Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reet then folks, work on the covers has been going slower than I was hoping due to real life stuff (somewhat related, just found out I'm going to be a dad again! Bit of a shock since I had the snip 12 years ago :lol: - now I know it's happening though, bring it on!)

So instead here's a 'Pack 1' of covers for you. 26 plus 1 alt.

Note:
All covers are for games that have been confirmed as working in the Retroarch FBA core compatibility list found over in the libretro boards. It's quite possible some can be used for the mame plugin, but since I've not bothered with that I can't confirm anything there (am kinda waiting for RA Wii Mame but that's looking less & less likely)
Also, a couple of the games in the list don't have sound (Vimana springs to mind), bit gutting but otherwise the games are playable..

mastershoes: As there's no template I've just gone for something similar (ish!) to the Capcom ones you have. As a result I'm not gonna post them to you expecting them to be up or anything, however if you want to add them up then by all means do pal! (And if that's the case just let me know and I'll send them directly from now on) ;)
Of course if you, toddy or anyone else has a template in mind and want to edit them into it, feel free to do so as always. :)

Assuming mastershoes doesn't want to add them (and I won't be offended if you don't by the way ms!), then I'll upload the next pack in about 2 weeks - got my eye on about 150 in total which will take some time with the real life stuff.

http://filetrip.net/dl?0NyilRhLI7

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Of course if you, toddy or anyone else has a template in mind and want to edit them into it, feel free to do so as always. :)

I have a MAME template but it's really just a Capcom Play System template copy since their both arcade anyways. But I really don't do arcade stuff atm. Got to much other games to cover.

Congrats to ya and the new addition as well.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats mightymuffy! I'll download these and check 'em out. I have some half ass templates and a few covers for fb alpha random games that i started awhile back but didn't get very far with. I was grouping them together by the breakdown on the compatibility list (Sega, Taito Taoplan, Capcom, Post90, etc) and will probably follow that suit for the opening post shitz. Feel free to send any covers my way anytime! Congrats again buddeh!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds a bit fishy...
Amazing how the body can heal eh.. a friend of mine got her tubes tied and 5 or 6 years laters still got prego, needless to say she was a bit furious after she paid so much to have it done to begin with lol. Although it goes to show no matter what, when it's meant to happen it's meant to happen.

Newayz back on topic, so how bout dem latest updates, that NEC pack looks pretty damn spiffy don't it! I had a few games I d/loaded like Dragon Knight IV and a couple of Cosmic Fantasy's so now I can have em nice and covered. Thanks again guys.

Reactions: mastershoes

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds a bit fishy...
Ha, yeah I've told her if it comes out looking like the milkman there's gonna be words.... first thing I said when she told me was 'whos the dad?' (not the best thing I could've said haha). It is quite common though, especially when it been like 10+ years.

Thanks for the messages everybody! Gawd, sleepless nights & nappy (diaper) changing all over again, ouch!

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha, yeah I've told her if it comes out looking like the milkman there's gonna be words.... first thing I said when she told me was 'whos the dad?' (not the best thing I could've said haha). It is quite common though, especially when it been like 10+ years.

Thanks for the messages everybody! Gawd, sleepless nights & nappy (diaper) changing all over again, ouch!
Whoa. Whoa. WHOA! Wait just a frickin minute! You guys still have milkmen? I thought they died out with shoe shine boys, and women who do what they're told! lol

More OT, i know there are sites devoted to movie covers, but what about TV shows, per episode? There sure are a lot of blank covers floatin around that neck of the woods. I know it's not emulation, per say, but... Um... We're emulating cable! Yeah, that's it! So any chance of two or three peeps with way too much free time on their hands starting up a side project of screenshotting individual episodes of popular TV shows so we can get it covered?

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Whoa. Whoa. WHOA! Wait just a frickin minute! You guys still have milkmen? I thought they died out with shoe shine boys, and women who do what they're told! lol

More OT, i know there are sites devoted to movie covers, but what about TV shows, per episode? There sure are a lot of blank covers floatin around that neck of the woods. I know it's not emulation, per say, but... Um... We're emulating cable! Yeah, that's it! So any chance of two or three peeps with way too much free time on their hands starting up a side project of screenshotting individual episodes of popular TV shows so we can get it covered?

Get XBMC. The TV Scraper gets screenshots, front covers, logos, fanart and episode synopsis. (I prefer XBMC as a media player compared to WIIMC and MPLAYER CE, but you can use the covers and screenshots XBMC gets on WIIFLOW simple enough)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get XBMC. The TV Scraper gets screenshots, front covers, logos, fanart and episode synopsis. (I prefer XBMC as a media player compared to WIIMC and MPLAYER CE, but you can use the covers and screenshots XBMC gets on WIIFLOW simple enough)
But will they be screenshots that encapsulate what the episode is about, or will they just be all random?

GamerSince83

West Coast Pimpin'
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah XBMC would be a good start for resources pertaining to Movies n Shows....I got too many TV series with the same cover for all episodes just TMNT cartoon like 9 seasons with same cover :( I wouldn't mind lending a helping hand maybe do some covers for certain series or so...........

GamerSince83

West Coast Pimpin'
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But will they be screenshots that encapsulate what the episode is about, or will they just be all random?

::EDIT::
Here is a Cover for Eps 1 & 2 of the Best Show so far im watching = True Detective B-)

TrueDetectiveEps2.png
TrueDetectiveEps1.png

Reactions: MassiveRican

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally favor the 80's TMNT and some DBZ! But that's way to many covers to make. At least with the games you know the numbers. I may be able to contribute every now and again tho. I did however started making CD covers for the music in my Musicflow a while ago, just never finished the project nor shared them with anyone.
Here is a few of them:
Axel F.
2ytxloz.png

Leather So Soft (Instrumental) - Perfect coverflow music IMO lol
2vd1gqo.png

Super Saiyan 3 Theme
2hnymhj.png

GTA: Vice City Theme
2djcpwy.png

Others I never finished were K.I. Feeling from Killer Instinct, Aquatic Ambiance (Underwater level in DKC), Sigma Fortress in Mega Man X just to name a few..

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 02-27-14: Updates to GB, GBC, & GBA! Thanks ToddofWar420 and TCP for the handheld goodness.

GB has 59 Cleaned/Updated, 14 New, 28 New Alts, and 4 where the previous cover was moved to alts.
GBC has 14 Cleaned/Updated, 20 new and 11 new alts.
GBA has 23 Cleaned/Updated, 10 New, and 29 New alts.

All links/folders have been updated and as usual there is an update folder available (with update rar) in the individual download folders. Have a flippin' blast!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @SylverReZ