to be empathic to a new Temper that arrive !

Compiling the top's questions-answers in the first post will be a lot helpful for everyone
you could do it and submit it to him, I'm sure he would be happy to have some help

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you could do it and submit it to him, I'm sure he would be happy to have some help
I'm not the major actor here, and I can't list it 'cause it's not me that is answering all over and over
The one that fed up repeating is better placed to give this list.

I'm smart enough to deduce many things on my own like what's the process, what process do in general, but for compiling/retroarch and everything... M4xw is litterallyTHE man !

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
To be fair to everyone saying this, most of us don't have time to read almost 100+ pages to see if something was already asked/mentioned. An updated faq would fix this for the people who drop in.
I agree.
Surprised why M4xw hasn't updated his OP to include a FAQ, in addition to other information like new download links and all that.

Reactions: Trunks2304

Twistedziefer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not the major actor here, and I can't list it 'cause it's not me that is answering all over and over
The one that fed up repeating is better placed to give this list.

I'm smart enough to deduce many things on my own like what's the process, what process do in general, but for compiling/retroarch and everything... M4xw is litterallyTHE man !
He has enough work on his own he doesnt even need to let any of us try it until he is done with the project we are lucky to try his wips. The stable build on the 1st page works fine everything is mentioned on the 1st page about saving. For him to update a faqs everytime he does something new is ridiculous it's a beta not a full release. If you guys keep bugging him he ment get aggregate and drop it altogether. He was only doing it because of us and he wanted to play them too. The coding alone is a pain in the ass. If you want to contribute and help him. make a faqs for him soo he can copy and paste it but asking him to do more work when he doesnt get paid and he having real life to deal with doesnt mean he should do anything else.

...if you dont want to read 90 something pages then dont the 1st page has the build your supposed to use there is no new links because what has working on is NOT STABLE if you know how to code help him get it STABLE soo he can update the OP with the new build for now stop asking for more before he stops developing and then who else is gonna do it as good as he is :P

Last edited by Twistedziefer,

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree.
Surprised why M4xw hasn't updated his OP to include a FAQ, in addition to other information like new download links and all that.
Only so much time in the day. Feel free to make a FAQ that can be copied to the op for him...

Sent from my LG-US997 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Melon__Bread,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Only so much time in the day. Feel free to make a FAQ that can be copied I to the op for him...

Sent from my LG-US997 using Tapatalk
Good idea.
Only problem is that I'm about to leave to my grandma's house, so I don't have enough time to research and answer all the questions. I will get a few done when I come back later tonight.

Reactions: slyd0r

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be fair to everyone saying this, most of us don't have time to read almost 100+ pages to see if something was already asked/mentioned. An updated faq would fix this for the people who drop in.

Of course its ridiculous, but I can't summarize 100 Pages in a Post either, everytime people have stupid questions.

I am not a guy that writes FAQs or Tutorials, thats not exactly my type of beer.

Anyway I think I will take this weekend a bit slowly and chill out, past weeks have been intense

I think threading might be merge-able soon, idk yet about docked tho, as that seems to be a underlying bug and my code *might* be triggering some kind of race condition, but that's not confirmed yet.

As for the 3.0 pegaswitch bug, I got hinted by the switchbrew guys that it could be related to a outdated build of nx-hbloader, but they didn't know what could cause that either.

Last edited by m4xw,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Apparently I got home earlier than expected, so... @m4xw @Melon__Bread

A few questions + answers that are worth to put in a FAQ (although some info may be incorrect):
  • Can we run Nintendo 64 games?/Where's the Nintendo 64 core?
    No. Mupen64Plus/Parallel_N64/GLupeN64 needs hardware acceleration (JIT/GPU), OpenGL and Vulkan implemented before it can be available to the end-user.
  • Can we run PlayStation games?/Where's the PlayStation (PSX) core?
    Beetle-PSX Test Release
    Please note that you will need the PSX BIOS, and that audio is disabled. Loading saves doesn't work, although save states do.
  • Does this cause the battery issue?
    No, this runs on Horizon. You're probably talking about Lakka, which runs on Linux.
  • Any builds with fullscreen?
    SNES9xGX 2010 (without threading)
    SNES9xGX 2010 (with threading)
    VBA Next (without threading)
    VBA Next (with threading)

Trunks2304

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently I got home earlier than expected, so... @m4xw @Melon__Bread

A few questions + answers that are worth to put in a FAQ (although some info may be incorrect):
  • Can we run Nintendo 64 games?/Where's the Nintendo 64 core?
    No. Mupen64Plus/Parallel_N64/GLupeN64 needs hardware acceleration (JIT/GPU), OpenGL and Vulkan implemented before it can be available to the end-user.
  • Can we run PlayStation games?/Where's the PlayStation (PSX) core?
    Beetle-PSX Test Release
    Please note that you will need the PSX BIOS, and that audio is disabled. Loading saves doesn't work, although save states do.
  • Does this cause the battery issue?
    No, this runs on Horizon. You're probably talking about Lakka, which runs on Linux.
  • Any builds with fullscreen?
    SNES9xGX 2010 (without threading)
    SNES9xGX 2010 (with threading)
    VBA Next (without threading)
    VBA Next (with threading)
Thanks for doing this. Snes fullscreen looks great. Although the minus and plus button no longer seem to open the menu?

Also all the Japanese translations of the Dragon quest games don't work on this unthreaded version :unsure:

Last edited by Trunks2304,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    +2
    "My party doesn't lie!!" ummm politician not lying? Has hell frozen over? lol
    +1
    Tries calling them
    +2
    Reach around and touch someone! AT&T!!!
    +1
    Especially me :D:evil::shy:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol +1