ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

Prusik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the patch!

Just wondering if there is a chance for us to get a fix the post-kissing froze problem? I can't seem to do anything but restart the whole thing.
Load save state will only bring me back to the freezing screen.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the patch!

Just wondering if there is a chance for us to get a fix the post-kissing froze problem? I can't seem to do anything but restart the whole thing.
Load save state will only bring me back to the freezing screen.
I can't reproduce this error on my r4 cart so I don't know what I should do to fix it. So, unless someone can specify the cause of this problem, there won't be a fix patch for this.

Prusik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm now 100% sure this problem is from using the auto function. As long as I skip through text manually, nothing freeze.
So derp, I waste my money buying 3 different cards just for this game. haha :lol:

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm now 100% sure this problem is from using the auto function. As long as I skip through text manually, nothing freeze.
So derp, I waste my money buying 3 different cards just for this game. haha :lol:

Okay. Thanks for reporting. I'll add this to the FAQs. ^_^
(BTW, is this auto function problem only occurred on 3DS or on DS as well? I don't have the game on my card anymore so I can't test.)

To think positively, you have more flash cards to play your games now. :D

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
it feels the problem is one specific sentence the girl tell you after skinship doesn't bring up any text or a text box therefore you have nowhere to click to go further..it happens with my blue Rinko all the time..
i'll try to memorize what she says when that happens so maybe that will help but will also try to avoid the auto function too like you advised..

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it feels the problem is one specific sentence the girl tell you after skinship doesn't bring up any text or a text box therefore you have nowhere to click to go further..it happens with my blue Rinko all the time..
i'll try to memorize what she says when that happens so maybe that will help but will also try to avoid the auto function too like you advised..
Okay, that'll help. I haven't touched the game for maybe over a year by now. I don't know if I still know how to fix it but I'll try. ^_^"

I have a question When should you make Love Plus +? Next year or this year later?
As I replied above, I haven't touched this game (both Love Plus and Love Plus +) for over a year. I feel like I've lost the motivation to hack/translate it, so it might be quite hopeless if you want to wait for me.

Prusik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have tried multiple dates, so I doubt it limited to only 1 sentence.

Okay. Thanks for reporting. I'll add this to the FAQs. ^_^
(BTW, is this auto function problem only occurred on 3DS or on DS as well? I don't have the game on my card anymore so I can't test.)

To think positively, you have more flash cards to play your games now. :D

This problem occurred on 3DS XL, Classic DS, DSi XL; using R4i 4.5, R4 Gold, DSTWO, R4i 1.45.
(I have tried all 12 possible combination, and different date settings with different hearts earned, etc.)
I get annoyed when something I spent too much time in doesn't work; so I spent more time figuring it out. :P

So for my side, the auto-text problem is 100% confirmed on Rinko. Since I stopped using it, I have not yet froze once (150ish in game days since).
Btw, thanks for the helps and work on the patch, jjjewel.

Unrelated to the game, there is a new system update on the 3DS; would updating the system requires another patch for the cards?

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i would like to point out that after playing NewLovePlus for more than a year I've recently decided to return back to playing LP/LP+ and i couldn't be happier.. NLP is more bad news than good, the problems take away any realism...

Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
lol, the trailer was created with those gorgeous graphics for TV and internet media but those graphics could never exist in NDS/3DS.

NLP promo (what we were promised) NLP GAME (what we eventually got):
t8sfivcecopy.png

Last edited by Dgrin,

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
My 3DS alway stuck at white screen when i try to play the game with or without patch. i am using r4 gold wood at 1.57 and firmware 4.10.0 11 e. can anyone help? it load all other game fine

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
My 3DS alway stuck at white screen when i try to play the game with or without patch. i am using r4 gold wood at 1.57 and firmware 4.10.0 11 e. can anyone help? it load all other game fine
I used YSmenu or Wood and it worked fine​
but i played it on DSlite and on R4 III upgrade (clone)

