Hacking Cyber Gadget Save Editor Now Supports Pokemon X/Y

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other words, you can't put a save from PowerSavers or Gateway to be messed with. Because in the end you'll have to have the device to re-sign everything like the PowerSaves. Correct?

It only deals with saves/games that it reads from the cartridge, that don't use broken encryption and are supported by the program. You need their device to use the tool, and it doesn't support people with emunand (broken encryption) games.

Cyber Gadget Save Editor allows you to read the save, decrypt it, edit manually/apply codes, encrypt and write the save back to the cart.
Powersaves doesn't do the bolded stuff. Powersaves has codes to choose from, which can't be customized.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this server-based (for decrypting/encrypting) like Powersaves?

Of course it's server side. They don't have the keys, the 3DS does. They still use the internet to encrypt/sign/decrypt, and patch saves (edit).

However, it looks like the cart reading commands (for backup/writing) are done locally for some games, as the cart commands / serialization is in the code.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The japanese users made an editor:

5006.png

Avenger2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's server side. They don't have the keys, the 3DS does. They still use the internet to encrypt/sign/decrypt, and patch saves (edit).

However, it looks like the cart reading commands (for backup/writing) are done locally for some games, as the cart commands / serialization is in the code.
The japanese users made an editor:

5006.png

Yeah I just saw this. How does it compare to yours? Also thanks for the information about how you still need the internet for the Cyber Save Gadget, I was mistaken as I thought it was all self contained on your computer. I ordered the device but I think my order got messed up so I might have to wait a little while for one.

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright now that the japs have a save editor, datel really doesn't have an excuse for prohibiting custom codes. It's all wide in the open. They have their unfair advantage in genning pokemon/having unreleased content. I hope datel is reading this thread and taking measures to implement custom codes:rolleyes:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think the issue is though that its datel, an international company based in the uk vs a random Japanese company based god knows where.....if nintendo do feel like trying to sue people for doing this, datel would be the easiest target.....im guessing datel will wait a while and gauge what nintendo do in regards to this device, if they do nothing datel would probably jump on board knowing they could use that in their defense if nintendo do try any BS

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just saw this. How does it compare to yours? Also thanks for the information about how you still need the internet for the Cyber Save Gadget, I was mistaken as I thought it was all self contained on your computer. I ordered the device but I think my order got messed up so I might have to wait a little while for one.

CyberGadget can let you store decrypted saves locally, and send them to be patched with the codes.

Compared to PKHeX, this is really garbage. Only thing it can do is load their save files -- PKHeX can't do that yet because I haven't received any saves to know how to handle them.

Avenger2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Avenger2000

thanks for the confirmation ^_^"

Kaphotics

yeah, stumbled upon the same twitter image.

so...I recall both pokemon X/Y being region free carts.

has this been confirmed to work on every region's version of pokemon X/Y ?

I have only run across Japanese images (strangely no videos) of this product in action.

also, for those who have ordered this item, anyone getting their shipment before August 25th ?

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Avenger2000

Kaphotics

I have only run across Japanese images (strangely no videos) of this product in action.

also, for those who have ordered this item, anyone getting their shipment before August 25th ?

Still don't know anything on how the tool precisely works, obviously.

A couple people have said they've also purchased it, and someone in our IRC will get one in a week and a half at the latest. IIRC Reisyukaku already has one so maybe we'll know more sooner than later.

Reactions: breaktemp

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Kaphotics

ha ha, thanks for the speedy reply ^_^"

* I just had to data mine *

yes, it appear quite a few people scooped this item up.

very happy to hear people are going to get theirs before the end of august !!

Reisyukaku eh...always ahead of the game.

looking forward to what their research uncovers !!

* I hope a video tutorial pops up soon *

Avenger2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Avenger2000

Kaphotics

I don't think Pokemon X/Y is region free. If you google it, you'll see some people were spreading a rumor before it was released but in the end it wasn't true. You can change the language on the game between Jaoanese and English though. Also the cybergadget could be region locked as well. The exact cartridge may be checked when it sends the info to the server. No-one has confirmed this though.

I should be getting mine by Monday. A seller at Amazon had some in the Amazon warehouse but they are sold out now. I would of had it on Friday if they haven't muffed my order. Note that I don't own Pokemon yet (blasphemy I know!). I've been mostly playing Youkai Watch which is a similar genre.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
if gateway let us inject saves into carts, and also support that for nand games, we could use 'gateway' type saves with this, if you had a retail cart :)
i would rather hack and edit a copy of my save, not on my only retail cart. if i could at least restore my own save to my own cart i would be ok.
i remember reading some people with powersaves got their carts bricked?/or was it just the save that they lost?
if there is any chance with this device, i don't really want to use it, or, maybe this company does it nicer than powersaves and there is no change of messing anything up
thanks for the codes work kaphotics, and that tool from that japanese guy looks cool

Avenger2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick update since I have to go out for the day. I just received the Cybergadget Save Editor. It;s simple enough to set up. You put in the card and it goes over the internet to recognize it and when you go and patch it. I expect it to be able to tell the difference between different regions games so I doubt it is region free. I quickly used an official patch that gave me Gasha coins in Youkai Watch. Got 3 pretty cool Youkai (but it seems they start at level 1 when you get them from the machine). I haven't looked at the Advanced Mode yet where you can add your own codes. I'll keep you updated! I don't own Pokemon X/Y so I can't get the save for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over