Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm installing this loader onto my brother in law's Wii using a FAT32 partition on his drive, when I tried to install cIOS222 using IOS249, it code dumped on me, why is it code dumping? using 249 rev 17 as well

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
You probably saved global settings on your old drive. That would put partition=WBFS1 into settings.cfg which will override config.txt. As you are requesting to read WBFS1, it will tell you it doesn't exist, or will select that partition if you just added a WBFS partition in your re-partitioning.

The fix is really simple. If you had pushed A when it said it couldn't find the WBFS1 partition, then it would have taken you to the partition selection page and you could have chosen your FAT one. Seeing as it seems you have now created a WBFS partition, you can also access that page via the global options page then going to the partition line and pushing left or right. After you select the FAT partition, save global options and it will be remembered in settings.cfg. Alternatively, read your existing settings.cfg file in the Configurator, change the value of the partition option to FAT1 and save it back.

You can remove the extra partition you added and return it to all FAT32 again if you like.

Also, it is strongly suggested you replace the Cfg boot.dol with 52a2-fat.dol, which will set the defaults to a more convenient set of values for your FAT drive setup and not load IOS249 during the startup process.

ok, I saved the global options for the FAT1 partition and its not giving me the error anymore.
but its still not showing the game I put there, it says 'no games found' , but after it calculates the space its showing 4.38GB used.

I deleted the other partition I had created, but I noticed a FAT16 partition there for P#2. what is this one? do I need it ?
I didn't make that one , it just came up after I deleted the WBFS partition.

and, how do I do this " replace the Cfg boot.dol with 52a2-fat.dol" ?

WiiNero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rename 52a2-fat.dol to boot.dol and replace your "old" boot.dol
wink.gif

ElBeano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm, I've searched around a ton, and I'm probably just missing something... sorry if this is a repeat question.

After trying to launch something in the newest version of Config. USB Loader with IOS223_Mload, I'm getting the error: "ehcmodule2 no longer included! external file ehcmodule.elf must be used!" and "[+] Error: Loading EHC module! (-1)".

I tried downloading ehcmodule4.elf_port1 and putting it into the sd:\usb-loader folder, but I still get the message. I tried renaming it to ehcmodule.elf, ehcmodule2.elf, ehcmodule4.elf, etc, and no matter what I get the message.

Any ideas?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
I'm installing this loader onto my brother in law's Wii using a FAT32 partition on his drive, when I tried to install cIOS222 using IOS249, it code dumped on me, why is it code dumping? using 249 rev 17 as well
Are you trying to do a networked install? Try the offline one. IOS222 has issues if you use LAN adaptors or have strange network settings.

drizzt007 said:
ok, I saved the global options for the FAT1 partition and its not giving me the error anymore.
but its still not showing the game I put there, it says 'no games found' , but after it calculates the space its showing 4.38GB used.
Try using the loader to install a game you own, e.g., Wii Sports. You do that by pushing +. Then have a look on the drive and you will likely realise what you are doing wrong with the other game.

QUOTE said:
I deleted the other partition I had created, but I noticed a FAT16 partition there for P#2. what is this one? do I need it ?
I didn't make that one , it just came up after I deleted the WBFS partition.
This is either a little bit of leftover space, or your partition app reformatted the empty partition to FAT16 to delete it.

and, how do I do this " replace the Cfg boot.dol with 52a2-fat.dol" ?
I think the others have already covered this one, but here it is again just to be clear. Download the cfg52a2-fat.dol file and then put it into your apps subdirectory for Cfg as boot.dol, replacing the one that was already there. Now that you have the loader working again, you could just do an online install to that version instead, if you like.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bnm81002 said:
Are you trying to do a networked install? Try the offline one. IOS222 has issues if you use LAN adaptors or have strange network settings.

I used IOS36 instead and it installed correctly and the loader is working via FAT32 partition, strange that it code dumped, it didn't happen on my Wii or my brother's Wii whne I installed cIOS222

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a Configuration question i used the Configurator to try get my default desplay to look like this
ace79j.png

is the correct code

Code:
gui = start
gui_transition = scroll
gui_style = frontrow
gui_rows = 1
gui_antialias = 2
clock_style = 12am
simple = 0
confirm_start = 1
disable_remove = 1

however it still comes up with the multiple row display first. not sure why

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
julz1 said:
however it still comes up with the multiple row display first. not sure why
The pictured style is called coverflow3d, so you should change it to that, although it doesn't explain why frontrow isn't working...

frontrow should make it display with a sequence of covers receding into the screen towards the right.

Edit: Actually, yeah, the post below answers the question. You have a different setting of gui_style in settings.cfg. Change or delete that one.

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Select your prefered GUI layout and then save your preference by saving the global options.
Your prefered GUI will then be loaded by default by CFG.

The GUI layout used to be preserved between sessions (unless there was a setting in config.txt) but, that behaviour has now changed (v51?) and it is now saved when CFG's Global Options are saved.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Ramzee said:
Select your prefered GUI layout and then save your preference by saving the global options.

The GUI layout used to be preserved between sessions (unless there was a setting in config.txt) but, that behaviour has now changed (v51?) and it is now saved when CFG's Global Options are saved.
No, it was never preserved between sessions. It has been saved in settings.cfg for a very long time (v35).

@Ramzee: you can also get control back by editing settings.cfg to remove the gui_style option or set it to your wanted value.

@julz1: this was almost certainly your problem too (I should have known).

kukupo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiluver135 said:
kukupo said:
So for a while I've been playing Brawl+ with texture hack using the real disc of Smash Bros Brawl and GeckoOS 1.9.3. I recently decided to install the game into my USB HDD and see if it loads from there. The game itself loads fine but every time I try to apply Ocarina cheats (to make brawl+/texture hack active) it doesn't work. The game will load and then suddenly go into a black screen. Anyone know if there's a way to get brawl+/texture hack to work on usbloader?

P.S. I have cIOS 249 rev17 and cIOS 222/223 v4 installed and I'm using NTFS on my USB. The game works fine since it loads without the Ocarina enabled and the codes are good too since it works with GeckoOS 1.9.3 with the real disc.

*cough*fix*very heavy cough*

Thanks for the help, the game at least starts up now but none of the file patcher stuff works (texures hack) I'm guessing the only way to get this to work perfectly is using neogamma. I guess Brawl+ will be the only game I won't be running on config usb loader.

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ramzee said:

Thanks man that was annoying me for ages

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
OK im using a pal wii. Configurable lastest version wbfs
im playing House Of Dead 2 & 3 NTSC with no setting changed.
It boots up fine however it lets me play House of the dead 3 but returns to Wii Menu when i try to play House of the dead 2. Is this happened because of my settings or because the ISO was probably a bad rip. this is really strange
huh.gif

werewolferx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.adamra.com
XP
Country
Mexico
julz1 said:
OK im using a pal wii. Configurable lastest version wbfs
im playing House Of Dead 2 & 3 NTSC with no setting changed.
It boots up fine however it lets me play House of the dead 3 but returns to Wii Menu when i try to play House of the dead 2. Is this happened because of my settings or because the ISO was probably a bad rip. this is really strange
huh.gif

Don't worry pal, the problem is that you need to load the alt-dol, just go to settings and load up the hod2 dol and ready to play this awesome game.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: