Commercial ROM Loading with MoonShell 2 & YSMenu Guide

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Blackiris, Apr 18, 2009.

Apr 18, 2009
    • Newcomer

1TimeGo New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Okay..
    So I downloaded the file, 6.61. I reformatted the card, but it said that I failed to reflash the drive. I then stuck in the files from the most recent kernel download from my card's website. Then I added the TTmenu and Default.nds file. I added the R4-SDHC folder files. My card is a R4 SDHC Revolution from the web site www.r4ultra.com.
    I then took out the micro SD card and inserted it into my DS. I loaded the card and loaded the Deafult.nds file on the first screen, which is stated as YSmenu. I was taken to a new menu. I found my game folder and my games that I has also added to my drive. I tried loading one of these games, but it didn't work. None of them do. It says "Error" and beneath it, "Unsupported DLDl Name". They still work if I access the game folder in my original menu, but not the Default.nds
    I was then told to:
    1. open /_system_/resource/dldi.bin by hex editor
    2. change offset 0x60 from "R4DS" to "RPGS"
    I did so. I instead got a new error while loading.

akloader.nds
    Can't open loader
    OK(A)

I was suggested to extract akloader.nds from AK2i kernel...
    I got the akloader.nds file from the acekard website, AKAIO.1.8.7.
    I didn't put it in any folder. Can't even access my R4. Keeps loading.
    Put it in TTMenu folder. Nothing Happens.
    What do I do?

Please help. Thanks!

• Newcomer

RoniPunk New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I kinda have this working with DSiwarehax....
    • Reporter

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Message Count:
    United States
    elaborate please. could you post what version of moonshell2 you're using, and any other details of how you got it to boot.

R4Liam Artsy Dude

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Is it possible to get this to work with a dstwo, i know it seems pointless but i reallllly like the moonshell 2 ui.

jurassicplayer Nyahahahahaha~

Message Count:
    United States
    Possible, though you will be using the DSTWO's loader (not ysmenu). Depending on your laziness, you could either use an older version of Moonshell2 (though it goes up to 2.10 stable anyways) that is available from that MAIO thread , or you could use ndslink and the latest version of Moonshell2 (Child Zwai) which requires you to run ndslink whenever you add commercial ROMs to your flashcart and delete the accompanying file that is created when you run ndslink when you want to delete a game.
    In either case, just set up inilink correctly and it should work just fine.

R4Liam Artsy Dude

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    0_o I'm confused, so can I more or less follow the R4 guide for 2.10 using dstwo firmware not R4?
    • Newcomer

U-said-it New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Anyone ever figure out how to do this on an DSTT? I have no interest in using the older tutorial for Moonshell 2 (2.06 an older).

Preferably, it would be nice to be able to use the RetroGame unnofficial updated YSMENU.