ReShelled N3DSXL, no power LED

ReliefWithBeef

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I recently reshelled my n3ds XL, everything went fine, put it together to test, powered on just fine. I then disassembled and re fed the top screen ribbon cables through, at this point no ribbon cables were damaged. No blue LED at all, the device charge indicator comes on and stays on when plugged in, I left it for a few hours and the battery fully charged so indicator turned off, not after 5 seconds, but after a full charge, so the battery is fine. Below is a list of things I have tested:

- Replacement power button/ABXY board
- different Battery
- reseat all cables
- Tested the FX fuses they're fine
- Replaced the top screen
- Checked all top screen ribbon cables for any tears - no damage

The only thing I haven't tried is the bottom touch digitiser, while the ribbon cable for it is not ripped, it is a bit crumpled, but all of the gold contacts remain intact throughout.

The only thing I can think is the motherboard? But the charging is normal so I doubt my suspicions. I do have another n3DS XL but I am hesitant to take that one apart as I don't want to end up with 2 dead consoles, I also don't want to shell out for a new motherboard if that's not causing the issue.

What would cause the device to charge as normal, but not power on at all?
Thank you

-D

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds family is SUPER finicky and picky with how all the ribbon cables are seated and wants them perfect

Assuming nothing shorted, one or more of these cables is likely the issue. I suggest checking them all again on the motherboard side

ReliefWithBeef

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3ds family is SUPER finicky and picky with how all the ribbon cables are seated and wants them perfect

Assuming nothing shorted, one or more of these cables is likely the issue. I suggest checking them all again on the motherboard side
Aside from these ribbons, is there anything else that would stop the 3DS from showing the blue power LED?

ReliefWithBeef

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Solved it. It was the motherboard. Took one out of another 3DS and now it’s working perfectly. Bonus, the replacement top LCD I purchased turned out to be IPS!

Thread can be closed, but thought I’d post my findings for anyone else having this issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone