blueraja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...ENT06/611150322

Geez evidently journalistic integrity doesnt count if your talking about "toys". The only thing accurate in the entire article is the statement that its less expensive than the others. Nintendo really needs to build its own hype machine...of course we can hope that the gameplay alone will hype itself. My daughters boyfriend mentioned that he couldnt wait for a ps3, I mentioned that I was getting the Wii, he laughed and said the ps3 was going to be awesome. I asked what games he was waiting for he mumbled off a few non-exclusive titles, (GTA, Fear, Marvel and Madden to be specific) I invited him over to play Marvel and Madden next week while he is waiting to get a ps3
smile.gif

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHATA NOOB! I hope that next time he's writhing something he'll be checking some more facts about what's he's trying to argue against...

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't know where to start with all the inaccuracies & omissions... First you say that :"The Wii is the least technologically advanced of the three next-generation consoles", wich is totally false, you seem here to mistake least technologically advanced with least powerfull, Toyota Prius is far less powerfull than a Corvette but it is far more advanced technologically speaking, the Wii is a state of the art device, the focus was not only raw power has it was for the other two consoles, energy consumption was a huge factor, it uses ten times less energy than a PS3, the size was an issue too, making such a small console requires huge knowhow and technology, compared to the grill-sized PS3, the amount of noise too was a big issue, the Wii makes no noise at all as opposed to the vacuum cleaning sound made by the Xbox 360. Then you could just compare the controllers, with the Wii proposing for the first time to the public full motion sensitive control over the games as in virtual reality, opposed to 20 years old controllers schema of the competition.
You wrotte:"While the launch lineup for the Wii features a good variety of games, the current list of Wii-exclusive titles is slim compared to other consoles. Nintendo's games are excellent, but the overall choices Wii owners have will be more limited." wich is totally untrue, I urge you to check your facts and hastily rewritte your piece, because it's of common knowledge that the Wii has not only the greatest number of videogame titles on lauch in the history of consoles, but it has way more exclusive titles than the other consoles, even titles that could be considered cross-platforms such as Electronic Arts Madden07 or Need For Speed Carbon are exclusive due to the uniqueness of the Wii controller that offers a gameplay radically different and impossible to mimic on the other consoles, so having more games on launch than any other console in history ( I don't even speak of the Virtual console...), with more exclusives than any other and the " cross-plarform" games being so different that their gameplay is exclusive by himself can hardly lead to your conclusion:"the overall choices Wii owners have will be more limited.", it's preciselly the contrary!!!
Another unvalid pooint is when you say:"The Wii has no hard drive, though it includes internal flash memory. That means less space for saved or downloaded games, and more loading times for the games it plays.", are you aware that interchangeable SD cards can be used as media storage??? As the possibility of using any USB storage device as once stated by Nintendo... Another thing I don't get is where you got the idea that loading times are going to be greater on the Wii, Nintendo has always been known and focused on ultra-fast loading times for their games wichever the device is, loading times for the gamecube were almost inexistant, whereas you could take a nap during some PS2 loadings. It was a great concern and focus at Nintendo reducing the loading times to almost none on the Wii, you can access game menu in less than 20sec. and play under 30sec. While on the PS3 it takes 2 minutes to access game menu only! When you mention that the Wii has no hard drive please do say that the XBox360 299$ that you speak of doesn't include a hard drive as well, nore Wi-Fi on any model from Microsoft and that only the 600$ PS3 has Wi-Fi while it's standard on the Wii. You could say also that online gaming is completly free ont he Wii whereas Microsoft charges you an anual fee to do the same. One last thing, your "Wii games are unlikely to get exponentially better looking to play and watch as developers adapt to its hardware." argument is completly baseless, programmers master better any device with experience, is anything, there is more probability in witnessing better management of the Wii console than PS3 as the Wii is easy to develop for by it's architecture and the developper-friendly tools that Nintendo provide, contrary to the PS3 uneasy multicore architecture and the well-known PS3 developpers complaints about how unfrienly the tools Sony gives them are and the huge lack of infornation on the console itself and how to program for it, some developpers having nothing else to do than develop tools by themselves. I hope that you ' verify your sources and rewritte your piece as it is way far of the actual facts.
Sincerily yours, GameGod.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:10 am
Taken from the comments on the link....nuff said
lecture.gif

This Heather newman "Free Press Game Writer" does not give them much hope/credibility... Oh well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: bc of shame