Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
julz1 said:
If you wanted to edit the wiitdb file to edit the games descriptions does config read the zip or will it read the xml file if you extracted then edited it. or do i have to extract it edit it. then re zip it

Don't do it because I tried it myself and any tiny mistake you do and the xml will go corrupt and the loader won't boot. Go to wiitdb.com and edit the info from there. Then next time you download the wiitdb.zip you'll see your changes. This way you will be supporting wiitdb and any user that uses wiitdb for one reason or another.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matcon5 said:
Is there a compatibility list for drives that work? I thought I saw a link to something like that, but seemed to have miss placed it.

Since it seems enclosures and IDE/SATA drives might be problematic.
Or can someone recommend what I could use. My Wii's laser is dying and I need a way to play my games
smile.gif

Thanks in advance.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...patibility_List

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
julz1 said:
If you wanted to edit the wiitdb file to edit the games descriptions does config read the zip or will it read the xml file if you extracted then edited it. or do i have to extract it edit it. then re zip it
As Burton said, edit it on the WiiTDB site instead if it's something that will help everyone. If it's something only suitable for you, then you do have to rezip the file at the end.

daleybox said:
QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Jan 25 2010, 09:49 PM) Thus, if you use a coverflow GUI to view your games, you can have the full or 2D covers in combination with disc art when you select a game. All the console and gridflow views are limited to one type at a time, though.

I'm using the coverflow3D GUI style, so how can I make it show the disc art when I select a game? Right now all I see is the cover again...
cover_style = disc in config.txt

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xflak40 said:
matcon,

the Western Digital My Passports (portable external HDs) or Western Digital My Books (external HD, not portable) have great compatibility. (these range in size)

u can find these at your local tigerdirect, bestbuy, costco, maybe futureshop etc.

here's an add for the My Passport on Costco's website

Isn't it true that harddisk with hardware-based encryption is not compatible with USB Loader ?

majorpdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I noticed that you mentioned the black bar at the bottom of the screen in 576i mode, however i only get this once i actually select a game or go into the global settings?

Is this the same thing or is this my tv doing this?

Thanks

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok quick question before I reformat my HDD to WBFS again: I was playing TvC UAS for hours after I installed it, then I got a brawl message from my friend so I loaded up brawl and it gave me a green screen disc read error...so I went back into CFG and deleted the ISO and reinstalled it. It loaded up fine, then I went back to TvC but when I tried to load it up CFG gave me an error: wbfs panic error reading disc and now TvC wn't load. Should I just reinstall it again? Or will this keep happening?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
majorpdd said:
Hi,

I noticed that you mentioned the black bar at the bottom of the screen in 576i mode, however i only get this once i actually select a game or go into the global settings?

Is this the same thing or is this my tv doing this?

Thanks
It is the 576i problem. If your TV can handle it, I suggest setting your Wii to 480i anyway as some games seem to prefer it (e.g., it is impossible to play some of the Rayman Raving Rabbids minigames in 576i mode).

QUOTE(TheColonel @ Jan 27 2010, 11:57 AM) Anyone knows if this loader can be used to load GameCube titles or multiboot (GC) games ?
No, it can't, but it should play original GameCube discs very soon...

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
supersonic5000 said:
I would like to request a random button please. I always go through my list over and over and can't decide on a game. XD

+1
smile.gif

Edit : I see it's still xmas here at gbatemp
laugh.gif

I would also love this feature.
biggrin.gif
. Also, the ability to boot disks via the Wii Drive Slot without requiring a USB plugged to get to the menu.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
kornychaos said:
Also, the ability to boot disks via the Wii Drive Slot without requiring a USB plugged to get to the menu.
how about, when the app is just starting up and its counting to 30 to mount the drive it will auto-load the disk if a certain button is pressed (like 1)

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
kornychaos said:
Also, the ability to boot disks via the Wii Drive Slot without requiring a USB plugged to get to the menu.
how about, when the app is just starting up and its counting to 30 to mount the drive it will auto-load the disk if a certain button is pressed (like 1)

I already figured out I can just have it autoload the FAT partition of my SD card (with themes!) and I can access the menu from there w/o USB.
I don't know if what you were saying was a feature request or it's already implemented, but either way my problem is solved. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
drizzt007 said:
is it possible to install configurable USB loader as a full channel?
if so, how do I do it?
I have it installed using the channel forwarder, but want to do it without the SD card.
There are full channel versions in the first post of the thread. They are called 'hybrids' now. However, a much better way to remove the need for the SD card is to just copy your sd:/apps/usbloader and sd:/usb-loader directories (and anything else associated with the loader) to a FAT partition on your USB drive. The forwarders work with that too.

