Classic Nintendo Branding is back!

fb-400x400.jpg

The above image is the Nintendo logo for the modern age

nintendo_header.jpg

The above image was the original branding that seems to have made a comeback!

It would appear that the industry veteran is moving back towards to "classic" branding, though. Nintendo of America's Twitter profile now uses the famous white-on-red version of the logo, and this has been carried across to the company's YouTube account as well. The last two videos uploaded to the Nintendo YouTube account feature the classic logo in the bottom-left corner of their thumbnail images - a recent change.
Source

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, I'm wondering about the news value as well. More so...I can't see any damn difference! :wacko: I thought it was always red (except obviously on the monochrome gameboy). So I initially thought they went back to the grey of the eighties...

...but the two pictures in the OP are both wrong. It's a red background, a white oval, red inside the oval and white text.

...and nintendo.com uses the grey, so...

Ah, screw it. Wake me when there's something ACTUALLY news worthy.

Reactions: CathyRina

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or it means that they're jumping onto the retro bandwagon created by all those shitty pixelated indies and will now produce pseudo-8-bit garbage under the guise nostalgia to bilk suckers out of money. What? That's what I would do. I mean, it's 2016 and Pokemon still have pseudo-8-bit cries - they can't even spring for a recording booth when the anime "voiced" Pokemon since episode 1.

Personally I like the "pseudo -8-bit garbage" so I couldn't be happier. I hope you're right.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or it means that they're jumping onto the retro bandwagon created by all those shitty pixelated indies and will now produce pseudo-8-bit garbage under the guise nostalgia to bilk suckers out of money. What? That's what I would do. I mean, it's 2016 and Pokemon still have pseudo-8-bit cries - they can't even spring for a recording booth when the anime "voiced" Pokemon since episode 1.
I dunno if it's just me, but I actually prefer the Pokemon cries over the anime voices.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^ Portrait of a graphics whore...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it really newsworthy?
Sony changed their logo to the PS1 boot screen while at the same time rebrand themselves from SCE to SIE because of a merger and no one gave a shit.
Sony made games for the SNES using the same sort of logo, no one gave a shit then.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
whats next bring back the seal of approval...o wait they can't really guarantee anything they make these days is approved quality :creep:
Actually what THEY make is regarded quality, what other company's do is.... ( ubi,.....burp....)
Played some Toads treasure tracker, was blow n away by the quality in level design and graphics... oh so much gaming goodness!

Last edited by Hielkenator,
Reactions: tbb043

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my goodness you're so cynical I love it.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Same. I honestly don't want every Pokemon I encounter shouting their name at me. It's already bad enough with Pikachu doing it.
That sounds more retarded than anything, in my opinion.

Imagine if animals do the same? That would be a fucking shitfest in zoos xD

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They're more than happy to give Pikachu a voice but if I have to guess, they probably need to negotiate contract with the voice actors. Pokemon Snap worked because it was a selection of monsters but I can't imagine doing it for several hundred of them AND in different languages as well. Unless they think up of some crazy sound compression, it's probably why they stick to those 8 bit sounds for Pokemon around the world in the games.
Oh please. Contracts are a problem for a multimilion company now?
Personally I like the "pseudo -8-bit garbage" so I couldn't be happier. I hope you're right.
Put too much feed in the trough and even the pigs won't eat it. Every other indie these days is a pixelated mess and it's all supposedly an art statement, but all I see is an attempt to tickle your nostalgia jimmies. It's lazy, pompous, pretentious and awful - half the time you can't even figure out what's on the screen. If you think it's so great, why stop there? Just revert to Atari graphics - it's even more retro, and thus better, right? Bilking suckers out of money.
^ Portrait of a graphics whore...
I'm sorry for having standards? Graphics whores argue the benefits of 1080p over 900p while counting frames to make sure they get a constant 120 - I'm expressing my disgust with the state of the industry, namely the fact that it's now acceptable to release products that look 20 years out of date because it's "retro". It's not - if someone takes a photo with a sepia filter on, it's not a retro photograph, it's clear evidence that the person in question is an idiot. The charm of 8 and 16-bit games is triumph over adversity - developers back then worked on machines that could just barely display a couple of objects on a tile matrix and they made beautiful, engaging games in spite of that - that's true craft. Today those limitations don't exist, you're not making a statement, you're being pretentious. The least you can do is make your sprites resemble what they're supposed to represent - I would post a couple of offenders here, but I'm on mobile and couldn't care less since I'm in the right. Think Broforce, Lone Survivor etc. - those games make my d*ck shrivel, it's such a lazy move.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That sounds more retarded than anything, in my opinion.

Imagine if animals do the same? That would be a fucking shitfest in zoos xD
I wouldn't mind if they updated the cries of the old gen Pokemon though. They are starting to sound very dated compared to the new Pokemon cries and it's become a mishmash of 8-bit, 16-bit and up. But it might be difficult to update the cries to sound "newer" without making them sound completely different from before. Which still wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if the cries sounded different than before.

@pokemoncries

#relevant

Haha "LELELELELELE OOOOOOOOO"
Best Pokemon name ever.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dunno if it's just me, but I actually prefer the Pokemon cries over the anime voices.
You're like the people who said that "Pokemon wouldn't work in 3D and Nintendo would never switch to it" back in the DS era just to gobble it down the moment the first 3DS game came out. At this point it's obsolescence for no reason. I'm talking about you, @soulx. ;O;

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily