Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd still rather not see it in this thread.

You could try to copy the SMS folder via SSH, and then fix the ownership.
Code:
chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS

If it's still giving you problems, try fixing the permissions too. This should work:
Code:
chmod 644 /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.*

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I didnt follow this exact menthod, but copying that directory from my 3gs and pasting it in my 4s via ssh worked fine. No permission settings needed :)

Thanks for all your help!

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey I saw your guide and I was a little confused on if it could work with an iPod 4th gen or not. So what I want to ask is if Absinth can work on iPods. Im asking because I just upgraded today to 5.0.1 and I don't want a tether jailbreak. I read the guide and by what I can understand it appears Absinth is the only untether out as of yet. I tried going to jailbreakme too hoping I could jailbreak like that like I did before upgrading my iPod...

Any help would be appreciated :)

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hey I saw your guide and I was a little confused on if it could work with an iPod 4th gen or not. So what I want to ask is if Absinth can work on iPods. Im asking because I just upgraded today to 5.0.1 and I don't want a tether jailbreak. I read the guide and by what I can understand it appears Absinth is the only untether out as of yet. I tried going to jailbreakme too hoping I could jailbreak like that like I did before upgrading my iPod...

Any help would be appreciated :)
absinthe is only for A5 devices (as stated in the jailbreak guide) the iPod Touch 4G uses the A4 chip, so you should use redsn0w.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I know what to do then thanks again

EDIT: I can't believe how easy jailbreaking got. When I had older iPods and iPhones I had trouble but I am amazed how easy I was able to do this. Anyway just wanted to update saying it was a success. It took 10 mins. I got redsnow and tether jailbroke it then I went to cydia and installed corona and now it is a successful untethered jailbreak!

My mom used this iPod the most now so now shes pissed I upgraded it and deleted her games. I will get everything back tomorrow though as it is late and I am tired. I am happy though. The iPod 4th gen is incredible with iOS 5.0.1 I never loved an Apple product this much until now. This iOS completes the iPod seriously. Now I am considering doing this to my iPod 3rd gen. :)

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, iOS 5.1 is out. And less than a day later, redsn0w received a welcome update! redsn0w brings a tethered jailbreak to non-A5(X) devices on iOS 5.1, as well as long-awaited support for iPod touch 2G units with the new bootrom ("MC" models).

(…Okay, the iPhone 3GS units with the old bootrom are untethered, but they're not that common to find.)

To be honest, there isn't that much in 5.1 (aside from a Japanese-fluent party gimmick Siri, deleting photos from photo Stream, faster camera access from the Lock screen, and preventing an untethered jailbreak), so if you're content on 5.0.1 you should probably just stay put for now.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I skimmed through this guide but I could not get a IPhone 3G to jailbreak correctly.
Version: 4.2.1 (8C148)
Modem Firmware: 05.15.04
iTunes 10.6 64-bit
Win 7 64-bit
redsn0w 0.9.10 b6
-Hit Extra - Select IPSW selected (iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw) - Jailbreak - Install Cydia checked - DFU - Windows popped up with 'assertion failure' in the title and 'allocate (233)' Redsn0w must close.

Tried running redsn0w as administrator, compatibility xp sp2/sp3, and restoring the iPhone in DFU with the same 'iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw' file.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I updated the guide to include a working table of contents and the iOS-based Apple TVs, but I somehow neglected the iPad 3. :blink: I'll add it to the guide later. Thanks!

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got the notification about iOS 5.1 being available to install; still no untethered jailbreak as far as I know, so is there something to take away the bubble on Settings?

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a jailbroken iphone3gs and unlocked with the ipad baseband.

I want to update it to the lastest ios version but I heard I cant use the stock version of apple.
How should I do it.?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Got the notification about iOS 5.1 being available to install; still no untethered jailbreak as far as I know, so is there something to take away the bubble on Settings?
There's a tweak called "noOTA badge" in Cydia that should remedy that.

I have a jailbroken iphone3gs and unlocked with the ipad baseband. I want to update it to the lastest ios version but I heard I cant use the stock version of apple. How should I do it.?
You should be able to make a custom IPSW with redsn0w to update. (Keep in mind custom IPSWs from redsn0w will not jailbreak your iPhone.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?