Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More spine alternates made by TyrannicalFascist @ tcp.
This time it's Sonic and Friends. Some of the covers have been cleaned and updated by me as well.
IMO the spines look great on the coverflow.
a1u3w3.jpg

Full covers with alt spines D/L link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dqgg7qh0ljnbqc2/Sonic.zip

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
So amped up about all the activity here lately, I've been busy, shrinking TG-CD/PCE-CD/Duo games to work with Mednafen cuz I ended up with about 100 games I wanted with covers, after that it's back to Atari and holy crap Wimmpathy again delivers a MASSIVE update! It's going to be hard to catch up but sometime this year I'll be on an even keel lol. Able to update on par with the updates on this page. I can't wait, although I had to take a break for a while lol. Man I'm going to need a lot of new .conf files wooo!

Hey TOW420 I really like your new GBA alt covers and I'll be using 'em and replacing my old GBA covers. I see that you've been upping a few individually, problem is I'm usually on mobile with a non-jailbroken iPhone (it's new been to busy to install Cydia) and I haven't been able to d/load them yet. Will these changes eventually make it as an official update on OP? If not I want to make sure I grab em' since their spread around and I don't want to miss one.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MR, Thanks. I will continue to upload them in single packs as i get them done. I was thinking about making a big pack when I finish so anybody and everybody can get everything in one go. As far as going to the OP for an update, that's up to MS. I got a GB, GBC, and finally a GBA update in the works and I'm already looking at 100 covers across the 3 handhelds already done so Idk if MS would want them. Well see tho. I'm currently trying to get the whole Star Wars set done but not all covers are available, but I did get a few new ones we didn't have already.

Reactions: MassiveRican

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Update 02-13-14: 2 Decent sized updates to the NES and SNES Vertical sets today. Again thanks to Tow420 and the artists at TCP for keeping me busy. :) All links and folders have been updated, and as usual, there is an update .rar in the individual downloads folder. Just look for the folders marked "Newly Added 02-13-14". Have fun updating your shit! haha

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sent my Amiga covers off to mastershoes last week - had a good time making them but burned myself out :lol: Might get back to doing some more later, but in the meantime I'm moving over to another plugin with not as much love in the covers department as I'd like: regular Final Burn Alpha!

Made 4 covers ages ago, and just spent a very quick few minutes trying to get them looking respectable (but no dice hehe! In fact I took one look at Dogyuun and didn't even attempt anything!)

Dogyuun
dogyuun.zip.png

DonPachi
donpachi.zip.png

Logic Pro
logicpro.zip.png

Simpsons Arcade
simpsons.zip.png

Will hopefully get round to both improving these and creating a good few more, mainly the Cave etc shooters - DoDonPachi is a no brainer, other stuff like Air Gallet too... Seems a shame just having Capcom covers ehh!

GamerSince83

West Coast Pimpin'
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work U guys have here been using WiiFlow since day 1 and i'm really proud of the Community and Developer and Gamers more importantly for making the Great even Greater :yaywii:

Will try to contribute as much as possible....not sure if these are available from the DL's here

Cave Noir,Double Dragon 2 & 3 for GameBoy

Cave Noire.gb.jpgDouble Dragon 3.gb.jpgDouble Dragon II.gb.jpg

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Update 02-17-13: Amiga Update! Added mightymuffy's recent amiga covers to the set. There are 69 new covers added, bringing the total from 58 to 125 + 2 alts. All links updated, have fun!

Edit: Template is off a bit, i've made an adjustment to the set.. i'll re-upload them after i get a chance to double check them on the wii.

Edit2: Fixed & Re-uploaded.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit: Template is off a bit, i've made an adjustment to the set.. i'll re-upload them after i get a chance to double check them on the wii.

Edit2: Fixed & Re-uploaded.

Thanks for the new template MS! In my defense, I think we were both a bit off with the size weren't we - a tiny bit anyway! :lol:
Good seeing that Amiga cover count larger :D, spent years with an old A500 and loved it, will probably add some more eventually!

Final Burn covers - mixed results here! I cannot decide whether to just grab the 2 flyer images then go for a similar spine to the current Capcom flyer set, or improvise adding artwork... certainly the latter is more work, and not sure if it's worth it: went for a mixture of the 2 with Esp Ra.De. and think it just looks a mess:

esprade.png

Or there's the Artwork front, flyer back of Air Gallet:

agallet.zip.png

Ugh, might just go back to the Amiga ones! :lol: Dogyuun I've updated though and this one does look better than before!..
dogyuun.zip.png
...Actually found out Japanese Megadrive owners got a port of this, so tried it and it's not that great haha, but hey, you learn something new every day and all that ehh.. Dogyuun here is the 2 flyer scans though, and is in my opinion the best of the three, so if I can I'll go this route!

GamerSince83

West Coast Pimpin'
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Burn covers - mixed results here! I cannot decide whether to just grab the 2 flyer images then go for a similar spine to the current Capcom flyer set, or improvise adding artwork... certainly the latter is more work, and not sure if it's worth it: went for a mixture of the 2 with Esp Ra.De. and think it just looks a mess:
Dogyuun here is the 2 flyer scans though, and is in my opinion the best of the three, so if I can I'll go this route!

Im actually messing around with sum of these made this Minimal Template for both CPSP 1 & 2 ===

CPS2_Template.png

And Example ===

MM_zip.jpg

Thinking of adding screenshots on the back...

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More spine alternates made by TyrannicalFascist @ TCP.
Up next we have The Legend of Zelda series.

New Pokemon alt spine for Ultra Violet.
Thanks to TyrannicalFascist for the alt spine and djshok for the original cover work.
I just prep them for us Wiiflowheads :rofl2:
wqw01.png

I still got more to come. With all the new and clean/updated covers, hopefully I can get us all a GB, GBC, and finally a GBA update out soon..

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im actually messing around with sum of these made this Minimal Template for both CPSP 1 & 2.

And very nice it is too if you ask me, I like the Wii-esque look of it! However mastershoes does have a full set of CPS1 & 2 covers on the original page, based off the flyers, and as a result I'm not sure creating them all over again using this template is a good idea, your Mars Matrix example is great, but also clearly needs a lot of work before you could consider it finished...
Obviously, by all means tell me to sod off and get cracking if you're set on making them of course, but perhaps there's a number of games, arcade or not, that you'd want that don't have covers yet - personally I'd reckon they'd be a better idea to make ;)

Reactions: GamerSince83

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