[BREAKING NEWS] Kyrgyzstan Bursts out into a Civil War.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

UPDATE: THEY NOW HAVE A NEW GOVERNMENT, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE

_47601400_bishkek_466.gif

11762030.jpg

article-0-09098BDA000005DC-236_634x499.jpg

article-1264307-0909A4FC000005DC-660_634x367.jpg

article-1264225-09096037000005DC-478_634x447.jpg

article-1264307-090A7B38000005DC-800_634x847.jpg

article-1264225-09097E05000005DC-297_634x456.jpg
QUOTE said:
The opposition in Kyrgyzstan says it is setting up a "people's government" after deadly clashes left dozens dead.
The opposition said Prime Minister Daniyar Usenov had agreed to resign but President Kurmanbek Bakiyev has yet to do so.
The whereabouts of President Bakiyev are not clear but reports say that he has flown out of the capital, Bishkek.
Protests at rising prices, corruption and the arrest of opposition leaders had erupted in three cities.
Kyrgyzstan is a strategically important Central Asian state and houses a key US military base that supplies forces in Afghanistan. Russia also has a base there.
The United States said it deplored the violence and urged "respect for the rule of law". It also said it believed the government was still in control.
Russian PM Vladimir Putin denied that Moscow had played any role in the unrest, saying it was a "domestic affair" and that there should be "restraint".
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said the protests showed the "outrage at the existing regime".
A spokesman for Ban Ki-moon said the UN secretary general was "shocked by the reported deaths and injuries that have occurred today in Kyrgyzstan. He urgently appeals for dialogue and calm to avoid further bloodshed".
Gunfire is continuing into the night in Bishkek with shops set alight.
The BBC's Rayhan Demytrie in Bishkek says there is widespread looting, with hundreds of protesters moving from one store to another.
The Kyrgyz health ministry said 40 people had died in the clashes and more than 400 were injured.
But the opposition says that is far too low. In a broadcast on a TV channel it took over, spokesman Omurbek Tekebayev said at least 100 demonstrators had been killed.
The opposition used its channel to say that it was setting up a government that would be headed by former foreign minister, Rosa Otunbayeva.
Ms Otunbayeva said in a broadcast: "Power is now in the hands of the people's government. Responsible people have been appointed and are already working to normalise the situation."
The Associated Press news agency reported that an opposition leader had taken over the National Security Agency, the successor to the Soviet KGB.
But Galina Skripkina, of the opposition Social-Democratic Party, told Reuters news agency that the president had not yet resigned.
"He must... formally submit his resignation to parliament so we can appoint a caretaker government," she said.
Reuters also quoted the Kyrgyz border control as saying the frontier with Kazakhstan had been closed.
Agence France-Presse says the US has suspended military flights at its base in Kyrgyzstan.
Curfews
The whereabouts of the president remain unknown. Opposition figures said he had flown out of Bishkek and had landed in the southern city of Osh.
Mr Bakiyev came to power amid a wave of street protests in 2005 known as the Tulip Revolution, but many of his allies have deserted him claiming intimidation and corruption.
The unrest had broken out in the provincial town of Talas on Tuesday and spread to Bishkek and another town, Naryn, on Wednesday. All three were put under curfew.
Interior Minister Moldomusa Kongatiyev, who was believed to have gone to Talas to calm the situation, was reportedly severely beaten.
Some reports said he had been killed by the mob, others that he was taken hostage, but there is no confirmation of his fate.
The violence may also have been exacerbated by the arrest of several opposition leaders, including Temir Sariyev, who was detained after arriving on a flight from Moscow on Wednesday. He was freed by protesters on Wednesday.
Police in Bishkek initially used tear gas and stun grenades to try to disperse protesters.
But the demonstrators overcame the police and marched to the presidential offices in the city centre.
Police cars were overturned and set alight and officers attacked by the crowd.
Gunfire could be heard crackling through the centre of Bishkek. The prosecutor's office was also set alight.
Source

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the country has been taken over by the Peoples' Government, hopefully the new government will do a good job and not end up like what happened with government overthrows in Central and South America.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting development and one I'll definitely be keeping my eye on. The "Peoples Government" part makes me wonder if they're going to attempt to institute Communism again.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'm a bit freaked out now. What's next? A random hypercane (Freaking giant hurricane-type thing) that moves across all of the continents one at a time? A 50 mile wide tornado that rips up houses and businesses?

Well, I'm set and ready for when God comes (Don't start any stupid shit about this)...

r3dfaction

Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Okay. I'm a bit freaked out now. What's next? A random hypercane (Freaking giant hurricane-type thing) that moves across all of the continents one at a time? A 50 mile wide tornado that rips up houses and businesses?

Well, I'm set and ready for when God comes (Don't start any stupid shit about this)...
I don't mean to start sh!t but you seem like a hypocrite, how can you be "ready for GOD" when your playing violent games such as Gears of War, Battlefield and GT4?

Might want rectify your post...

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
r3dfaction said:
TDWP FTW said:

I don't mean to start sh!t but you seem like a hypocrite, how can you be "ready for GOD" when your playing violent games such as Gears of War, Battlefield and GT4?

There is nothing in the Bible that says I can't...

r3dfaction

Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
r3dfaction said:
TDWP FTW said:

Can you explain this text then in Psalm 11:9:

"The LORD examines both the righteous and the wicked. He hates those who love violence."

Btw I'm not preaching, just proving you wrong...

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
It's violence in a virtual item...And just because I play it doesn't mean I love violence...It means more along the lines of performing acts of violence and doing it repetitively because you love the feel and the power of it.

Damn...I ask for no one to start shit about religion, and of course, some one has to.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Loving violence and playing video games that have violence in them are different things.

Also this is very interesting news.

r3dfaction

Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
It's violence in a virtual item...And just because I play it doesn't mean I love violence...It means more along the lines of performing acts of violence and doing it repetitively because you love the feel and the power of it.

Damn...I ask for no one to start shit about religion, and of course, some one has to.
Look I have no intentions of starting a quarrel, but let me leave you with this thought.

Do you think Jesus would play the games your Playing?

Don't be stupid and say yes, I think you know the answer... [Walks out]
hate2.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:

You should get used to that. Whenever it's brought up religion will always cause some kind of discussion, debate, banter or just plain hurling of abuse.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
_47601400_bishkek_466.gif

QUOTE said:
The opposition in Kyrgyzstan says it is setting up a "people's government" after deadly clashes left dozens dead.
The opposition said Prime Minister Daniyar Usenov had agreed to resign but President Kurmanbek Bakiyev has yet to do so.
The whereabouts of President Bakiyev are not clear but reports say that he has flown out of the capital, Bishkek.
Protests at rising prices, corruption and the arrest of opposition leaders had erupted in three cities.
Kyrgyzstan is a strategically important Central Asian state and houses a key US military base that supplies forces in Afghanistan. Russia also has a base there.
The United States said it deplored the violence and urged "respect for the rule of law". It also said it believed the government was still in control.
Russian PM Vladimir Putin denied that Moscow had played any role in the unrest, saying it was a "domestic affair" and that there should be "restraint".
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said the protests showed the "outrage at the existing regime".
A spokesman for Ban Ki-moon said the UN secretary general was "shocked by the reported deaths and injuries that have occurred today in Kyrgyzstan. He urgently appeals for dialogue and calm to avoid further bloodshed".
Gunfire is continuing into the night in Bishkek with shops set alight.
The BBC's Rayhan Demytrie in Bishkek says there is widespread looting, with hundreds of protesters moving from one store to another.
The Kyrgyz health ministry said 40 people had died in the clashes and more than 400 were injured.
But the opposition says that is far too low. In a broadcast on a TV channel it took over, spokesman Omurbek Tekebayev said at least 100 demonstrators had been killed.
The opposition used its channel to say that it was setting up a government that would be headed by former foreign minister, Rosa Otunbayeva.
Ms Otunbayeva said in a broadcast: "Power is now in the hands of the people's government. Responsible people have been appointed and are already working to normalise the situation."
The Associated Press news agency reported that an opposition leader had taken over the National Security Agency, the successor to the Soviet KGB.
But Galina Skripkina, of the opposition Social-Democratic Party, told Reuters news agency that the president had not yet resigned.
"He must... formally submit his resignation to parliament so we can appoint a caretaker government," she said.
Reuters also quoted the Kyrgyz border control as saying the frontier with Kazakhstan had been closed.
Agence France-Presse says the US has suspended military flights at its base in Kyrgyzstan.
Curfews
The whereabouts of the president remain unknown. Opposition figures said he had flown out of Bishkek and had landed in the southern city of Osh.
Mr Bakiyev came to power amid a wave of street protests in 2005 known as the Tulip Revolution, but many of his allies have deserted him claiming intimidation and corruption.
The unrest had broken out in the provincial town of Talas on Tuesday and spread to Bishkek and another town, Naryn, on Wednesday. All three were put under curfew.
Interior Minister Moldomusa Kongatiyev, who was believed to have gone to Talas to calm the situation, was reportedly severely beaten.
Some reports said he had been killed by the mob, others that he was taken hostage, but there is no confirmation of his fate.
The violence may also have been exacerbated by the arrest of several opposition leaders, including Temir Sariyev, who was detained after arriving on a flight from Moscow on Wednesday. He was freed by protesters on Wednesday.
Police in Bishkek initially used tear gas and stun grenades to try to disperse protesters.
But the demonstrators overcame the police and marched to the presidential offices in the city centre.
Police cars were overturned and set alight and officers attacked by the crowd.
Gunfire could be heard crackling through the centre of Bishkek. The prosecutor's office was also set alight.
Source
violence = bad
fun = good

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r3dfaction said:
TDWP FTW said:
r3dfaction said:
TDWP FTW said:

Can you explain this text then in Psalm 11:9:

"The LORD examines both the righteous and the wicked. He hates those who love violence."

Btw I'm not preaching, just proving you wrong...

I don't think God approves of you using his words to troll people on an online forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: How Roms Try Helping? +1