Android Could It Be - Android Adventure/Shooter Game Project

rob graham

Gamer, Programmer, Music Editor and GFX Designer!
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone and welcome to my new major project for Android. i am planning to make a game for Android (.apk). This game is going to be going along the lines of games that have been previously made by NaughtyDog (The Last of Us, Uncharted etc). This game will include loot, stealth, shooting, adventure and good cutscenes.

I hope that some of you guys can help out with this.

Planned:
3rd Person Gameplay
Advanced Cutscenes
Well Designed City Terrain
Effective Weapons
Well Designed Characters
Fun and Adventuress Gameplay
Advanced Crafting and Inventory
Good Voice Acting

These are just a few plans for now. More will be added in the future.

NOTE: THIS GAME WILL BE MADE WITH UNITY 3D GAMING ENGINE. NO OTHER GAME ENGINES SHALL BE USED. PEOPLE THAT ARE SCRIPTERS MAKE SURE YOU USE EITHER JAVASCRIPT OR C#/C++

Thanks

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone and welcome to my new major project for Android. i am planning to make a game for Android (.apk). This game is going to be going along the lines of games that have been previously made by NaughtyDog (The Last of Us, Uncharted etc). This game will include loot, stealth, shooting, adventure and good cutscenes.

I hope that some of you guys can help out with this.

Planned:
3rd Person Gameplay
Advanced Cutscenes
Well Designed City Terrain
Effective Weapons
Well Designed Characters
Fun and Adventuress Gameplay
Advanced Crafting and Inventory
Good Voice Acting

These are just a few plans for now. More will be added in the future.

NOTE: THIS GAME WILL BE MADE WITH UNITY 3D GAMING ENGINE. NO OTHER GAME ENGINES SHALL BE USED. PEOPLE THAT ARE SCRIPTERS MAKE SURE YOU USE EITHER JAVASCRIPT OR C#/C++

Thanks

Just one question. What do you plan to contribute to this project?
We don't want something like this happening again.

rob graham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just one question. What do you plan to contribute to this project?
We don't want something like this happening again.

No don't worry I will designing the game as well. The only bit that I am not top notch on is coding but I will create the terrain, gui and some of the weapons

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
...I'm pretty sure you can't just "plan" good voice acting and cutscenes. You need to either find talented people who are willing to do it for free (and this will most likely not happen) or hire people. And most likely no one is going to accept an "X% of profits" payment.

rob graham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...I'm pretty sure you can't just "plan" good voice acting and cutscenes. You need to either find talented people who are willing to do it for free (and this will most likely not happen) or hire people. And most likely no one is going to accept an "X% of profits" payment.

Yeah I know what you mean, well really all I need is some people to do the voice overs in the game. I have some friends that might be able to do the voice overs

ilman

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, another question.
Have you ever made a game/participated in the making of a game?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, here's a general tip: START SMALL. You can't just make stuff like this. Start with those 1$ Android games that look like Flash games. Make a ton of those first, it will improve your ability to tell what's good design and what isn't. If you immediately start with a giant project like this, chances it will fail are roughly 99.99%. Even if you finish it, the final product is very likely to be plain bad. Also, "I will just ask some friends" and "good voice acting" are entirely different things (unless you're lucky and these friends happen to be great actors, which I doubt).

Reactions: yuyuyup and ilman

rob graham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, another question.
Have you ever made a game/participated in the making of a game?

Yes, last year I made a game called Squared as part of a school project. It was like a flash game and it did really well. Also I have been making a small game called ClearCutRacing

rob graham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, here's a general tip: START SMALL. You can't just make stuff like this. Start with those 1$ Android games that look like Flash games. Make a ton of those first, it will improve your ability to tell what's good design and what isn't. If you immediately start with a giant project like this, chances it will fail are roughly 99.99%. Even if you finish it, the final product is very likely to be plain bad. Also, "I will just ask some friends" and "good voice acting" are entirely different things (unless you're lucky and these friends happen to be great actors, which I doubt).

I know what you mean, I have been making some smaller games, but they are mainly for PC. I have been making some small Android apps such as a web browser and a word processor. Well im looking for ok voice acting.

rob graham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Ouya is a console running Android with its own independent game marketplace. Basically, the guy wants you to add button controls to the game.

There will be button control as I will be able to export it to PC. So I can add controller support, but Ouya support will come out when the game is a bit more playable

ilman

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, last year I made a game called Squared as part of a school project. It was like a flash game and it did really well. Also I have been making a small game called ClearCutRacing

I suppose that those are small 2D games on the PC. What language did you make them on?
Either way, 2 small games aren't enough experience to start a project like this. You need to keep pumping out small but interesting games, and most importantly, upload them on the Internet for free. People will give criticism towards your games and you can make them better. That way you'll get experience fast and once you're done with your, let's say, 10th game, you can start searching for a team to help you develop the massive game you want to make. And, unless you're willing to pay people for their work, you can't expect good voice actors, coders, designers, etc.

rob graham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose that those are small 2D games on the PC. What language did you make them on?
Either way, 2 small games aren't enough experience to start a project like this. You need to keep pumping out small but interesting games, and most importantly, upload them on the Internet for free. People will give criticism towards your games and you can make them better. That way you'll get experience fast and once you're done with your, let's say, 10th game, you can start searching for a team to help you develop the massive game you want to make. And, unless you're willing to pay people for their work, you can't expect good voice actors, coders, designers, etc.

Thanks, this game will be continued at a later date. I will slowly work on it in my free time, but for now I am going to make a puzzle game for android and maybe ios & blackberry

ilman

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bring this up again, but what programming language are you using to make your games?
Personally, I like the C++ and SFML combo, but that's not compatible with iOS and Android(yet).

rob graham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bring this up again, but what programming language are you using to make your games?
Personally, I like the C++ and SFML combo, but that's not compatible with iOS and Android(yet).

I will be using Unity, so that supports a game with javascripts and c++ scripts in game. Then Unity can compile the .apk or IOS game for me

rob graham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Even though earlier on in this post I said that this project has been put on hold, I will still be releasing smaller versions of the game like separate levels in each update until I have a better knowledge of game design and programming to make this game amazing.

rob graham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The first tiny version of this game V1.0 will be coming out tonight or tommorow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge