Homebrew Commercial ROM Loading with MoonShell 2 & YSMenu Guide

andynerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no YSMenu.ini file only a YSMenu config file YSMenu still loads but the problem i'm having is that when i try to run anything it says "unsupported DLDI name" Moonshell still doesn't want to work.

Also when loading moonshell this is the reason it halts "Misco_io:c:255 disc_SystemWriteSector_Body:#11802: System disk write verify error on cache. 0x0202e11c, 0x02024ef8, 29"

It used to work then I continued screwing with it and now it doesn't even after a fresh install. Maybe I screwed up the Formatting.

EDIT: randomly the alt loader worked! it won't load my rom and gives the error above except the hex codes are :"0x0202e11c,0x020250f8, 86"

EDIT: now it is being silly it gives the error above when i try to load a rom but sometimes the moonshell loader doesn't work sometimes it does.

EDIT: The folders keep setting themselves to read only !?!? I set the moonshl2 folder and the sub folders to non-readonly then once i check them again they are set back to read only. xD Now i'm confused all my folders are set to read only but i can edit them and their contents. Does the checkbox being covered in a big blue brick beside read only mean it is read only?

EDIT: i'm still thinking it's the way the flash is formatted on fat is was only different file version error on fat32 it's a whole wack of problems.

andynerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange I only reinstalled moonshell and now it loads on direct boot but it only loads the upper screen the lower screen gives the same dldi error. It says that the extended memory wasn't found I assume that has to do with the fact that it wasn't written to support the ARdsi but is there anyway I can trick it into thinking it is another cart that uses a microSD?

MurilloT

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So here's what I own:

- Nintendo DSi version 1.4U
- R4i SDHC V1.4

I downloaded the kernel, and spent the roms, all right.
When I put the DS and I enter it, the menu appears, but when you open a ROM, various data and the error appears:

Application halted: Please Refer [/ moonshl2/logbuf.txt]

Lock this part, and not leave.
Who can help. Help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

yoshi2889

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
smftools.comlu.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
andynerd said:
There is no YSMenu.ini file only a YSMenu config file YSMenu still loads but the problem i'm having is that when i try to run anything it says "unsupported DLDI name" Moonshell still doesn't want to work.

Also when loading moonshell this is the reason it halts "Misco_io:c:255 disc_SystemWriteSector_Body:#11802: System disk write verify error on cache. 0x0202e11c, 0x02024ef8, 29"

It used to work then I continued screwing with it and now it doesn't even after a fresh install. Maybe I screwed up the Formatting.

EDIT: randomly the alt loader worked! it won't load my rom and gives the error above except the hex codes are :"0x0202e11c,0x020250f8, 86"

EDIT: now it is being silly it gives the error above when i try to load a rom but sometimes the moonshell loader doesn't work sometimes it does.

EDIT: The folders keep setting themselves to read only !?!? I set the moonshl2 folder and the sub folders to non-readonly then once i check them again they are set back to read only. xD Now i'm confused all my folders are set to read only but i can edit them and their contents. Does the checkbox being covered in a big blue brick beside read only mean it is read only?

EDIT: i'm still thinking it's the way the flash is formatted on fat is was only different file version error on fat32 it's a whole wack of problems.You could try formatting your card.

QUOTE(MurilloT @ May 6 2010, 12:13 AM) So here's what I own:

- Nintendo DSi version 1.4U
- R4i SDHC V1.4

I downloaded the kernel, and spent the roms, all right.
When I put the DS and I enter it, the menu appears, but when you open a ROM, various data and the error appears:

Application halted: Please Refer [/ moonshl2/logbuf.txt]

Lock this part, and not leave.
Who can help. Help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must run the 178 KB version of the ROM that is generated.
By the way, YSMenu won't work on your card (loader error)

I'm using Moonshell as the normal games loader for my card. It works on R4 SDHC!
Even soft reset works.

Here are some funny things to know:
When updating your INFOLIB, EXTINFO and SAVLIB,
- Create a TTenu directory in the root of your card (if you haven't already)
- Place the latest files in the TTmenu directory
- Place the latest files also in the YSmenu directory (for backup, you never know)
- Start the game you want to play (which was not working on the unupdated way)

Also, when you are using Soft-reset, it must NOT be into the YSMenu directory.
It gave "Error opening "TTRESET.dat"" errors here.
Place the files in the TTmenu directory, along with ysmenu.nds.
Place the R4BOOT.DAT in the ROOT of your card.
Soft reset should now reset you back to Moonshell 2.
Press A+B+Y+X+L+R to soft-reset, for the ones that do not know that.

bannockburn1314

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys,im back visiting this thread after you sorted me out way back.Now im back with a question can you tell me if this is possible.

1. using woods v1.10 on r4 cart

2. auto boot moonshell 2.10(or very latest possible) at start up

3. have moonshell 2.10 load commercial roms

can it be done?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bannockburn1314 said:
hi guys,im back visiting this thread after you sorted me out way back.Now im back with a question can you tell me if this is possible.

1. using woods v1.10 on r4 cart
2. auto boot moonshell 2.10(or very latest possible) at start up
3. have moonshell 2.10 load commercial roms

can it be done?
You have just described a setup similar to what I have on my R4. The only difference is that because the WoodRPG/R4 svn repository isn't updated to the latest revision of WoodR4 v1.10, it doesn't have the added autorunwithLastROM option (Xenon++ adds that when its updated, so don't go asking if he has updated it yet, just check the woodrpg svn) so I have WoodR4 v1.09 with Moonshell2 and WoodR4 v1.10 as a subOS.

Autobooting Moonshell2 is just sending the .nds file through r4denc or r4crypt to encrypt the file and then renaming it to _DS_MENU.DAT.

bannockburn1314

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassic thanks for the quick reply,new this was the place to get answers.What version of moonshell are you getting to autoboot? if i remember right i had to use 2.6 last time coz later versions wouldnt autoboot.So will i be able to set it up using the same guide in this thread?,that is using woods firmware?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bannockburn1314 said:
jurassic thanks for the quick reply,new this was the place to get answers.What version of moonshell are you getting to autoboot? if i remember right i had to use 2.6 last time coz later versions wouldnt autoboot.So will i be able to set it up using the same guide in this thread?,that is using woods firmware?
I'm using Moonshell2.10. Just make sure you use the alternative moonshell2 loader available in Xenon++'s mshl2pack_r30 ([http://leafmoon.users.sourceforge.net/xenonnds/] moonshell simply link)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
coen22 said:
How can I load roms with moonshell and CycloDS evolution?
As far as I know, you can't. You could try asking the CycloDS Team to make an extlink loader like AKAIO. I've heard there is an autoboot feature for CycloDS, but unfortunately I have no way of seeing how that is stored and it probably wouldn't work as nicely as asking the CycloDS team because if I remember correctly, I believe the CycloDS uses a key configuration to autoboot the last played rom, thus it would be inconvenient to use Xenon++'s inilink method even if it IS possible (that being said, it would work better if the CycloDS has an option to automatically autoboot last rom, but Xenon++ would still need to know what is actually in the CycloDS to add any compatibility).

In any case, the best idea is to first ask the team to see if they would be willing to do that.

M

myspacee

hello to all,
i've recently bought an R4 clone for my Dsi Xl:
r4i-LH.jpg

r4isdhc

Read this post and try to create a moonshell capable to loading commercial ROM, without luck.

Anyone can confirm that also for my flash card this is possible ?

Doesn't exist package with all necessary files to copy directly to SD ?

thank you all for attention,

m.

M

myspacee

hello again,
i obtain a working YSMenu for my card but it's very slow when loading rom.

how moonshell associates file extension to right application ?

in moonshell is possible to rename all my *.nds backup in *.xxx (e.g.) and associate with a rom launcher ?
(as windows does)

thank you again for you help,

m.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
myspacee said:
hello again,
i obtain a working YSMenu for my card but it's very slow when loading rom.
how moonshell associates file extension to right application ?
in moonshell is possible to rename all my *.nds backup in *.xxx (e.g.) and associate with a rom launcher ?
You could check if your extinfo/savlib/infolib.dat are updated to the latest ones for your slow loading issue.
As for how moonshell2 associates the file extension is by using the extlinks in the extlink folder, and it is possible to rename all of your backup .nds files and associate it with the rom launcher.
abc is the file extension (up to 3 characters only):
abc.blahblah.nds

M

myspacee

thank you both for support,
now i've a working and upadated YSMenu on my card.

Is possible use extlinks to use YSMenu as rom loader ?
(nds.YSMenu.nds)

another question:
my card boot directly into supplier dash, regulated by 2 files:
Code:
R4.DAT
_DS_MENU.DAT

is there any way to boot directly into YSMenu/moonshell ?
(already try to rename)

thank you again for all info,

m.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1