Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought I'd go through my snes collection and point out coverless roms because I have nothing better to do at the moment.

I've done a couple of those, but they're mainly in the PAL style format, and not as good as the main gang can do of course:
Parodius
View attachment 6141

Dark Half
View attachment 5819

Monstania
View attachment 5828

Psycho Dream
View attachment 5651

Gokujou Parodius (couldn't tell if you wanted Parodius 1 & 2 or Power Instinct 1 & 2, so I've chucked up Parodius 2 & 3 :lol: )
View attachment 5029

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius
View attachment 5030
They'll do as a placeholder I suppose.. As for the others, R-Type 3 has been done, isn't Wario's Woods aka Mario & Wario (if so, that's also been done), and the Clayfighter:TE cover can be used for CF1 as bar a couple of extra stages/speed selects they're the same game... still, if you're after a full set, you've got a point!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Space Knight - Tekkaman Blade
Steven Segal is the Final Option.

Tekkaman is freaking awesome and I must play now, was probably one of the first anime's I'd ever seen and Steven Segal had an SNES game..? how the hell did I miss such epic-ness lol

and indeed I was going to point that MightyMuffy did tackle a couple of those covers as well I just wasn't 100% sure which ones. Good job pointing those out, though if they could be made to put on an NTSC template it would be ideal for me :)

Darknight_723

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all this is my first post to this forum, tho I have been using your box arts for a while and love the work you guys are doing on this project. I have a cover I want to post, that was missing from the Neo-Geo set, and a few alts I edited with different naming, as I use USA bios on my Neo-Geo emulators the name of some of the games are different than the covers in your set. These are not perfect by any means as I lack any real Photoshop skills:).

Unfortunately these only have front covers because as I have stated lack Photoshop skills, but perhaps someone will pick them up and add a spine and back.

The Last Blade (Missing from set)
lastblad.png
Sonic Wings 3 (Edited. USA name = Aero Fighters 3)
sonicwi3.png
Karnovs Revenge (Edited. USA name = Fighters History Dynamite)
karnovr.png

Ok this one I spent a lot of time on. I tried to get the title in the top right corner since its so blank up there, and get it off karnovs face, but no success at least not without making the picture look like crap. Perhaps someone with some better skills would like to attempt.:)
The Ultimate 11 Super Sidekicks 4 (Edited USA name = The Ultimate 11 SNK Football Championship)
ssideki4.png

Ok this probably really is not a big deal, The Ultimate 11 Super Sidekicks 4 to The Ultimate 11 SNK Football Championship, really is not that much of a difference but the game on my system reads as The Ultimate 11 SNK Football Championship and I like consistency :).

Well that is what I got, once again thanks for all the work you guys put into this project.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks drakorex. When it comes to covers, anything always helps. I just go by my SNES rom folder of coverless games and pick them off like that. (Right now I think I have 383 SNES roms left) I'm more mainly concerned with all the repo's of Japanese translations, and new releases out there that are not on the list. Those can be easily missed.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you guys go. This cover is not my best work but just a quickie. I'll go and retype the back text and try to find a better quality image when I can. Right now just been tryin to get a SNES update put together. 40+ done so far..
Clayfighter (USA)
24n1t2r.png

And just real quick in my opinion, converting images to jpg does lose quality in images. After doing much side by side comparisons, I find that jpg is more blurry and does save space as to png being more sharper around the edges and outlines.

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea I figured it would, considering the amount of space your saving I'd say your definitely sacrificing something lol. Although until my setup is complete I need to see how much space I'll have left. If there's enough I'll use PNG's again.

Damn that's an impressive update to intellivision btw guys, crazy I just finished the 57 yesterday and then today bam doubling the amount XD

Thanks for the covers I see Wiimpathy stays hard at work all over the place huh ;)

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not a big secret but yeah I've made scripts to download images from a website, convert and create the full covers with front/back/spine. Off course, most need gimp/photoshop work to improve them. Mastershoes helps to fix some.
I wish more people could help...

