Hardware Damaged Motherboard When Trying to Reshell N3DSXL.... Help?

King Harkinian

I wonder what's for dinner?
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I was attempting to reshell my CFWd Black N3DS XL after it accidentally took a bad fall and the case ended up with very bad cracks and scratches. After opening it and swapping everything, I turned it on to see that the top screen was completely black, and after rebooting the console would simply flash a blue light then immediately power off. Upon reopening it seems that I have damaged the connectors for 2 of the small flex cables (I couldn't get the cables to pop out, but now they are bent up and wont stay down) and the retaining flap of a larger one popped off it seems (I still have the piece but I cannot seem to reattach it). Is there any way I can go about fixing my console or getting it fixed? I'd send my console to Nintendo but I'm sure they'd send it back for being tampered with... And I'd prefer not to have to purchase a new console and loose all of my saves. Is there a way I can keep these cables secured so I can boot my 3ds again? I also attempted to use normal strips of electrical tape, but it wasn't sticking to the board. I'd even be fine with a temporary solution just so I can run JKSM and dump my saves. Would it be possible to do a hard mod of sorts and dump them from my computer?

Here are some photos of the damage.
Front side of the board:
n7YLoJ2.jpg

Back side of the board:
dNctzzS.jpg

Thank you so much in advance for the help.

-King Harkinian

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys,
I was attempting to reshell my CFWd Black N3DS XL after it accidentally took a bad fall and the case ended up with very bad cracks and scratches. After opening it and swapping everything, I turned it on to see that the top screen was completely black, and after rebooting the console would simply flash a blue light then immediately power off. Upon reopening it seems that I have damaged the connectors for 2 of the small flex cables (I couldn't get the cables to pop out, but now they are bent up and wont stay down) and the retaining flap of a larger one popped off it seems (I still have the piece but I cannot seem to reattach it). Is there any way I can go about fixing my console or getting it fixed? I'd send my console to Nintendo but I'm sure they'd send it back for being tampered with... And I'd prefer not to have to purchase a new console and loose all of my saves. Is there a way I can keep these cables secured so I can boot my 3ds again? I also attempted to use normal strips of electrical tape, but it wasn't sticking to the board. I'd even be fine with a temporary solution just so I can run JKSM and dump my saves. Would it be possible to do a hard mod of sorts and dump them from my computer?

Here are some photos of the damage.
Front side of the board:
n7YLoJ2.jpg

Back side of the board:
dNctzzS.jpg

Thank you so much in advance for the help.

-King Harkinian
Since you are in US, I suggest PMing @vb_encryption_vb, he does hardmods in US, I don't know if he will be able to help you, but he's your best shot.

King Harkinian

I wonder what's for dinner?
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sure you can solder it it doesn't look that bad

You can solder in a new one but its not easy.
I broke my touch screen's connector last week.

Can you solder on the cables without replacing the connector or would you have to solder on a new connector? Also, where would I purchase the specific parts? I'm not entirely sure what to look up. I know someone who's done console mods in the past and knows how to work a soldering iron and should probably be able to do the soldering if they knew what needed to be done. I'll ask them if they'd be able to if given the parts.

Beerus

Gbatemp's God Of Destruction
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can you solder on the cables without replacing the connector or would you have to solder on a new connector? Also, where would I purchase the specific parts? I'm not entirely sure what to look up. I know someone who's done console mods in the past and knows how to work a soldering iron and should probably be able to do the soldering if they knew what needed to be done. I'll ask them if they'd be able to if given the parts.
im sorry dude i cant help with 3ds stuff i never opened my console up so i have no clue what is what im sure a repair service near your area can fix it for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)