Hardware Cost for building a good pc ?

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I built my computer for $480
(if you stay with amd stuff and don't go for the newest, cutting edge tech you can find parts for much cheaper)
an FX-8370 for $130
Amd RX 480 for ~$200 give or take 20 bucks
8 GB RAM for $30
Any AM3+ motherboard ~$60
Any okay PSU ~$50

I can run GTAV at high to max settings at 60 FPS
Cemu is not an issue to run at all

building a computer isn't hard, it's just trying to buy the best value parts for the price
What is a PSU ? i don't know anything in this domain and don't know english abreviations (i'm french)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between full, semi and no modular PSUs ? And what's the difference between full and mid towers ?
Mid towers basically have exactly enough room to fit components in, while full towers are bigger but give you more room to work with

Fully modular power supplies allow you to remove all cables to store them, semi allows you to remove peripheral cables if you aren't using them but the motherboard and CPU power cables are permanently fixed (this is only a problem if you want custom length or sleeved cables), and non-modular has no removable cables, making it both awful to install and will make your cable management look like was if you can't find a good spot to tuck unused cabling

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mid towers basically have exactly enough room to fit components in, while full towers are bigger but give you more room to work with

Fully modular power supplies allow you to remove all cables to store them, semi allows you to remove peripheral cables if you aren't using them but the motherboard and CPU power cables are permanently fixed (this is only a problem if you want custom length or sleeved cables), and non-modular has no removable cables, making it both awful to install and will make your cable management look like was if you can't find a good spot to tuck unused cabling
Thanks! So i think i should go for mid tower and semi PSU since i won't move my pc and the only thing i would change in the future is RAM, will just see how it feets with 8GB.
Another question, is 480W PSU enough for AMD FX-8350 and GTX 1050 ?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! So i think i should go for mid tower and semi PSU since i won't move my pc and the only thing i would change in the future is RAM, will just see how it feets with 8GB.
Another question, is 480W PSU enough for AMD FX-8350 and GTX 1050 ?
I'd personally get a 500w or more to be safe, but that SHOULD be fine

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, is it a problem if video has 2gb instead of 4 ? (i was going for a 1050ti i found for cheap, but it's out of stock :angry:
It depends on what games you're playing. Realistically you want as much VRAM as you can afford because games will always benefit from it (with midrange GPUs, you'll usually hit a texture limit before you hit a power limit at 2-3GB)

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/
Someone's already recommended this site but here's a link. It's pretty handy and iirc you can check out other users' builds if they link, it's also probably handy to check out for a first time buyer such as yourself.
I already have some parts, all i need now is a video card, a case and a PSU (not sure of what i want for these the case and the psu but i've a little idea)

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, how far can i overclock the fx-8350 (if i can) with the Hyper TX3 evo cpu cooler ?
Motherboard i have is the Gigabyte 990X-gaming sli

For what you are trying to achieve, overclocking isn't really necessary.
I had an FX-8320 and got stable 4GHz with a rather cheap motherboard... But as I said, you shouldn't care about that as long as your rig gets the job done. And it will. Trust me. Your GPU might rather be the limiting factor in games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show