ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ tryantar
I only used lptexttool to convert between txrc and bin. I didn't use txrcdump at all.

I made my own tool for the scripts extract/insert so I'm not sure how txrcdump works. (My tool is pretty crappy. It requires a lot of manual calculation and hex edit. I'll see if I can code a better tool. If I can, I'll post the tool here later.)

tryantar

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@ tryantar
I only used lptexttool to convert between txrc and bin. I didn't use txrcdump at all.

I made my own tool for the scripts extract/insert so I'm not sure how txrcdump works. (My tool is pretty crappy. It requires a lot of manual calculation and hex edit. I'll see if I can code a better tool. If I can, I'll post the tool here later.)

O.o... okay that is waaaay beyond what i can do... But I'll be so grateful if you can share your tool. or maybe teach us how to make one?

Apparently (from my limited knowledge & google) the bin file dumped from lptexttool is still in txrc format... As in when i open the file.. it has a header(that what you call them?) TXRC[<--weird letters + varicode starts from this point on] (see attachment)
And i can also conclude that it is still in TXRC format because txrcdump.exe will not accept any other input aside from a txrc file. if you dump in a non txrc file it will not run and will give you txrc error (as previously stated). Thus if my output file from lptexttool is accepted by txrcdump. it would mean it is still a txrc file.

Btw.. hexworkshop just gives me lots of dots and @ #$$ etc...

tonikaku, It'd be great if you can enlighten us on this subject.

Sincerely,
I'm almost gonna pull my hair out...

Attachments

• SC.png
    SC.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 745

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ tryantar
If you know some programming, you can also make your own tool. But that means you must understand the file structures of this game. It's pretty much finding the text pointers (or offsets), extracting text. And then reverse the process of putting text back to the file without breaking anything.

For TXRC, the original file is encrypted. (The text in it is scrambled in a way that you can't read.) Lptexttool decrypts it to make it readable but the file header remains TXRC.

If you use hexeditor to view the decrypted file, you should see (Japanese) text somewhere at the bottom of the file but you need to view it with UTF-8 encoding. (In most game scripts, you won't just see the text. There are codes and pointers and other stuff at the beginning of the files.)

By the way, I hope that you already knew that main scripts aren't in these txrc files. They are packed in tmx_event.arc and you'll need to unpack, decompress, and decrypt the tmx_event subfiles if you want to translate the dialogs. (gd_textres files only contain miscellaneous text like items, locations, mails, system commands, etc.)

tryantar

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@ tryantar
If you know some programming, you can also make your own tool. But that means you must understand the file structures of this game. It's pretty much finding the text pointers (or offsets), extracting text. And then reverse the process of putting text back to the file without breaking anything.

For TXRC, the original file is encrypted. (The text in it is scrambled in a way that you can't read.) Lptexttool decrypts it to make it readable but the file header remains TXRC.

If you use hexeditor to view the decrypted file, you should see (Japanese) text somewhere at the bottom of the file but you need to view it with UTF-8 encoding. (In most game scripts, you won't just see the text. There are codes and pointers and other stuff at the beginning of the files.)

By the way, I hope that you already knew that main scripts aren't in these txrc files. They are packed in tmx_event.arc and you'll need to unpack, decompress, and decrypt the tmx_event subfiles if you want to translate the dialogs. (gd_textres files only contain miscellaneous text like items, locations, mails, system commands, etc.)

Okaaaaye :) THanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try.
Well i kinda knew since most of it is just single word names and names of stuff like zoo:giraffe etc.. But what i want to achieve atm is just a proof of concept that i can decompile and edit and recompile and be able to play along with the translations.

Anyways thanks for pointing me in the right direction :) I'll see what i can do! Love plus + HERE I COME!!!!!!! Oh and btw... how about the menu image files? they are in dat format so...... same as the above? encrypted?

P/s: Please tell me there is an arc compiler out there....

Did you use Arcdump.exe? or your own code? @.@ now i can translate stuff but no arccmpiler....

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ tryantar
Please check your PM. I made a tool but not sure if it works perfectly. So you have to test it yourself and let me know if there's any problem.
(Better find out the problem fast. My programming skill is getting worse. ^_^")

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
tryantar i hope your efforts are successful, thank you so much for starting this project!
Jjjewel as always, the most helpful of us all^__^

D

Deleted User

i cant play this game on my r4i gold (the one from r4ids.cn, on the newest wood) the patched rom but also the clean rom both give me a white screen
EDIT: NVM works after formatting for the 5th time xD

zael91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
did anyone manage to get this working with a 3ds and dstwo flashcard? keep getting white screen even after reformatting the card a couple of times :'(

Prusik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did anyone manage to get this working with a 3ds and dstwo flashcard? keep getting white screen even after reformatting the card a couple of times :'(
If you read my post a on page 63, I have used all 3 different system with 4 different flashcards, and 3ds + dstwo are what I am using.
Never have such problem. Make sure your microSD card is properly formatted, and your flashcard has the latest update.

Waynec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Note To Flash Card Users nintendo blocks All flash cards On thare 3ds Systems So if you have a System thast is V6 You can Put Your Flash Cards into the Grave Yard BeCose no matter wat you do It carnt be done i should know i tryd usdeing Gateway 3ds flasdh card On my 3ds And i received a error

The Only Way you could use a flash card on your 3ds Is if Your 3ds Has the Old Firmware Version ie befor v4.5 Anything arfter v4.5 Is Flash Card Blocked

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note To Flash Card Users nintendo blocks All flash cards On thare 3ds Systems So if you have a System thast is V6 You can Put Your Flash Cards into the Grave Yard BeCose no matter wat you do It carnt be done i should know i tryd usdeing Gateway 3ds flasdh card On my 3ds And i received a error

The Only Way you could use a flash card on your 3ds Is if Your 3ds Has the Old Firmware Version ie befor v4.5 Anything arfter v4.5 Is Flash Card Blocked
DS flashcards go up to 6.3.0-12U/E/J/K?.
3DS Flashcards go up to 4.5.0-10U/E/J/K?

