Hacking Configurable USB Loader

WILL-KILL

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys Ive Checked on the Updates And ChangeLogs On The USB loader But None Of Them Seem To Allow Hooktypes For The Gecko 1.9. Would you guys Be Able To Add Them or Tell me How To Make It So I Can load The Game From The USB onto Gecko? That Would Be AWESOME if You Could. oh and +1 cause it rocks
tongue.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
WILL-KILL said:
Hey guys Ive Checked on the Updates And ChangeLogs On The USB loader But None Of Them Seem To Allow Hooktypes For The Gecko 1.9. Would you guys Be Able To Add Them or Tell me How To Make It So I Can load The Game From The USB onto Gecko? That Would Be AWESOME if You Could. oh and +1 cause it rocks
tongue.gif
None of the current developers care about cheats. If somebody who does care were to write the code to implement hook types, there would be no problems merging the changes into the current and future versions of the loader. The source for v50 is located here for anybody who is interested. A tip for compiling is to use libogc 1.7.1 and devkitpro v17.

Also, please only capitalise the first word of a sentence and proper nouns from now on. Your question was very annoying to read.

kukupo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for a while I've been playing Brawl+ with texture hack using the real disc of Smash Bros Brawl and GeckoOS 1.9.3. I recently decided to install the game into my USB HDD and see if it loads from there. The game itself loads fine but every time I try to apply Ocarina cheats (to make brawl+/texture hack active) it doesn't work. The game will load and then suddenly go into a black screen. Anyone know if there's a way to get brawl+/texture hack to work on usbloader?

P.S. I have cIOS 249 rev17 and cIOS 222/223 v4 installed and I'm using NTFS on my USB. The game works fine since it loads without the Ocarina enabled and the codes are good too since it works with GeckoOS 1.9.3 with the real disc.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
majorpdd said:
Hi,

I noticed that you mentioned the black bar at the bottom of the screen in 576i mode, however i only get this once i actually select a game or go into the global settings?

Is this the same thing or is this my tv doing this?

Thanks

It is the 576i problem. If your TV can handle it, I suggest setting your Wii to 480i anyway as some games seem to prefer it (e.g., it is impossible to play some of the Rayman Raving Rabbids minigames in 576i mode).

i run mine as 576i mode because if i try and run 480i (when it is a 480i tv) lots of the hbc apps etc get cut off every where is there something else i can change...? if i zoom out on my tv i notice im missing stuff even on the 576i setting

nikeymikey said:
QUOTE(rr20552 @ Jan 27 2010, 01:52 PM)
Got a quick question with the Disc Launcher
snip

If it's not possible is there a way to exit to the System Menu from within CFG as I autoboot CFG via Priiloader!
There was a system menu .dol floating around somewher that you can insert into a wii iso and then just launch that from your USB loader and theat would launch the system menu.

Thanks in advance

where would i get this dol and how would i slip it into a wii iso?
as i too run auto boot to cgf but would like to go to system menu sometimes would it be like just a game in the list that u would name system menu...?

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kukupo said:
So for a while I've been playing Brawl+ with texture hack using the real disc of Smash Bros Brawl and GeckoOS 1.9.3. I recently decided to install the game into my USB HDD and see if it loads from there. The game itself loads fine but every time I try to apply Ocarina cheats (to make brawl+/texture hack active) it doesn't work. The game will load and then suddenly go into a black screen. Anyone know if there's a way to get brawl+/texture hack to work on usbloader?

P.S. I have cIOS 249 rev17 and cIOS 222/223 v4 installed and I'm using NTFS on my USB. The game works fine since it loads without the Ocarina enabled and the codes are good too since it works with GeckoOS 1.9.3 with the real disc.

See Dr Clipper's post right above yours, Re: None of the current developers care about cheats.
This means that if cheats are broken/not working:
1. We wouldn't know about it.
2. We wouldn't care.
smile.gif

Adding this functionality sounds about as exciting as adding internationalization. So if gannon gets the flu again maybe he'll do it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
usptactical said:
Adding this functionality sounds about as exciting as adding internationalization. So if gannon gets the flu again maybe he'll do it.
lol, u had to say it, now half the community will be hoping for gannon to get sick! lol, jks jks

great work on this guys, really top shelf

Cheers.

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Wiimm said:
Hi oggzee, I have a feature request

It would nice if the loader reads a second title file, perhaps named as 'my-titles.txt' or 'titles-local.txt'. If exists the titles of this new file overrides the standard titles.txt.

Reason: Some games of me have special names different from WiitDB and the online update of the loader will override my changes.

+1

If you can name it 'CustomTitles.txt' that would fit nicely with what I already have set up.
smile.gif

The second "custom" file only contains titles you want to override the WiiTDB ones.

A few users have requested a titles file merger function in WBM, but this would be much better. Regardless of the filename decided on, this would be a useful feature IMO.

Cheers.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
fig2k4 said:
Wiimm said:

It would nice if the loader reads a second title file, perhaps named as 'my-titles.txt' or 'titles-local.txt'. If exists the titles of this new file overrides the standard titles.txt.

Reason: Some games of me have special names different from WiitDB and the online update of the loader will override my changes.

+1

If you can name it 'CustomTitles.txt' that would fit nicely with what I already have set up.
smile.gif

The second "custom" file only contains titles you want to override the WiiTDB ones.

A few users have requested a titles file merger function in WBM, but this would be much better. Regardless of the filename decided on, this would be a useful feature IMO.

Cheers.
make that +2
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
fig2k4 said:
Wiimm said:

+1

smile.gif

Cheers.
make that +2
wink.gif
We had a better idea, so I thought I'd explain it.

Current path for getting titles is the following sequence. The last option that has a title for a given game is the one that is used for that game.[*]name from disc image[*]directory name (FAT/NTFS)[*]titles.txt in base folder (e.g., sd:/usb-loader)[*]titles.txt in apps subfolder (e.g., sd:/apps/USBLoader)So currently you can use the titles.txt from the apps subfolder as the custom titles file.

What we propose is to add the titles from inside wiitdb.zip to this sequence so that the new sequence is:[*]name from disc image[*]directory name (FAT/NTFS)
[*]wiitdb.zip[*]titles.txt in base folder (e.g., sd:/usb-loader)[*]titles.txt in apps subfolder (e.g., sd:/apps/USBLoader)This makes both titles.txt files into custom titles files, and removes the need to download both of wiitdb.zip and titles.txt whenever a new game launches and so on (you would only need to download wiitdb.zip).

We think this eliminates the need for a new filename as the current one would serve the same purpose. Is this a suitable change?

Edit: One more thing, if you are scared of overwriting your titles.txt file via accidental download, just obfuscate the titles_url option value (e.g., titles_url = 0)

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, for everyone struggling with a good working forwarder for use with priiloader.
this is the first one I found which is working without any issues for me (4.1E/Priiloader 0.3 v48/hbc 1.06/cfg v52a2).
No more codedumps after quitting a game, all return options working fine.

You can download the forwarder_apps-usbloader.dol at this Link at comment #38.
Many thanks to baduncles for creating it.

After a long period of good service I have to say goodbye to Preloader which now has started his early retirement
grog.gif

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
What we propose is to add the titles from inside wiitdb.zip to this sequence so that the new sequence is:[*]name from disc image[*]directory name (FAT/NTFS)
[*]wiitdb.zip[*]titles.txt in base folder (e.g., sd:/usb-loader)[*]titles.txt in apps subfolder (e.g., sd:/apps/USBLoader)This makes both titles.txt files into custom titles files, and removes the need to download both of wiitdb.zip and titles.txt whenever a new game launches and so on (you would only need to download wiitdb.zip).

We think this eliminates the need for a new filename as the current one would serve the same purpose. Is this a suitable change?
I have cfg installed with priiloader and I don't have an apps subfolder. For me personally, it would be better to replace number 5 with "CustomTitles.txt in base folder (e.g., sd:/usb-loader)"

But that's just me.
smile.gif
I'm sure the current and future setup will work for 99% of users and I can easily create that folder for the extra titles.txt.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
I have cfg installed with priiloader and I don't have an apps subfolder. For me personally, it would be better to replace number 5 with "CustomTitles.txt in base folder (e.g., sd:/usb-loader)"

But that's just me.
smile.gif
I'm sure the current and future setup will work for 99% of users and I can easily create that folder for the extra titles.txt.
Do you really need two custom titles files, though? One named titles.txt and the other named CustomTitles.txt? What's the point of having two? At the moment, I can see you needing it, as wiitdb is not an option yet. However, once it is, then as long as you have wiitdb.zip, you can use titles.txt to only store your custom overrides. Do you really need a CustomTitles.txt to store overrides on top of the ones you have in titles.txt?

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wiiuser2 said:
Hi, for everyone struggling with a good working forwarder for use with priiloader.
this is the first one I found which is working without any issues for me (4.1E/Priiloader 0.3 v48/hbc 1.06/cfg v52a2).
No more codedumps after quitting a game, all return options working fine.

You can download the forwarder_apps-usbloader.dol at this Link at comment #38.
Many thanks to baduncles for creating it.

After a long period of good service I have to say goodbye to Preloader which now has started his early retirement
grog.gif
Which one the first one or second? do u still get a black screen? did u made a txt file with the line to tell what to do??

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey guys in the new version u can sort games with titles, last play ...... but how do u make the loader to remember that he must sort something like Play count?? i choose with A ,save global settings restart loader , but he keeps choosing title ascending .....what am i doing wrong?? thanxx in advance

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kukupo said:

*cough*fix*very heavy cough*

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
theclear said:
hey guys in the new version u can sort games with titles, last play ...... but how do u make the loader to remember that he must sort something like Play count?? i choose with A ,save global settings restart loader , but he keeps choosing title ascending .....what am i doing wrong?? thanxx in advance
It can only be set in config.txt. For play count ascending, you would want:

sort = play_count-asc

The other values can be found in the Configurator and README-CFG.txt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...