Classic Nintendo Branding is back!

fb-400x400.jpg

The above image is the Nintendo logo for the modern age

nintendo_header.jpg

The above image was the original branding that seems to have made a comeback!

It would appear that the industry veteran is moving back towards to "classic" branding, though. Nintendo of America's Twitter profile now uses the famous white-on-red version of the logo, and this has been carried across to the company's YouTube account as well. The last two videos uploaded to the Nintendo YouTube account feature the classic logo in the bottom-left corner of their thumbnail images - a recent change.
Source

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh...the days when my mom's N64 (N69, @VinsCool? :creep:) would show a red logo was much better. Nowadays you just see a gray and white logo when booting up the Wii U and it makes you want to cut yourself and cry in the emo corner because gray is a depressing color. THIS will make me update my system if they update the logo on Wii U.
And guess what? I haven't been this happy since I started taking my meds, which was about 5 years ago. THANK YOU NINTENDO!
:bow: :yayu: :yaynds: :yay3ds: :yaywii:
What an adventurous life you must live that a simple company's logo causes such influence in your being.

Reactions: VinsCool

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so happy they are bringing back the old logo!
They're not. If you read the source article, the new branding is white on red. The red text on white background isn't mentioned or displayed anywhere on Nintendo's social media, I'm not sure why it's included in the OP. This thread is kinda misleading.

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if joking...there are tons of companies which use the same logo, and the same design scheme, for many years. It's about establishing a trustworthy identity with your customer base and retaining it.

Exactly during the Red logo years Nintendo was a great gaming company, I followed them every bit of the way I could ...but when they switch to the Gray logo thing everything started to decline. Hopefully with the Red logo coming back, will just mean more than just a Red logo ...we shall see??

Reactions: CaptainSodaPop
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Virtual boy confirmed!
Whilst you're joking, Nintendo may get back into the business of VR and bring back a new iteration of Virtual Boy. They made a killing off the Skylanders' business idea with the amiibos so wouldn't be surprised if they'd do this too.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm gonna smash some Pots, Only 20 Rupees in my pocket. I'm, I'm, I'm hunting, looking for another, this is fucking awesome!

But yea, I don't think this means much. We'll find out later this year I suppose. Could also mean we've fallen into the pit of no return with Nintendo.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe they will actually do something good this time and remove the kiddy image somehow...

(bring back F-Zero and you will make my fucking day)

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well Nintendo of Europe still has the grey one so i think its just because of MyNintendo because it has the same colours with the red and white.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Maybe they will actually do something good this time and remove the kiddy image somehow...

(bring back F-Zero and you will make my fucking day)
F-Zero is great, but they have said before that they are not planning to make another F-Zero game because there is nothing more they can add to the series. I kind of felt it stall after F-Zero X, which was to me a far more interesting and unique racing game than F-Zero GX was. Both are fun games, F-Zero GX just seems to have less of the uniqueness that makes F-Zero F-Zero. Love the F-Zero tracks in Mario Kart 8 at 200cc though, and I would love another F-Zero game if they did it right.

TinchoX

Azure Flame Kite
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Good old red logo huh, I always prefered the red logo over the gray one.
Good that it made a comeback.

D

Deleted User

They're more than happy to give Pikachu a voice but if I have to guess, they probably need to negotiate contract with the voice actors. Pokemon Snap worked because it was a selection of monsters but I can't imagine doing it for several hundred of them AND in different languages as well. Unless they think up of some crazy sound compression, it's probably why they stick to those 8 bit sounds for Pokemon around the world in the games.
In Stadium they had anime voices for the minigames, realistic cries in battle (rapidash sounded like an actual horse) AND the 8bit cries for pokedex entries in addition to PKMN Yellow Pikachu using the anime voice in battle. In addition to all the Ted Lewis commentary. A 3DS cart can hold many times the data of an N64 cart and should easily be able to fit voices for 700+ pokemon. Even if they can't do it for multiple languages the voice language could be based on whether it's a Japanese cart, English cart, German cart etc.

I think they only did it for Pikachu because it's symbolic.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users