Of course, if your drive is fully WBFS, then you will need to reformat. Perhaps it's time to convert to a FAT partition.

hi Dr. Clipper,

I just got around to trying this today, I have a couple of questions though.

I just got a larger HD, and formatted it to FAT32, but I can't access the hard drive .

its saying WBFS1 not found, I have a WBFS folder with a game in it.

when I format the drive , do I still need a WBFS partition? I just want to clear this up , I thought I was supposed to make the whole thing a FAT32.

ok, I just re-partitioned the drive , but I still can't see the game on the FAT32 partition.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
drizzt007 said:
hi Dr. Clipper,

I just got around to trying this today, I have a couple of questions though.

I just got a larger HD, and formatted it to FAT32, but I can't access the hard drive .

its saying WBFS1 not found, I have a WBFS folder with a game in it.

when I format the drive , do I still need a WBFS partition? I just want to clear this up , I thought I was supposed to make the whole thing a FAT32.

ok, I just re-partitioned the drive , but I still can't see the game on the FAT32 partition.
You probably saved global settings on your old drive. That would put partition=WBFS1 into settings.cfg which will override config.txt. As you are requesting to read WBFS1, it will tell you it doesn't exist, or will select that partition if you just added a WBFS partition in your re-partitioning.

The fix is really simple. If you had pushed A when it said it couldn't find the WBFS1 partition, then it would have taken you to the partition selection page and you could have chosen your FAT one. Seeing as it seems you have now created a WBFS partition, you can also access that page via the global options page then going to the partition line and pushing left or right. After you select the FAT partition, save global options and it will be remembered in settings.cfg. Alternatively, read your existing settings.cfg file in the Configurator, change the value of the partition option to FAT1 and save it back.

You can remove the extra partition you added and return it to all FAT32 again if you like.

Also, it is strongly suggested you replace the Cfg boot.dol with 52a2-fat.dol, which will set the defaults to a more convenient set of values for your FAT drive setup and not load IOS249 during the startup process.

rr20552

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a quick question with the Disc Launcher

I have an "original" copy of Your Shape which has a USB camera.

I know that none of the USB loaders currently support this game as it uses a new IOS (58) but I was hoping to launch the CD via CFG.

When I try and launch it (from CD) its still trying to use IOS 222 which fails to detect the camera.

Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible?

If it's not possible is there a way to exit to the System Menu from within CFG as I autoboot CFG via Priiloader!

Thanks in advance

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rr20552 said:
Got a quick question with the Disc Launcher

I have an "original" copy of Your Shape which has a USB camera.

I know that none of the USB loaders currently support this game as it uses a new IOS (58) but I was hoping to launch the CD via CFG.

When I try and launch it (from CD) its still trying to use IOS 222 which fails to detect the camera.

Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible?
Currently not possible because of the cIOS not supporting the camera

If it's not possible is there a way to exit to the System Menu from within CFG as I autoboot CFG via Priiloader!
There was a system menu .dol floating around somewher that you can insert into a wii iso and then just launch that from your USB loader and theat would launch the system menu.

Thanks in advance

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hi oggzee, I have a feature request

It would nice if the loader reads a second title file, perhaps named as 'my-titles.txt' or 'titles-local.txt'. If exists the titles of this new file overrides the standard titles.txt.

Reason: Some games of me have special names different from WiitDB and the online update of the loader will override my changes.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimm said:

It would nice if the loader reads a second title file, perhaps named as 'my-titles.txt' or 'titles-local.txt'. If exists the titles of this new file overrides the standard titles.txt.

Reason: Some games of me have special names different from WiitDB and the online update of the loader will override my changes.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=2557530

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
Wiimm said:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=2557530

would be better naming it customtitles.txt so you know which was actually the custom titles and if its found in usb-loader or apps/usbloader_cfg then it would override any other titles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!