• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Civil war breaks out in Russia amid reports 25K Wagner mercenaries en route to Moscow

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 4,176
  • Replies 74
  • Likes 3

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had a friend who would help me when a mercenary army is 50 miles away from me, and about to coup me. I wonder if any country leaders would step in for Biden, if Blackwater was about to topple him.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
i find it funny that while the "CIVIL WAR" was happening, Ukraine was still been pounded by missiles
Not well for Putin, Prigozhin made him look weak and simultaneously caused the Russians to lose ground in Ukraine. The cracks are showing through.
>not well for Putin
Guy got exiled and half his force was absorbed into the proper Russian army

The guy had no support from the people and got a shittier deal from the one he was given first.

Reactions: asdfzxc920

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know the leader will convienently "disappear" question is is the remaining wagners gonna finish it if he turns up dead? never trust a snake to honor his word ya know we've known that since sunday school

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
>not well for Putin
Guy got exiled and half his force was absorbed into the proper Russian army
What are you talking about? Putin capitulated and gave Wagner security guarantees in exchange for them ending their march on Moscow. I'm sure he'd love to assassinate Prigozhin for making him look weak, but that would likely just restart the coup as things stand now. The list of weaknesses for both Ukrainian forces and NATO to exploit is getting a lot longer, and very quickly.

Reactions: Payne and KingVamp

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reports (rumour) says Puttin has fled Russia.

Maybe... uh... like this to save what was left of his reputation?
images

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yeah, after Putin accused Prigozhin of treason he issued a response. Lukashenko is the one who somehow talked Prigozhin down from his march on Moscow.
he name him by name? i dot remember that but ok

also, there so much unrest in russia look at here :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There wasn't even that much unrest/resistance when Wagner was marching on Moscow TBH, which tells us Putin is losing influence with his own people big time.
There's so much cope and hopium in this post. The fact that nobody joined the Wagner group as they marched shows that they didn't have the support of the people.

The left believes anything the junta media tells them to believe. Last week the Wagner group were terrorists murdering Ukrainians; this week they are Russian liberators on their way to oust Putin.

You guys fell for the same psyop when Prigozhin claimed he was out of ammo right before taking Bakhmut. How many times are you going to be wrong before you learn? I said it as a joke, but humiliation really is part of the kink for you, isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There's so much cope and hopium in this post. The fact that nobody joined the Wagner group as they marched shows that they didn't have the support of the people.
There aren't any civilians in fighting shape that haven't already fled the country, been drafted, or been jailed for protesting. Russia won't have any youth left after this is all over, kinda sad.

Either way though I'll repeat for the bootlickers in the back row: Ukraine captured several positions Russia had held since 2014 while Wagner was marching on Moscow. Even a small distraction is a massive boon when you've already got the advantage thanks to modern weaponry.

Over-reliance on mercenaries is always a losing strategy.

Reactions: KingVamp

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Republicans, everyone. Senseless wars and attempted genocide are "hilarious" to them. Yet I doubt you'll be volunteering to walk into that meat grinder on Putin's behalf any time soon.
Why would I volunteer on Putin's behalf? That 'you'll' in there has me confused if that's directed at me or not, if so, I'm not sure why you think I would be doing anything on Putin's side.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I aint volunteering for shit. But I'm also not going to laugh at people dying, that's just fucked up.
You literally just laughed at Ukrainian civilians being bombed. I'm holding my laughter until we've finished training Ukrainians on F-16 fighter jets and they completely obliterate Russia's rusty air force. An unexpected coup is a solid consolation prize until then.

Reactions: Payne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1