Status
Not open for further replies.

afterburn999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
idk if this has been posted about before but http://r4town.com/ne...-3DS-games.html apparently thet say it'll be released late jan but i doubt it, the price on r4town is 70 bux idk if its trusted or not

I've seen that other places before so it's probably fake. Why would anymore buy a 3ds cart that can only play DS games with a promise that 3ds support and homebrew is coming ?

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love homebrew projects like the Lone Wolf DS homebrew series, Moonshell, ComicBook DS, and DSOrganize. Now those are some handy homebrew applications. (also translation patches...love 'em!)

The games from Homebrew on the other hand, let's just say it, they suck. This is not restricted to the DS, most homebrew games in general suck. Some of the homebrew on Wii have crummy controls and frighteningly bad graphics. Homebrew games are hardly entertaining, imaginative, or visually appealing. I don't mean to offend the developers of homebrew games, as im a big fan of the indie game phenomena and understand how hard it is to develop on your own, but some of these shouldn't be called "games" but rather someone's curious dabbling in how the console games are made and whatnot.

I believe it's not a proper game until it has resposive controls, clear instruction upon what must be done within said game, a defined purpose for game actions, and gameplay that is actually entertaining.

Once those three are met, then developers should move on to eye-catching graphics (the only reason Angry Birds in famous), music (employing the help of musicians in the similar manner of the Mother 4 project), other general aesthetics, and finally the wrapping, QA. (which can be done by developers, private selection, and/or public)

Finally, upon final release, the game can be relesed and promoted as a fine Homebrew game. (given that it wasn't made by any company and whatnot)

That's like saying homebrew is great because you have a GBA emulator and GBA games are great.

Clearly you're not getting it. It's the ability to play all these games that makes the emulator (the homebrew) great. Emulators are not easily coded onto consoles.

By this logic you're saying that as long as it has emulators, homebrew is great. Thus making the majority of the past two pages useless drivel.

Dolei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
tbh I think crown3DS are fake... We've waited and waited, past suppoused "release dates", with literally nothing. So yeah. I didn't (and still don't) want to think so, but it's not looking promising

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who say homebrew sucks on the DS have never tried NeoDS or some of the stand alone MAME roms.
I have the following all running great on mine.

For DS homebrew, there are some great games:

Still Alive (2-D version of portal)
Dicewars DS (port of Computer flash game; touchscreen only)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the actual topic. I think of the Crown 3DS like this; if it is released, then it's released, but if it isn't, then it isn't. Most people here have multiple systems (at least one other system), so just play those until a flashcart is available to the public.

If you've beaten all of the games you have, then just try a new type of game that you normally don't play. Better yet, if you heard of a game that is considered a classic, but never played it, then do it!

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've beaten all of the games you have, then just try a new type of game that you normally don't play. Better yet, if you heard of a game that is considered a classic, but never played it, then do it!
Excellent advice, this is what's been keeping me busy until a decent 3DS flashcart is released. I've got about 20 highly-recommended games that I've never picked up yet.

Personally, with the lack of updates we've been recieving, I think the Crown is a fake. Wouldn't the team update us with more pics or info it was truly real? They'd like to keep the attention of their audience, I'd imagine.

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
It is fake! If you lock at the edge of the mother board you can notice that there is no elevation from the table (soldering) .and near the six transistors there is a screw hole that is black instead of withe like the table.So they just soldered some wires to the cartridge.And if the preorder rumor is true they made 10.000$ from it.

hundredhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is fake! If you lock at the edge of the mother board you can notice that there is no elevation from the table (soldering) .and near the six transistors there is a screw hole that is black instead of withe like the table.So they just soldered some wires to the cartridge.And if the preorder rumor is true they made 10.000$ from it.

we've been over this already

virgildraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
i'm starting to think that we wont hear of them again, they probably just made like 10.000$ in preoders with that scam

gmajna

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Maybe its Nintendo plan...this Crown 3DS...some card for 3ds rom and we all just waiting and nothing happened and on the end we say its impossible to do anything...ok well we buy a game and Nintendo win :)

Reactions: 1 person

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe its Nintendo plan...this Crown 3DS...some card for 3ds rom and we all just waiting and nothing happened and on the end we say its impossible to do anything...ok well we buy a game and Nintendo win :)
Just because one team tried and failed(?) doesn't mean that we all just give up. There are plenty of hackers still working on exploiting the 3DS.

(?) = we don't know if they failed yet...

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think its really helping nintendo , yea it may help sell more systems , but they also develop games and i know i have put off buying some games because i was hoping this is real , there are about 3 or 4 games i have been putting off buying till i know if this is real,

virgildraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Just because one team tried and failed(?) doesn't mean that we all just give up. There are plenty of hackers still working on exploiting the 3DS.

(?) = we don't know if they failed yet...
yeah, its very likely that other teams are working on exploiting the 3DS, so even if this is a fake, i'm pretty sure that other teams will succeed

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
Right now there are 66 3ds roms dumped
the groups can play them
flash cart companys know the first one out will make a ton of money
so there are defiantly people working on a cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.