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
does no one else have and know how to fix white screen? any setting or whatnot?

i tried the rom on desmume and it work but somehow not my r4 card....help?

nvm just have to format the SD card to 16kb

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i just noticed the love plus guide doesn't mention most of the new features of LP+
under their "What's new in Love Plus +" section so i though i might add some of the ones i can remember now from the top of my head(i'm only rank 9, i'm sure there are more stuff for higher ranks):
LP+ / Second Part (After Confession)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-If you enter many times during each period you get more than one event for every period.(for example if you enter early you get the event of walking with the girl to school and then also another school related slot event after that)
-a lot more context when going to/returning from school (dialogues don't ever run out like in LP where you no longer hear the girl talk after you've listened to all the dialogues)
-more animation segments in "love plus mode", from examples like the girl taking a bath,taking a shower,using her mobile,enjoying a hot cup of tea or reading a magazine to many more added options in the menu like to exercise with the girl, change conversation mood and get comforted by the girl, lay next to the girl while she dozes off, export the girl's haircut and personality to other devices(like the iM/iR/iN apps),use the AR option and many more..
-swimsuit buying event, if you take the girl shopping at the mall during a date you will be given a new option to visit the swimsuit department where you and the girl can pick a swimsuit together while she models 3 random designs. If you buy a swimsuit then you're not allowed to revisit till next month.
-girl gets tan during the summer period,her complexion gets darker each time you visit the beach
-sick events, i'm not sure what triggers this but once in a while you get sick and the girl comes to your house to nurse you back to health if you do the needed requirements. The second event is when the girl gets sick herself.
-Fight event, if you neglect the girl too much you get into a fight where you have to beg the girl to forgive you.
-you can now choose "swimming class" as an option in your schedule during the hotter periods where the girls appears in their sports swimsuits
-study sessions and eating lunch boxes together have become much more frequent events.the girl also cooks for you.
-Home visit, The girl visits your apartment.
-you can reschedule a date or go to 2 different locations during one date
-a lot more CGI to collect while the tasks have been made a little easier to accomplish
-many more additional haircuts,outfits,items sold at the stores
-you can now skip skinship if you're in a hurry and sometimes if the girl is the one asking for skinship and you statistics are high you will be directed straight to kissing without having to collect the kisses
- Atami trip: at periods the girl will ask you if you want to go on a weekend trip, the event lasts all weekend you can only enter on RTM and there are small events every 10-30 minutes all through the day till late at night where the girl falls asleep in her futon and you try to wake her up by annoying her,lol..the hourly events stop at around 18:00 of Sunday and then the game goes back to normal view with both RTM/STM available again
-a wifi location game that can be only played in Japan and you win chibi little 3D dolls when you visit different prefectures in Japan and connect to each prefecture's wifi (you win 2 of each girl the moment you progress to the after confession part)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Dgrin,

tryantar

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@jjjewel. Do you by any chance have the Love Plus + Repacker? I mean for the txrc files.

Currently what I'm doing is

lptexttool.exe gd_textres01_jpn.txrc example.bin

txrcdump.exe example.bin output.bin

After this i can Freely translate any code within the file with Notepad++
but afterwards if i were to want to recompile the game, I'm quite certain that i would need to run the bin file backwards through the txrcdump.exe (which atm is not possible)

Here is what i tried:
Code:
txrcdump.exe output.bin example1.bin

the return was INVALID TXRC FILE

so I figured if i Just run it through lptexttool it might work.
Well... It didn't the game still would not boot.

On another note if i tried decompiling the gd_textres01_jpn.txrc into example.bin then use lptexttool.exe to recompile it into output.txrc and rename it and replace the file in the original folder.. then pack the game... it boots... so atm i feel the problem is coming from the txrcdump.exe or rather the lack of a txrc build program.

So Here I am ... wondering if you happen to have the compile programme. Thank you very much for you help thus far and in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday