jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Torte said:
Man, what a marathon. I've finished it after playing it near non-stop for nearly 2/3 of a day (bedridden for an injury). Fantastic game. Simple, but fun. And the story of Zack is superbly well done. DMW pwns, too much, I think.

lol i haven't even completd it yet :X

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't like it all that much (Maybe it's because I have no nostalgia for it, make a compilation of FFIX and I'd probably love it no matter how bad), all it is is a movie where every once in a while you have to mash X. IMO, 7/10.

platypusrme427

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
I didn't like it all that much (Maybe it's because I have no nostalgia for it, make a compilation of FFIX and I'd probably love it no matter how bad), all it is is a movie where every once in a while you have to mash X. IMO, 7/10.
I can somewhat agree with this.....sadly. At least the cut scenes are pretty
yaypsp.gif

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
platypusrme427 said:
myuusmeow said:
I can somewhat agree with this.....sadly. At least the cut scenes are pretty
yaypsp.gif
Try just mashing x on some of the boss fights, or very hard missions, hell you even try that on hard mode and it will break your face.

Ktaro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does the american version of the game have american (bad) voice actors in it? or can you change between japanese and english ones? I wonder if it's possible to un-dub the voices if it has then :/.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
platypusrme427 said:
You do have a point, but for playing through on Normal mode, mashing the X button basically makes the game.

Well you can finish Contra 3 without killing a single grunt-type enemy. But that's not the point.

And the American voice actors are... actually pretty good! No, seriously. No qualms here.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
has anyone attempted the mni game squats? what is your high score? mine is 69 and i like how the story enfolds so far it explains a lot of stuff that happened prior to final fantasy 7, i;m still wondering where cloud strife fits into all of this and also how does sephiroth turn evil too.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Ktaro said:
does the american version of the game have american (bad) voice actors in it? or can you change between japanese and english ones? I wonder if it's possible to un-dub the voices if it has then :/.

It is possible to undub but the filenames have numbers and the numbers are not the same in the JAP and US version and it's like 1000 files so heh
tongue.gif

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, the voices sound like elementary school BS, but I can live with it. Would be nice if you could edit it though.

Oh, and the fanservice in this game is off the fucking HOOK!
smile.gif

Dsy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would do that how to change the dub from the US version to Japanese ?!?
Or we just could change the menu text in the japanese version so the Patchfile would be smaller.
I Tried to do it with UMDgen 4.0 but i just find 1 big file that i cant extract
frown.gif

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
IGN gave it 8.5, so I guess it's not that bad...
ARGH! WHO AM I KIDDING? I WANT TO PLAY IT NAO! But then, I'd have to spend all my summer money to buy a PSP and whatever equipment needed, instead of getting a Wii :/ ARGH! Decisions, Decisions!
*goes crazy*

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great voice acting... but the Battle System FAILS.

I would prefer to have a TRUE FF Battle System, not this ugly Kingdom Hearts-like Battle System... but... the story is great
biggrin.gif
It's just Final Fantasy VII. It CAN'T be a bad game
wink.gif
You just have to get used to it.

Also the Equip System fails a bit, too. It's just too simplified, to attract "CASUAL GAMERZ". It should have been more "classic". The fact that there's no party isn't too bad (after all the game's attention is all on Zack), but the "Slot Machine Thingy" it's just too strange. You can win a uber-hard battle in 2 seconds thanks to a casual summon.

Music's GREAT. Because most of it comes straightly from FF7
biggrin.gif

But I got addicted to it because's FF7
biggrin.gif
So... it's a good game overall. Maybe the best for PSP.

Still have to finish it, though, so it could be even better (something like an uber-cool ending, who knows)
tongue.gif

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don't get why people complain about the voices. They seem fine to me, but I never tried the JAP version so have no real expectation of Seph sounding like he has hypothermia and constipated.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rulza said:
I thought the game had great voice acting actually...

I agree, the voice acting is great. Many Japanese games these days have exceptional voice acting in transition to English.

Now there are some games where an undub would be great to have (MegaMan ZX Advent is one of those games), but when people bash good voice acting in a localized game, it makes all of us look ungrateful to developers who take good time and money to get better actors to do the job right.

But what do I know about money, I downloaded Crisis Core when it leaked last week
biggrin.gif

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Extreme Coder said:
ARGH! WHO AM I KIDDING? I WANT TO PLAY IT NAO! But then, I'd have to spend all my summer money to buy a PSP and whatever equipment needed, instead of getting a Wii :/ ARGH! Decisions, Decisions!
*goes crazy*

The PSP is a better investment. Wii games pretty much suck.

I play my DS and PSP 100x more than I play my Wii. I even play my PS3 more than my Wii, and I don't even own or rent any PS3 games!!!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IBNobody said:
Extreme Coder said:
*goes crazy*

The PSP is a better investment. Wii games pretty much suck.

I play my DS and PSP 100x more than I play my Wii. I even play my PS3 more than my Wii, and I don't even own or rent any PS3 games!!!
What what what? I don't want to derail the topic, but PSP games suck 100 times more than Wii games. I've played at least 10 GREAT titles on my Wii, instead, this is the first PSP game I really like. And I've got my PSP 2 years ago.

I'm playing my Wii more than my 360, lately.

Now, let's get back to Crisis Core
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...