Reactions: mastershoes

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure what you mean by teaser. Space patrol is already in Mastershoes archive.
I don't know how many covers are missing.
Wikipedia says 152 games. 13 aren't playable since they are for the Tutorvision console.
However, there are also homebrews and recent releases like Space cunt (?!) : full list
A lot of covers can be found here.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what you mean by teaser. Space patrol is already in Mastershoes archive.
I don't know how many covers are missing.
Wikipedia says 152 games. 13 aren't playable since they are for the Tutorvision console.
However, there are also homebrews and recent releases like Space cunt (?!) : full list
A lot of covers can be found here.
Sorry what I meant was I can't find the actual homebrew game, the cover is already in his archive like you stated. Space Patrol Teaser was a free-to-play demo that left turn only released so that people could try the game out prior to purchasing it. Most websites with the demo all forward to the same site which seems to be down.

EDIT: Well just tried again today and the site is up, must've been a lot of traffic or something yesterday. I'm all set now, thanks again for the work you put into the covers guys.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
I have updated the Vectrex set with some custom covers. It's 100% complete for original released games, I did not make covers for PD roms. I have posted the complete set for mastershoes. Here are some examples of whats in the set:-

Cosmic%20Chasm.vec.png

Fortress%20of%20Narzod.vec.png

Mine%20Storm.vec.png

Spike.vec.png

Web%20Wars.vec.png

Hope you like.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, my project "Get the lads back working on the SNES stuff" seems to have been a rip roaring success with Toddy doing another 40-odd covers :lol: - my work here is done haha! (still editing my personal collection with PAL covers though)

Onto the Amiga then! Many of these were done before the Mastershoes pack so don't fit with those - only the most recent one used it (and was that the US box style by the way, or something you added?) Again, usual low-quality-muffy stuff, and a couple are even PC back covers looking at them now *blushes*

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder.jpg

Cannon Fodder 2
Cannon Fodder 2.jpg

Count Duckula (not the best game ever lol, but hey, it's Duckula!! :D )
Count Duckula.jpg

Holiday Lemmings '93
Holiday Lemmings 1993.jpg

Holiday Lemmings '94
Holiday Lemmings 1994.jpg

New Zealand Story
New Zealand Story, The.jpg

Oh No! More Lemmings
Oh No! More Lemmings.jpg

Pac-Mania
Pac-Mania.jpg

Parasol Stars
Parasol Stars - Rainbow Islands 2.jpg

Edit: 2 more
Agony
Agony.jpg

Akira (could only find a CD32 cover)
Akira.jpg

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Update 02-01-14: Big Vectrex Update! sion_zaphod has helped to bring this set from 8 covers to 33! This covers all official releases except for a handful of protoypes. Thanks s_z for knocking those out! Also an added bonus.. I gathered up all the Vectrex Overlays I could find and added a link for those too. If you don't know, the overlays go in the same folder as your vectrex roms, named the same as the rom (no extension needs to be added).

Edit: mightymuffy I grabbed the ones that fit the current template (Akira, etc) and will add them to the next Amiga update.. if you decide to convert your others or make anymore i'll add those too :) Thanks mang!

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ooo, cheers everyone! :D Found doing SNES covers a bit fiddly to be honest but I'm enjoying doing these Amiga ones! I've got quite a list I want to do so over the coming days (probably weeks more like!) I'll get cracking. In the meantime it's been lashing down all day today here in Northern England so I've made a few more.... After these I'll chuck the rest into a pack and pass them on to mastershoes ;) (will also revert to png from now on)

All New World of Lemmings (1200/AGA though, not sure if it works but my family are big lemmings fans/completionist sake)
All New World of Lemmings.jpg

Apidya
Apidya.jpg

Apprentice
Apprentice.jpg

Battle Squadron
Battle Squadron.jpg

Beneath A Steel Sky (16 floppy disks - lol!)
Beneath A Steel Sky.jpg

Best of the Best - Championship Karate
Best of the Best.jpg

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you guys go. This cover is not my best work but just a quickie. I'll go and retype the back text and try to find a better quality image when I can.
Clayfighter (USA)
24n1t2r.png
When in doubt, EBAY, my friend! You'd be surprised the quality images you can find there sometimes!
$_57.JPG

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I sent to Mastershoes a fullset covers of PC-FX, but three games are lost and need roms. They are: Cocktail Pack, Nnyuu (2 discs) and G-Maker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head