sfg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the CycloDS forum:

QUOTE said:
CycloDS Evolution v1.56 BETA 6 firmware has been released for testing, changes include:

* Major improvements to both performance and stability with Stealth Mode
* Stealth Mode is disabled by default for games which have alread been patched

As you can see, the changes with this BETA relate only to Stealth Mode. Unfortunately development has been a bit slow recently due to the holiday season, however we have noted the compatibility issues which have been reported in the BETA 5 thread and will be working on fixes where required. We decided to do a smaller BETA release in the meantime to showcase the new and improved Stealth Mode which we think is now about ready to move out of BETA - please let us know what you think!

link

sfg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and hopefully they'll get faster as the holidays end since they also still have several games to fix plus optimize the stealth feature even more in my opinion because it still doesn't work with rumble enabled and the intro cutscene of CoG: Dragons has hiccups for example.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least the cracked version of COP no longer boots in Stealth mode.....that was annoying as it killed the cheats for the game. In other words, COP (U) (cracked) now works as it did previous to beta5, which is to say perfectly.

My guess is that this will be the last beta before 1.56 final unless there are some showstopping bugs with this beta. I mean, the ONLY thing they worked on in this beta was Stealth mode improvements, so they probably just want to get Stealth mode squared away before worrying about anything else. I wonder if they will be able to add the ability to use cheats in Stealth mode, because that's the only thing I will miss when a game uses Stealth.....not being able to access the enhanced menu during Stealth doesn't bother me. Regardless, it seems like Stealth mode at least doesn't seem to cause games to slow down in-game anymore, but while the load times have improved drastically in Stealth, they are still slower than normal. Might end up being a necessary compromise though.

1.56 final will likely include fixes for the various games that aren't fixed using stealth mode.

sfg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Might end up being a necessary compromise though.

I hope not. Other carts have them running perfectly with options the enhanced menu in Cyclo offers, so Cyclo would came out bad.

vergessen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i am understanding they will still attempt to fix games and get them fully working. stealth mode is to be a stop gap so when a game with the new protection schemes come out we can still play them on the cyclo without a patch/whatever until the team adds the fix.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dark Lord said:
I wonder why cyclo team have bad on releasing the new firmware.....

QUOTE(Dark Lord @ Dec 30 2009, 10:09 AM) I just couldn't wait it to be release soon..
What are you on about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo