• Replies 768
  • Likes 53

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
ddd doesn't mount the disc and read files from it, it mounts the symbolic links which the consoles creates.
/vol/ contains the folder that the game needs to access, it's a mix of both disc and update. if you installed updates, ddd will dump them at the same time as it's part of /vol/.

I don't think there's access to the ticket, and it's not a restriction of ddd. it's more like a protection from nintendo to prevent access to more folders than needed at a given time.
Crediar said the "/system/0x/" folders are NOT part of the disc's folder architecture, he created their names to store the ticket info inside, but I don't know how to access that data from the console. it's not a folder or a file, it's maybe raw data extracted from the wud.
Yeah I read that info @crediar posted, and I understand its not part of the disc's architecture. Still, how are wud files created? Where did this info come from? It would be great if I can get the title.tik from a disc that I have.

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 5.5.1 and am trying to dump my smash 4 disk. dt00 and all the previous files were completed but for some reason the transfer stops a few seconds after dt01 starts. The disk stops spinning and the read kb stop increasing. I've looked through the thread and didn't find any solutions. Any ideas?

bump, no one knows?

pedrosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
@KuroYuki I've dumped PAL Smash some days ago without any issues. Maybe the wifi connection got lost or there was a disc read failure.

I've noticed that there is a commit in the ddd repo that saves the last IP used. Can someone compile it, please?

Thanks!

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Madridi

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KuroYuki I've dumped PAL Smash some days ago without any issues. Maybe the wifi connection got lost or there was a disc read failure.

I've noticed that there is a commit in the ddd repo that saves the last IP used. Can someone compile it, please?

Thanks!

I dont think theres a problem with my disk because i can play smash with no problems... It always happens at nearly the exact same byte so i dont think it can be an issue with my wifi... I have no idea what the problem is :'(

@Cyan would it be possible make dumping files separately work? Because I think there might be a bug somewhere thats making it impossible for me to dump over 4gb. I checked my drive and I was using ntfs. It was also possible for me to copy my 3.8 gb dt00 and paste it in the same folder(so the resulting folder was larger than 4gb)...

Last edited by KuroYuki,

TurboTri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make it work over Wired LAN? i guess speeds should be faster.. cause i think dumping my XCX Game will take like DAYS!

I use DDD over wired LAN and the max speed is 1MB/s
It will not take days to copy XCX, cleary you are exaggerating.
My calculations say at 1MB/s it should take between five and a half to a little over eight hours depending on whether you
downloaded the extra data packs or not

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use DDD over wired LAN and the max speed is 1MB/s
It will not take days to copy XCX, cleary you are exaggerating.
My calculations say at 1MB/s it should take between five and a half to a little over eight hours depending on whether you
downloaded the extra data packs or not

I downloaded all the EXTRA data packages, but i have the retail, does it affect in something? because dude, the game is 16 gb

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cyan would it be possible make dumping files separately work?
It's already possible to dump specific files or folders.
just enter the full path to the file instead of just /vol/content/

Wired LAN
LAN Adapter is not faster.
It's like nintendo restricted the network speed to 1024b/s instead of using all possible speed.

ddd doesn't use wifi specifically, it use the registered network, whichever adapter you use.
it was the same on Wii, the speed was capped.

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already possible to dump specific files or folders.
just enter the full path to the file instead of just /vol/content/

Really?? When I tried /vol/content/dt01 it just made a new folder called dt01, does dt01 have end with .something?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe path to a file doesn't work? I thought it did, or even thought I read someone tried it already.
Maybe I'm wrong and only a path to a folder is possible.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Who does? nintendo ?
I have no idea why they recommend the adapter over the wifi. Maybe for the ping if the console is far from the router and wifi signal is weak if can lose packets and need to resend them, the game will lag.
but if the signal is strong, it should be the same.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who does? nintendo ?
I have no idea why they recommend the adapter over the wifi. Maybe for the ping if the console is far from the router and wifi signal is weak if can lose packets and need to resend them, the game will lag.
but if the signal is strong, it should be the same.

D: they lied to me T.T and bought that stupid adapter for 24 bucks xDDD

By the way, is there another way to dump games, or its just the Wifi one? D: or shall we wait for IOSU?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's network only until IOS hack can grant access to other devices without being dependent of a game's permission.
currently you can dump to SD the games which have SD access (like SSB, art atelier, karaoke, miimaker ... and that's all haha).
So, ddd doesn't even have that option as it would be too much work for two games (and more work to explain to people why the option is there but they can't use it with other games, etc.)

Reactions: huma_dawii

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe path to a file doesn't work? I thought it did, or even thought I read someone tried it already.
Maybe I'm wrong and only a path to a folder is possible.

Do you plan on making a new version of ddd that supports single file extraction or is that too much work?

Last edited by KuroYuki,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...