Waynec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DS flashcards go up to 6.3.0-12U/E/J/K?.

All Cards Are Blocked I have tried Gateway 3ds With its Latest Firmware Loader And installer And my 3dds (Pal) Throws Me an Error meaning it wont alow Flash card installer To Run Same goes with the launcher

You could Try to Set your 3ds to Factory defult but even than The firmware version will still be v6??? I Tried The only console that Gate way Will Work on is nds ndsi ndsi xl

Since nintendo no longer update firmware for thows consoles anymore Their main Goal and focus is the Curent 3ds and 3ds xl And the 2ds The ds/dsi/dsixl Are Obsolete ( outdated ) in nintendos opinion

Xexyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Cuards Arte Blockted I have tryd Gateway 3ds With its Latest Firmware Loader And installer And my 3dds (Pal) Throws Me an Error meaning it wont alow Flash card installer To Run Same goes with the luirnncher

You could Try to Set your 3ds to Factory defult but even than The fermware versdon weill still be v6??? I Tryd The only console that Gate way Will Work on is nds ndsi ndsi xl

Since nintendo no longer update firmware for thows consoles anymore Thare main Gole and focus is the Curent 3ds and 3ds xl And the 2ds The ds/dsi/dsixl Are Obsolete ( outdated ) in nintendos opinion
I can't read what you typed. Also Gateway ONLY works on 3DS on FW 4.1-4.5

Waynec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hearsw a post From nintendo lifew About The Flash Cards being blockted

Nintendo Blocks 3DS Flashcard With Latest Firmware Update

Posted Sat 22nd Jun 2013 19:15 by Andy Green

Nintendo is using system updates to restrict illegal activity
It didn't take long
A short while ago a functional 3DS flashcard emergedinto view that gave people the opportunity to play ROMS on their 3DS.
ROMS are a particularly touchy subject as many do in fact use them as a means of backing up legally owned content. However, the Nintendo DS suffered greatly because of them as many flashcard users downloaded tonnes of games they had not purchased, meaning they did not legally own the software.
Nintendo has said it will be utilising system updates on the 3DS to put a stop to the use of flashcards and it seems it has done just that as the company that manufactured the flashcard has confirmed the latest firmware update has stopped it from being compatible with the 3DS.
Nintendo seems to be on the ball with its defence against illegal behaviour on the 3DS. This is largely down to the fact the 3DS has a much more advanced online infrastructure than the DS did. Thanks to firmware updates such as this, the company can keep on top of restricting illegal activity.
Naturally, we encourage discussion on this subject in the comment section, but please observe ourCommunity Rules, and refrain from straying from this particular topic or posting any links "to any download sites, torrents or
other resources that allow users to gain access to illegal content or related activities"
.Thanks to Ryan Millar for the tip Source http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/nintendo_blocks_3ds_flashcard_with_latest_firmware_update

Xexyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hearsw a post From nintendo lifew About The Flash Cards being blockted

Nintendo Blocks 3DS Flashcard With Latest Firmware Update

Posted Sat 22nd Jun 2013 19:15 by Andy Green

*snip*http://images.nintendolife.com/news...latest_firmware_update/attachment/0/large.jpg
Nintendo is using system updates to restrict illegal activity
It didn't take long
A short while ago a functional 3DS flashcard emergedinto view that gave people the opportunity to play ROMS on their 3DS.
ROMS are a particularly touchy subject as many do in fact use them as a means of backing up legally owned content. However, the Nintendo DS suffered greatly because of them as many flashcard users downloaded tonnes of games they had not purchased, meaning they did not legally own the software.
Nintendo has said it will be utilising system updates on the 3DS to put a stop to the use of flashcards and it seems it has done just that as the company that manufactured the flashcard has confirmed the latest firmware update has stopped it from being compatible with the 3DS.
Nintendo seems to be on the ball with its defence against illegal behaviour on the 3DS. This is largely down to the fact the 3DS has a much more advanced online infrastructure than the DS did. Thanks to firmware updates such as this, the company can keep on top of restricting illegal activity.
Naturally, we encourage discussion on this subject in the comment section, but please observe ourCommunity Rules, and refrain from straying from this particular topic or posting any links "to any download sites, torrents or
other resources that allow users to gain access to illegal content or related activities"
.Thanks to Ryan Millar for the tip
I know that already.

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For those who play LovePlus+ and want more capsule AR codes for the iphone/ipad app, or just want the AR codes anyway.. here they are.
(These can be used in the iphone/ipad apps for changing hairstyles or viewing the little local content collectables, not sure if there are any more uses.)

1308333330629.jpg

1308333218310.jpg

1308333438721.jpg

Waynec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Love Plus Plus Has Ap Becose The Creator Didnt Like Outsdiders ( Forinors) Translateing/patching His Creaqtion Into English So thare for He/she Made It in a way that it would be a Exsttreamaly Dificalt for Translaters To Translate the data of the game Ap basicalyt anti piretcy Is a pice of code that reports back to the companty that a producy has been breachted and tampered with )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!! +1