Hacking Contenthax - a Vulnerability in Wii U File System Verification

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I've got my CFW booter/HBL icon ready, I want to create a RetroArch multi-booter using Haxchi's latest version, since I have two exploitable DS games. Does anyone know if the TGAs need to have any specific characteristic (maximum size, color density, etc.) before uploading them to my Wii U?

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a little modification I made to DaBlackDeath's icon tga, in case anyone wants to add it to their package. :P

icontex-png.68871

The file size of your .tga seems very small, are you sure it saved correctly?

EDIT: maybe @DaBlackDeath can help out if he still has the original file :D

Last edited by TheBroCode,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

kabaneri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
We have any chance for this happen with Wii u original channel (line hbc in mii creator) or in a non-purchase game?

Enviado de meu S480 usando Tapatalk

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you did not need to go that far, as long as you backup the meta first you can always use loadiine.ovh to boot HBL then launch CFWBooter. From there you can restore the original meta or try custom meta again.

those 3MB files take 15-20 to copy, it takes a really long time for a file that small.
They take that long? I should have just left it after all. It can be hard to tell if it was actually doing anything.

Burtyboom

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me. I can connect to the wupserver fine however when I go to upload the rom file it starts to upload, then just says "d2". Ive tried moving brain training from the sysnand to usb drive and it does the same thing (with the modified upload command to usb). For some reason I cant get it to just upload.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone can help me with my problem im using wupclient to install haxchi it installed the rom.zip ok but installing the config.txt i get this error https://imgur.com/a/k80ty and here is what my config.txt looks like https://imgur.com/a/9raTP im not exactly sure if my config.txt is correct? I get the same error if i install to usb or the system memory.

Last edited by worm28,

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me. I can connect to the wupserver fine however when I go to upload the rom file it starts to upload, then just says "d2". Ive tried moving brain training from the sysnand to usb drive and it does the same thing (with the modified upload command to usb). For some reason I cant get it to just upload.
sounds about right to me. have you tried running it yet?

Maybe someone can help me with my problem im using wupclient to install haxchi it installed the rom.zip ok but installing the config.txt i get this error https://imgur.com/a/k80ty and here is what my config.txt looks like https://imgur.com/a/9raTP im not exactly sure if my config.txt is correct? I get the same error if i install to usb or the system memory.

why did you add spaces before the w.chmod? python apparently doesnt like that

Last edited by tvall,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
What is that chmod thing?

THIS:
In Unix-like operating systems, chmod is the command and system call which may change the access permissions to file system objects (files and directories). It may also alter special mode flags. The request is filtered by the umask. The name is an abbreviation of change mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night