OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
... it has nothing to do with this thread.
Hey man. Just let people bitch about whatever they want here. That is why I made this thread. If someone wants to make an ass of themselves, so be it. I know you're a great guy. If there should be a place for people to act like deserving assholes and unwarranted pricks, let this be the place. We can all laugh later.

Cheers man!! :grog:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supporting the PS2 is just like a middle finger. Nobody has made PS2 games for years.

I'm surprised they still have dev kits for it :blink: But yes, this is the proverbial finger. What next, working on an N64 game? :rofl2: EA = the biggest trolling wankers in the industry

Reactions: Ray Lewis

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot that I can bitch about. Joostin, you know that. But can I bitch about women here also? They just suck. Women are usually not video game related, but there is certainly many games involved with them.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot that I can bitch about. Joostin, you know that. But can I bitch about women here also? They just suck. Women are usually not video game related, but there is certainly many games involved with them.
So what are you saying? You want women to suck less and play more video games? I don't know, video games are fun, but sucking...

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to quote a post I made at HacksDen last night:
You can always trust gbatemp to bring out pirates who've got their head stuck so far up their ass that they believe they are being cheated by DRM.

Reminds me of a "funny" situation I was recently having. I bought the Humble Bundle Weekly Serious Sam bundle, knowing that of all the games listed, I had only any real serious hope in being able to play Serious Sam 3 as it was the only one for Linux--the rest are a crap shoot under wine. The catch is one has to use Steam for SS3 (along with a few of the other games). No, problem, right? I mean, Steam is supposed to be DRM done right. Well, great, except getting as far as actually downloading SS3 and Steam kept crashing with a "double free" error.

Now, I can sort of say there's a happy end to this story. I saw the error, tried to Google it and didn't get much help, so I decided to try to debug the problem. As it happens, the steam.sh comes with a helpful DEBUGGER environment variable. So, a quick "DEBUGGER=gdb ./steam.sh" and...no crash. So, while I have no idea why Steam for Linux was crashing, have little doubt it'll crash again--possibly in-game which, you know, would suck--, and am rather confused about Steam's rather "helpful" debugging aid...

So, I'd guess my point would be, nah... DRM punishes the legitimate users more often than not--although SS3's invincible scorpion in pirated game is an interesting counter to that argument. I mean, serious, the DRM system itself is so unstable I'm not even sure if I can play the games I bought.

Reactions: Celice

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh gbatemp, how I missed you so... Even Foez is still here, it's as if I never left!

This thread is like a great big warm welcome, so, uh, hi, I guess. How's everyone doing in here?

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

JacobKibben

Yoshi scared...
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, Guys, I haven't read through the whole thread to know if this has been answered but here it is. Don't you all think a simple google search wouldn't hurt? I'm playng newer from my usb right now WITHOUT riivolution. Just google Automatic ISO Patcher for Newer SMB.II'll let you guys figure out the rest.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Guys, Guys, I haven't read through the whole thread to know if this has been answered but here it is. Don't you all think a simple google search wouldn't hurt? I'm playng newer from my usb right now WITHOUT riivolution. Just google Automatic ISO Patcher for Newer SMB.II'll let you guys figure out the rest.
That actually came about as a result of people in this thread and the other one complaining, and then making that very tool.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Exactly what Rydian said. People wanted an ISO (including myself), so after managing to successfully manually create an ISO of Newer, I decided to create and share an automated solution with everyone else too, and thus the Builder/Patcher was born. Also, what you are googling is out of date, as I have updated the patcher to support 5 different mods now too :)

The release thread for the updated version is in this very section of the forum :D

Reactions: JacobKibben
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one