Well im your eye candy type guy who loves the effects

ive got my cute rocket dock &
yod'm 3d
vista rainbar
etc

but i have one need in my computer life and that is
wobbly windows
i heard the stardock windows fx had it so i got a trial and nothing to be seen
then i thought i must me a full version thing so i went to me torrent site got it with a crack and the crack didn't work
then i heard about wompiz but its discontinued and i couldn't find 1 beta download anywhere

and dont tell me to get ubuntu, i've been down that road not gfx dont work with it and there only about 4 months old
and i dont want to install it,i want it off live cd but no linux is a c**t to me

please i really want wobbly windows

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
here is your answer.
Compiz Fusion is a windows manager, like explorer and finder, except that CF is a X-Windows manager while explorer is not (forget which kind). which means, no windows support unless you want to port all that.

IMO: Wobbly windows is gay

apu2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should learn to code for Microsoft's OS then. Or, y'know, you could try dual booting with Ubuntu and actually try to learn a little bit. It's really not hard to set it up and it has made vast improvements to set up different hardware configurations.

You shouldn't be that closed to the option of Ubuntu, ESPECIALLY if you're so into the graphical aspects of the OS. You can do so many things in Ubuntu that you can't do in Vista. What's even better, you can do more eye candy things in Ubuntu with a weaker video card than in Vista. Case and point: Intel's 915 chipset can't even run Vista's Aero theme, but it can do 90% of all the Compiz Fusion effects without a sweat.

Oh, and one more thing. It's pretty damn ironic that you refuse to use Ubuntu when your avatar is Tux, the Linux mascot
tongue.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
if linux had native gaming support, I'd drop windows, only because Ubuntu is a crackhore of eyecandy and tweaks/customizing! I like vista alot, don't see any of these "problems" people speak of. weird...

apu2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Agreed. I've had Vista running on 5 different PC's, all from different generations, and I never had problems with it. I think that the problems aren't caused as much by the OS as they are by the user him/herself. Like that saying goes: A computer will work only as well as the user can control it.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
juggernaut911 said:
if linux had native gaming support, I'd drop windows, only because Ubuntu is a crackhore of eyecandy and tweaks/customizing! I like vista alot, don't see any of these "problems" people speak of. weird...

Linux does have native gaming support?

apu2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not the way he means it. For example, you can't just insert a CD or DVD and install WoW or Half Life or Fallout 3. You would have to install Wine first, and then begin installing the game.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
apu2009 said:
Not the way he means it. For example, you can't just insert a CD or DVD and install WoW or Half Life or Fallout 3. You would have to install Wine first, and then begin installing the game.

There are plenty of games besides the ones you get off the shelves

apu2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never said there weren't other ones. Just the more popular titles won't have native support like ones that have Linux-ready binaries, like some Unreal Tournaments, Soldier of Fortune 2, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.