• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Civil war breaks out in Russia amid reports 25K Wagner mercenaries en route to Moscow

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 4,179
  • Replies 74
  • Likes 3

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They have all kissed and made up, back to war, bye bye Ukraine.
A kiss ain't gonna bring back the Russian fuel depots and aircraft Wagner blew up. Or their lost positions in Eastern Ukraine. Whatever makes you feel better about being a bootlicker for the losing side, though.

Reactions: Payne

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren't any civilians in fighting shape that haven't already fled the country, been drafted, or been jailed for protesting. Russia won't have any youth left after this is all over, kinda sad.

Either way though I'll repeat for the bootlickers in the back row: Ukraine captured several positions Russia had held since 2014 while Wagner was marching on Moscow. Even a small distraction is a massive boon when you've already got the advantage thanks to modern weaponry.

Over-reliance on mercenaries is always a losing strategy.
What areas did the Ukrainian army capture? Russia still holds Crimea, Bakhmut, the Donbas and all other areas they previously held. I remember when Bakhmut was going to be the turning point in the war and if Ukraine lost it, the war was lost, until Russia took it and suddenly, the left said Bakhmut didn't matter. All these people making predictions and reporting fake news never retract, and never apologize. You just move on the the next psyop that you will inevitably fall for, get proven wrong again, rinse and repeat.

The counter-offensive that was hyped up to take back Crimea and liberate Ukraine is a failure. While Prigozhin distracted the world, Putin was able to move entire armies into position.

Just admit you have been falling for psyops since the very beginning from the Ghost of Kiev, to Russia wanting to blow up nuclear power plants, Nazis in the Azov battalion, the the Nordstream destruction, the Crimean bridge and the Kryvyi Rih Dam being blown up. You have been wrong at every turn but you still come on here and spout nonsense.
Republicans, everyone. Senseless wars and attempted genocide are "hilarious" to them. Yet I doubt you'll be volunteering to walk into that meat grinder on Putin's behalf any time soon.

All of Russian military history can be summed up with, "and then it got worse."
I was in Iraq when it was the most volatile. When are you heading to the frontline to defend Ukraine? Probably not. Let all those young conservatives currently in the military go fight your war while you hide out in your mom's basement cowering in fear handing out copium on anonymous internet blogs.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who have been confused on what an insurrection looks like since 2021, this is what a real insurrection looks like. The guns and tanks are the tell here.
The only person clearly confused, is you. By the definition of the word, what happened in 2021 was an insurrection. Whether it was well planned, coordinated or not is irrelevant.

Reactions: Xzi and KingVamp

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only person clearly confused, is you. By the definition of the word, what happened in 2021 was an insurrection. Whether it was well planned, coordinated or not is irrelevant.
Actually, insurrections are required to be coordinated. Otherwise, they are just riots. Being armed is also necessary. That's not me saying it, that's Joe Biden who says that. I think it was F-16's that are needed is what he said.

For somebody who keeps saying it's useless to argue with me, you sure do engage with a lot of my comments.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, insurrections are required to be coordinated. Otherwise, they are just riots. Being armed is also necessary. That's not me saying it, that's Joe Biden who says that. I think it was F-16's that are needed is what he said.

For somebody who keeps saying it's useless to argue with me, you sure do engage with a lot of my comments.
You are a lost cause for sure but my replies are for the benefit of others.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insurrection

Reactions: Xzi and KingVamp

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The counter-offensive that was hyped up to take back Crimea and liberate Ukraine is a failure. While Prigozhin distracted the world, Putin was able to move entire armies into position.
This is the dumbest possible take on the whole situation. Wagner troops haven't even returned to the front lines yet, they remain weakened on the Russian side. As usual, fascists try to play off their dictator's incompetence by spinning it into genius. The absolute mental gymnastics at play here, Jesus.

Get some popcorns and don't forget your cellphone, you might get bored.

A "civil war" promoted by foreign (NATO) paid mercenaries... yeah sure.
LMAO if Wagner is owned by NATO, then Russia really is double fucked. There was nothing slowing their march on Moscow.

Reactions: KingVamp

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Get some popcorns and don't forget your cellphone, you might get bored.

A "civil war" promoted by foreign (NATO) paid mercenaries... yeah sure.
Bru Ukraine gets pounded every night, and the counter-offensive has been a failure so far they do not have air superiority now they are rumors that the Russians are ready to do a counter-offensive themselves. Ukraine did nothing blowing up the damn

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bru Ukraine gets pounded every night
Bru Russia is too afraid to even engage Ukrainian forces proper, they only target civilians. That does nothing to weaken Ukraine's military strength, which combined with the modern weaponry provided by the West, is why Russia's losses are at least ten times greater. Putin isn't fighting a war, he's just racking up casualties on all sides because that's what megalomaniacs do. He hates his own people at this point as much as the Ukrainians, which is why he's sending them to the front lines way under-equipped.

But sure, keep pretending Putin is a great leader and Russia hasn't looked like Fallout 3 since well before the invasion even began. That's the world conservatives want for us: greys and browns, nothing else.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I like that this conspiracy is bascially NATO fighting NATO.
Yo dawg I heard you like NATO...

xzibit-large.png

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are a lost cause for sure but my replies are for the benefit of others.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insurrection
It's constitutional to revolt against the government. The Founders even encouraged it. Only the government made it illegal to revolt against the government because the system will always protect itself.

Take a civics class. It can only help you at this point.
Post automatically merged:

This is the dumbest possible take on the whole situation. Wagner troops haven't even returned to the front lines yet, they remain weakened on the Russian side. As usual, fascists try to play off their dictator's incompetence by spinning it into genius. The absolute mental gymnastics at play here, Jesus.
You act like the Wagner troops are the only troops Russia has. You do understand that Russia has an entire Army, Air Force and Navy who all have special forces, right? Right?

And you still haven't retracted all the other times you've been wrong/lied. You think we are just gonna forget and let you slide? :rofl2: :rofl2::rofl2:

Last edited by TraderPatTX,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You act like the Wagner troops are the only troops Russia has. You do understand that Russia has an entire Army, Air Force and Navy who all have special forces, right? Right?
LMAO Putin's on what, his second or third draft now? It was obvious he wanted to send everybody but native Russians to the front if possible, but he's running out of prisoners and mercenaries. He's selling out Russia's future.
And you still haven't retracted all the other times you've been wrong/lied. You think we are just gonna forget and let you slide?
Just because something hurts your fee-fees, that doesn't make it wrong.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO Putin's on what, his second or third draft now? It was obvious he wanted to send everybody but native Russians to the front if possible, but he's running out of prisoners and mercenaries. He's selling out Russia's future.
Tell everybody you don't understand the Art of War without telling everybody you don't understand the Art of War.
Just because something hurts your fee-fees, that doesn't make it wrong.
Who is the Ghost of Kiev, then? Let's see who's fee-fees are really hurt here.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's constitutional to revolt against the government. The Founders even encouraged it. Only the government made it illegal to revolt against the government because the system will always protect itself.

Take a civics class. It can only help you at this point.

And you still haven't retracted all the other times you've been wrong/lied. You think we are just gonna forget and let you slide? :rofl2: :rofl2::rofl2:

Yeah so uh, we were talking about the definition of insurrection....

Which was used correctly....

Not really interested in whatever MAGA word salad accompanied

Also only profoundly stupid people believe the 2020 election results were illegitimate, so if you supported the actions of 1/6 that can only mean you're a profoundly stupid person. That's not up for debate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps