Misc Debunking the banwave claims that seemed to be going around

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 24,905
  • Replies 174

Did you get banned today or a few days ago on a public or private see?

• My public seed got banned

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • My private seed got banned

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

ry755

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Also change your serial number in your SecureInfo file, open it with GM9's hexeditor, at at the end, all the rest will appear to be garbage (I believe it's region-related info).

Would I just change the serial number to something random, or does it need to be something specific?

(Just trying to be ultra safe. I don't want to screw something up)

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I just change the serial number to something random, or does it need to be something specific?

Something random. Preserve the first two letters, I believe they will be QW for you.

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country

As long as you make sure you're changing the actual serial number (and not random parts of the SecureInfo_A file), you should be fine randomly changing any number of bytes except the first two (leave those untouched).

Edit:
Something random. Preserve the first two letters, I believe they will be QW for you.

Beat me to it.

Last edited by Clothahump,

teelo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Your NNID will not get banned. That only comes from playing unreleased games early online, and fixing it is more complicated.
Nintendo have been a bit unpredictable with their bans in the last year. They could suddenly decide to start banning NNIDs for using public seeds. I also use my NNID on my Switch and would rather it not get messed with.

I don't use online stuff much anyway. I'll wait until someone figures out what the USUM patch did and finds a workaround before I patch and go back online.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Pirated USUM but never played it or updated it to 1.2 and not banned. Still switched to a public seed just to be safe.

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my consoles, private seed, pirated a few games. Missed the first banwave, got hit by this one. SpotPass was turned off since forever.

My red flag: I installed the ticket and did an illegal preload of USUM back in november through the eShop. I think that was it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Will I get banned if I'm using a legit cart? Never installed the leaked version or a pirated version. I am using CFW BTW.
The trigger is still unknown,but running any type of homebrew or any out of region/region free game with the wifi on is the closest to what can be narrowed down.If you already did the following and havnt been banned yet,there is a good chance you will be hit in the next wave at random along with a bunch of other peoples private seeds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im wondering, will ban void warranty ?
Not if you hide your cfw good enough and use a stealth patch on the ctrnand.They wont know the diffrence If you inject a new seed

Those bans are permanent or have some time limit?
Injecting seeds lifts the ban if you dont have a console ban which effects 2 other things besides your local friend code seed b,console bans however are rare.

Edit-actualy its called a hyper ban and the code you get is 022-2812

Last edited by ,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The trigger is still unknown,but running any type of homebrew or any out of region/region free game with the wifi on is the closest to what can be narrowed down.If you already did the following and havnt been banned yet,there is a good chance you will be hit in the next wave at random along with a bunch of other peoples private seeds.

Not if you hide your cfw good enough and use a stealth patch on the ctrnand.They wont know the diffrence If you inject a new seed

Injecting seeds lifts the ban if you dont have a console ban which effects 2 other things besides your local friend code seed b,console bans however are rare.

Edit-actualy its called a hyper ban and the code you get is 022-2812
How do they do a hyper-ban? What is it that they ban?
And is it seperate from an NNID ban?

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Will I get banned if I'm using a legit cart? Never installed the leaked version or a pirated version. I am using CFW BTW.
I can say that safely, you will never get banned for having bought legit content like physical/digital copies, I've seen a few reports of users with legit content that never pirated or dumped their carts as CIAs weren't get hit by that banwave, but let's wait until further.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I can say that safely, you will never get banned for having bought legit content like physical/digital copies, I've seen a few reports of users with legit content that never pirated or dumped their carts as CIAs weren't get hit by that banwave, but let's wait until further.
I've actually been playing with a legit copy and while I DID play the UM leak and pirating it for a bit again later, I have been using a cartridge lately and still got banned. What's the weirdest thing is that I actually covered all tracks that I had the leak on my system (NAND backup and restore without ever going online whatsoever on my 2DS while I had the game installed).

D

Deleted User

OP
How do they do a hyper-ban? What is it that they ban?
And is it seperate from an NNID ban?
You get 3 bans at once actually,your seed,nnid and Your device id gets banned all at once.Your device id is built into the 3ds's hardware.Ill quote the post i found about it awhile ago.

Um, unfortunately you've got the worst one: A hyperban! Dx

Changing the Local Friend Code SEED won't make a difference with this type of ban. You're unable to access any Nintendo Network services AT ALL (which results in error code 022-2812). The ban is tied to the deviceID, which is hardcoded into the 3DS System on a Chip (SoC). You can only evade this ban by spoofing the DeviceID, which can only be done in a custom build of Luma3DS. Even so, you've lost your Nintendo eShop purchase history anyway, which I know, really sucks. And I'm really sorry to hear that it's happened to you. :c

You can however, unlink your NNID from your 3DS console though by changing the nnidsave.bin, or do a system format. That should be able to restore your eShop access, but you won't be able to use Nintendo Network services without spoofing your DeviceID. Also, the DeviceID has to be from an actual 3DS console, it cannot be made up, otherwise the servers will detect it as invalid.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: SirNapkin1334

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I've actually been playing with a legit copy and while I DID play the UM leak and pirating it for a bit again later, I have been using a cartridge lately and still got banned. What's the weirdest thing is that I actually covered all tracks that I had the leak on my system (NAND backup and restore without ever going online whatsoever on my 2DS while I had the game installed).
I presumed that ''illegal'' content might be stored somewhere else outside of NAND even with NAND backups that wouldn't cover the tracks, could it be PTM, Activity Logs or something We don't know about?

Last edited by Windylacine,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I presumed that ''illegal'' content might be stored somewhere else outside of NAND even with NAND backups that wouldn't cover the tracks, could it be PTM, Activity Logs or something We don't know about?
Tickets, activity logs, system data, etc. is ALL stored in the NAND partitions. The most that could be stored elsewhere would be the installation folders that I made sure to delete.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/